Portals - "Restart Rules" Causing Problems

boleyd

I can't seem to get a reliable/repeatable operation of the Basic Portals. While difficult to pinpoint, the Restart Rules "seems" to turn on in the background when going to Driver where the portal would emit. When no trains appear I see the Restart Rules highlighted. Clearing it and retrying results in no emission of a train and the Restart Rules is once again turned on.

Occasionally, the train shows up. But, I can't determine what sequence is a repeatable process.

I have tried the Quick Portal, Central Portal and the portal's builtin management screens with inconsistent results.

Build 111782

Last edited:
I've had issues using this myself. My AI drivers ended up getting stuck all over the place and I ended up quitting the session anyway because it was easier than unsnarling the drivers caught all over the place with driver commands reset to the beginning. Portals too weren't right and your problem sounds familiar.

There should be a reset or restart session option to do just that to start over with everybody returned to the beginning except the session isn't opened from the driver/surveyor menu.

Or, at least, tell the customer that the Reset Rules flag is set, with the opportunity to reset it without leaving the portal function. Once you leave the portal you can loose control of the portal depending on conditions when you leave or re-enter.

Back