Vintage German Goods Wagons

shebashetan7

Hey,

I noticed that there are a limited amount of goods wagons available that fit the historical era 1920s to the 1960s for German railways (Deutsche Reichsbahn Gesellschaft aka DRG). What wagons are available that would go along with the German steam locomotives from Steam Locomotive Works and other sites? In addition, it's challenging to tell if a piece of rolling stock belongs to either the pre-WWII DRG or the post-war West German DR.

Hi Shebashetan7, to identify the times you mention, between 1920 and 1937 more or less the circular DRG logo; between 1937 and 1945 the eagle alone with the swastika that I suppressed in some platforms that I have published.

Regards, Javier

drg.jpg

aguil.jpg

I looked up both Vasquez and Kilanziom on the DLS. There were only passenger coaches, and the latter had only the 1950s- DB and East German DR versions available.

The author Killerkrabbe has some goods wagons at the DLS. The names usually have DRG (= Deutsche Reichsbahn Gesellschaft) at the beginning.
The author Ulme has 2 goods wagons, which were always used together (<kuid:79309:15001> and <kuid:79309:15002>)
Another author is Gerd.

Peter

Last edited:
So Gerd has a good little variety of wagons, though the naming convention could be better to help better organize and make them easier to find when making up a train for a session or consist.
I renamed all of Fant's wagons that were not yet so under the prefix FRT so they could be all together in the same group.

I looked up both Vasquez and Kilanziom on the DLS. There were only passenger coaches, and the latter had only the 1950s- DB and East German DR versions available.

I know, but i thought, it might be good to know as you asked for rolling stock for the SLW Locos - as for example 01, 03, 23, 38, 78 (just to name a few) are mainly passenger locos.

I know, but i thought, it might be good to know as you asked for rolling stock for the SLW Locos - as for example 01, 03, 23, 38, 78 (just to name a few) are mainly passenger locos.

Some of the passenger cars that could go along with them, the ones by Vasquez and Gerd, also could be helpful to rename them to make them easier to find.

Well I took all of Gerd's goods wagons for standard gauge and renamed them so that they would be sorted and found under the DRG prefix. All of them were labelled as Deutsch Reichsbahn and a few even had the eagle logo from the 1920s to 30s.

Back