Regretful apologies to everyone

As the rest above, this came as a shock!

It makes me sad, never had the chance to meet him, but he seemed like a great person and full of life.

It's sad that a person has to pass on to reminds us all that life is very precious, short and brief, and that one has to do the best out of it at any time - because before you know it, we all pass on.

May his memory life for ever, now among the rest of the known Trainz people that have travel the same line ahead of him - and with all the unknown till now, and later, that will both have travel before and will follow hopefully a long time in the future.

May he rest in piece.

Linda

This is truly terrible news and almost beggars belief. Alastair was definitely one of the more significant members of the community.

As it is unlikely that his father will look at the forum again I used the e-mail address above to express my condolences. I would urge others to do this as well as messages of sympathy and support can be of help during this time.

I still just can't believe it.

Nix

So sad to hear about this, Georges. Alastair was one of the greatest contributors to the community through the forums, IRC and in content.

He was a cornerstone of the #trainz IRC channel and will be especially missed there.

Tom.

Honestly, this isn't some kind of joke, I'm just curious, was he the basis for the Alastair engineer in Trainz? Just because I know that a lot of those engineers are based off of real people.

Please don't be offended, and I'm honestly not trying to.

This is truly terrible news and almost beggars belief. Alastair was definitely one of the more significant members of the community.

As it is unlikely that his father will look at the forum again I used the e-mail address above to express my condolences. I would urge others to do this as well as messages of sympathy and support can be of help during this time.

I still just can't believe it.

Nix
A very good suggestion Nix, I wonder though if we can take this a step further.

Is there anyway we can copy this thread and then email it to him?

Ops just found out I can. With the time differences around the world I will wait a little while and then email it if it is not to large.

Craig
:(:(:(

My condolences to Alastairs family in their moment of grief. I know what it's like to loose a beloved family member. My grandfather passed away 4 years ago, and I still miss him.

Rest In Peace Alastair.

Chris
(psycho_aussie)

I don't often view these forums, however I have just received a telephone call regarding Alastair's very sad passing. I haven't seen him for a while but spent a number of days working alongside him at the East Kent Railway. Not quite sure what else to say, but I was very sorry to hear the "news" and offer my condolences to his family and close friends.

Here are some images I took of his locomotive:
http://ekrailway.fotopic.net/c634936.html

Here are a couple of images including the man himself:
http://ekrailway.fotopic.net/p24186191.html (he loved the hat really ;))
http://ekrailway.fotopic.net/p18182916.html (he's not nicking fuel, is he? :hehe:)

Last edited:
Louise just phoned and broke the sad news to me, I dont know what to say, shocked to say the least, speachless, almost in tears here, its been a bad 2 weeks for me personally speaking and this makes it worse. I am going to leave a personal message with Mr Dussart via the email provided, but I really am truly shocked. I met Beanie once up in London and he was the liveliest person to talk to about his beloved 427 loco that he eventually bought. I remember he kept me upto date about sorting 427 out as well as one of the 33's that was at the EKR.

I shall miss him although I had not spoken to him recently.

Rest in Piece Alistair, beanie and HJP.

Hentis:(:'(

No meantion of funeral or anything, i'm sure some people here would want to go.

Any chance of anyone organising some sort of get together, maybe at the East Kent Railway? Idea? :(

Very sad to read this thread. My condolences to all his family and a big hug to his dad who bravely put his pain aside to tell us about this disgraceful piece of news.

I'm sure Dad will feel a bit more comforted to see us remembering his beloved son and watching how he shared this sane passion for virtual railroading with friendly people over here.

My sympathy for all the Dussarts in memory of his son now gone.

Alberte

Even though I didn't know him, I feel like I have lost a good friend. Condolences to his family, he will be sorely missed.

Jack

Back