Casey Jones TV Series

I recall this show and many others such as the Lone Ranger, Zorro etc as being standard informative years early TV shows as part of our staple diet in Australia. LOL!

Sir Dave,

Nice to hear from you,

I was about headed to retire tonight, when I checked one last time for new messages.

And couldn't believe my eyes, I used to watch this show eons ago.......

And Sir Dave do you remember this guy,

RED LIGHT GREEN LIGHT with glass of milk, if memory serves me correct.....;)

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffnt&q=engineer+bill+1955&ia=web

Thank you for sharing, brings up so very old memories when I was 5 yrs old or so........Life was so different back in the day..........

Take care ole friend..........:wave:

Timing is so weird - just watched episode 1 two days ago. To win a race and get a US Mail contract they have a race with their competitor RR. When they talk about pulling a section of their track and joining it to the competitors track (mid way thru the run - the route is shorter) I had to quit watching. :(

I recall this show and many others such as the Lone Ranger, Zorro etc as being standard informative years early TV shows as part of our staple diet in Australia. LOL!

Same in the UK, 'strewth I feel old, must have been about 5 or 6 when Casey Jones was on.

I remember a lot of those stars, but not that show! It's in color, so I was around. I don't know how I missed it! Thanks for the link! Casey Jones was soon to get trapped on an island with a boat ful of castaways. THey called him "Skipper" :hehe:

I remember seeing some of the episodes as well. These shows, such as Car 51, and Bonanza were the staple of my afternoons. We had a big Zenith B&W TV so I never knew it was in color. I feel old as well!

Thanks for making me feel old!

And now I have the earworm from the title music.

I think i preferred the "Petticoat Junction" titles - and of course "Up the Junction"

Cheers,

Colin

Well, thank you for this ! I didn't know it existed either. For whatever reason, unfortunately, it didn't hit the circuit of the re-runs back in the 60's, at least in the New York area. Since this is from the 50's I'm guessing that it was later colorized. Good ol' early railroading tall tales put on the screen. Instant Gandy Dancers, the kid being an experienced pin puller and the dog helping to "wood up" the firebox

Last edited:

Was the most important show of the day for a young kid . I'd be somewhere between 3 and 5 I think when it was running but can still remember it

Remembered it when the opening started. On coming train and the title speeding toward the viewer. Thinking this may have been a Saturday morning show along with Sky King and My friend Flicka.

Hope your feeling better Dave
Rob

OK, I admit it. I also watched episode 2 and 3, and it won't end there until I see them all. Reality has been stretched as I don't believe Casey Jones actually saved a US Army outpost from a major Sioux Indian attack .......LOL........but it's still entertaining. In episode 3, a gentlemen ( who later became Sheriff Coffee on Bonanza) drilled holes in a log for the Cannonballs ' wood tender and inserted a couple sticks of dynamite in the log to blow up the engine once the fireman throws it in the firebox. Clever ! ...........but I won't say anymore about that and spoil the outcome. Still, there is some accuracy as many Conductors of that era would have " riding shotgun on the Wells Fargo" in their resume'.

So now, instead of just being entertained as kid would be, I have to scrutinize all the important historic details.........such as " hey wait a minute .......Dietz didn't make that oil lantern model until 1918 ! "

If Casey Jones was being shown as reruns during the 60's in the NY viewing area, I know I'd remember it, along with The Three Stooges, Little Rascals, Superman, Winchell - Mahoney Time, The Sandy Becker Show etc. If I can remember " The Go Go Gophers" , I'd remember Casey Jones. I feel robbed.

Remembered it when the opening started. On coming train and the title speeding toward the viewer. Thinking this may have been a Saturday morning show along with Sky King and My friend Flicka.

Hope your feeling better Dave
Rob

Got to say, I thought that was one of the coolest Airplanes around, wanted to find a friend who owned or used one.......Just to say I rode in one of those pristine Aircraft....Never happened.........

And Flicka was a beautiful Horse.....All great shows back when I was knee high to a Tadpole.........Truly good times to remember for sure.......

I remember seeing some of the episodes as well. These shows, such as Car 51, and Bonanza were the staple of my afternoons. We had a big Zenith B&W TV so I never knew it was in color. I feel old as well!

I don't think it was in colour, this example is colorized. I certainly remember this series from the sixties/seventies, the UK generally got US series about a decade later.

Back