Loading trains in portal

lenscab

Hi,,,,,, I need to have a train go into a portal and return with full lumber wagons and I have set it to only load empty wagons but when it comes out of the portal it is loaded with the item at the top of the list of available items for that wagon. So I have deleted all the items except lumber and it still does the same, it comes out with eg (containers). I have looked for flatcars or gondolas that only load lumber but when it gets to the port to unload they dont unload , it must be the wrong type of lumber. I have a lumber mill running but it will not make enough lumber as it is taking what it makes to some where else. The type of lumber I need is just the standard Auran type like the one at the lumber mill that consumes logs and produces woodchips and lumber. Can someone help me with this please?.
Len

Hi Len,

Try this command:

<kuid2:368725:60011:2> InstantLoad with a product from a queue specified by the user.

Put this command in the command bar for the driver in the portal. Setup the command as you wish. I used it once so I'm a bit rusty, but I think this will work for you.

John answer is the correct one. I use it when needed. However, when you say you deleted all the commodities on the wagon, you did it in surveyor. If you open the config file of the wagon, and delete all the "load", leaving only the one you desire, you will be successful. It implies that you must know the kuid numbers for all these commodities. Remember what I always say: "what comes out of a portal is not what goes in". Meaning that what comes out is the default wagon as set in the config file, not what you re-configure in surveyor.

Thanks John It works for me and I am happy now, Keep safe my friend. Thanks for the info llebrez.
Len

Last edited:
hey Jcitron

Can you inform me about the syntax of how to introduce the commodities in this command please.

Thanks a lot

hey Jcitron

Can you inform me about the syntax of how to introduce the commodities in this command please.

Thanks a lot

Hi Frank,

Place the Instant Load command in the driver-command bar just like any other driver command. This command will load the default commodity for the freight wagon. If you are interested in a specific commodity, you might want to check out this one.

<kuid2:368725:60011:2> InstantLoad with a product from a queue specified by the user, which is available by Elstoko from the DLS.

This will prevent sand from being loaded in coal hoppers, for example, if the sand is the default commodity for those wagons. You have to setup the command in the driver command bar when you place it just as you setup interactive industry destinations and portals.

Back