trainzpotting mm19 - challenge

zsuda

gemmipickin'gimmepiggy
.. sometimes in this forum i see reactions to the decoration and/or layout of the trs19 mainmenu, before and after the change ..
it could be a challenge to inspire n3v with our own visions about the view and possiblities of that important entry point ..
i know, it is just a brief view, because it is the start to the next station : after starting trainz in the launcher it is usually immediately followed by the next choice on this main switch ...
but sometimes, like i do, it is or could be a nice background on your screen, while doing something else ... especially when there are more animations, except flying birds, swirling dust and swaying flora ..
perhaps a passing favorite loc or even a whole consist ... like sitting in your rocking chair on the heated patio or wintered balcony ... and also with the option to change the view ..

let me show you my vision :
- 1st i cloned the <kuid2:661281:200003:28> TRS19 Main Menu Route in content manager / content / clone (ctrl d)
- changed the filter of content manager to "open for editing"
- rightclicked the "new asset" and open .. edit config file text ..
- in config.txt i changed privileges / permit-xxx = 1 .. and .. username = 00 Main Menu 21 ...
- rightclicked the "new asset" and "submit edits" ..
- now i have an editable "route" .. remember : it's still "modified, payware" and therefore not mergeable ... nor interchangeable ..
- next i "moved" the scene closer to the edge (as i always do in my diorama concept) by copy + paste .. and deleted 1 ground ..
- i filled the board with 2 portals (in and out), tracks, buildings, textures, etc ...
- as the original display shows "seasonal" tracks, textures etc i created a winter vision ...
the name of the assets assumes the time of the year ... but it isn't : changing the month in the environments don't show any season ..
but if you put the snow altitude to or below 0, your world is suddenly snowy .. i made a session with that setting ..

almost a year ago i did a vid of "trainzpotting the mainmenu" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEs8f2lhPyw

and now the newest one .. my vision : simple and compact .. just a few addons ..
let me challenge you : show n3v your interpretation of the main menu ... so that they can make their choices ...

original route :

474f28a2-0195-14ec-c0a5-5f0db6dc35d2.png

my 1st basic vision :
00f840c8-9a99-96cd-8547-c6a1fe8cf3f9.png

55f89150-abfd-b11a-35f8-548d1d0dea3a.png

ba706004-1ad3-20a3-b3f8-387606645fe2.png

e234e7ee-bc0f-c938-e952-c7b7186df839.png

9da58865-790a-39eb-bff1-90846bc76d84.png

9c7d8a75-3d67-95b7-b215-c6d0207b700f.png

stay safe & keep creating ..
grtz
daveric

Last edited:
While it's a neat modification, I am not sure I personally would go to all that work. I don't spend much time on the initial screen. I have a route set up primarily for train watching. Now is this simply one old guys opinion. Although I will say that the video of your creation is very entertaining.

I don't think anything will come of it, but I think it is a great creative idea, and could almost be a competition! I think you did a great job on this! Kind of ironic starting your video with a third party consist! :eek:

Zsuda, I think it is great that you have in fact resulted in turning the MM into another small model railroad or maybe small shortline route at full scale. You are already the master of dioramas, and this is more evidence of your creative abilities.

... thankz forester1 for the pat on shoulder ... and jeff1959 for the compliment ..
have fun

850bc6e9-c500-cd4c-498d-823f20b4d012.png

Last edited:
@aryadwi_ef641030 : terima kasih banyak .. thank you very much for your support ..
@p-dehnert : herzlichen dank .. thank you for taking up the challenge ..

Last edited:
Back