Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRS19 SP3 Beta 111831

Default TRS19 SP3 Beta 111831

This update fixes the freeze reported by Roy. The fix involves a change to ground editing so we encourage testers to explore the various tools that affect terrain (including bulk replace, merge etc).

Consider interactions with effect layers, track, scenery, minimap, etc. Be on the lookout for assertions, crashes, or deadlocks and report here and using Trainz Bug Report.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Very cool! Backing up my UserData folder now ahead of installing this welcome update.
    Took much longer to back up those User Data files and folders than it did to download and install the 20MB patch, check for integrity (23 seconds) and pre-cache assets in TrainzUtil (3 minutes).
    All my user preferences and Trainz settings were retained. Unlike the previous beta build, this one displayed the Main Menu very quickly upon restart.
    Looks great so far - so I'm off to break what I can...
    Last edited by PC_Ace; March 15th, 2021 at 07:37 PM.

not seeing the update for Mac, is this PC update only?
    Trainz 2019 Big Sur. M1 Macs
    2014 Mac Mini 8gb ram, Intel 1536MB
    2014 Air 8gb memory, Intel 1536MB
    T Driver 2 iPhone SE2 iOS14

Quote Originally Posted by capdiamont View Post
    not seeing the update for Mac, is this PC update only?
    Yes PC only at this stage.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Thailand, Phu Pan Nat'l park proud neighbor
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up freeze fixed!

Dear Tony,QA team,
    This morning i installed 111831 without a problem.
    Itested the smooth terrain on the canal aand did not see ANY hickup or freeze so far.
    Fiddled with track,roads andd terrain on different places and all weent well and very responsive overall.
    Also Noticed the redraw is behaving much better not very fast but way better than beforee. Yes my route Calgary is loaded with splines for obvious reeasons.
    Well done, looks like a very good update #111831 from what I experienced this short time usage!

Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    This update fixes the freeze reported by Roy. The fix involves a change to ground editing so we encourage testers to explore the various tools that affect terrain (including bulk replace, merge etc).

Consider interactions with effect layers, track, scenery, minimap, etc. Be on the lookout for assertions, crashes, or deadlocks and report here and using Trainz Bug Report.
    Last edited by RoysTrainz; March 16th, 2021 at 11:32 PM.
    The makers of the famous Canadian Rocky Mountains routes
    Master my all new TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains routes

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

So far this version appears to work okay with digging and raising the terrain.

I did notice something regarding the redrawing, which is related to the position of the user-view when removing a spline such as tracks or roads.

If the track spline, for instance is directly in front of the user's view, then the spline deletes and there is no refresh. If the spline is offset from the user's view, there is a redrawing of the surrounding splines with a delay as well between clicking and being ready to proceed. The distance is very short, perhaps, 5 or 10 meters.
    Last edited by JCitron; March 16th, 2021 at 11:24 PM.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

Thailand, Phu Pan Nat'l park proud neighbor
    Blog Entries

#6:

Yes John I noticed same for a long time and still occur.
    The makers of the famous Canadian Rocky Mountains routes
    Master my all new TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains routes

There's an issue in Driver mode: when you click on driver icon, the game freezes indefinitely. I saw this happen to others, too. Rebuild did not help. Should I submit a bug report on this, or is this a normal situation for beta? Or maybe it's a known issue and I should assume this bug will just disappear in the final release.

When you press F5 the hud is hidden. If you then move the cursor to the top, the menu icons appear but not the clock.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooks View Post
    There's an issue in Driver mode: when you click on driver icon, the game freezes indefinitely. I saw this happen to others, too. Rebuild did not help. Should I submit a bug report on this, or is this a normal situation for beta? Or maybe it's a known issue and I should assume this bug will just disappear in the final release.
    If you are frozen like that it could be there's an Assertion error message. These are error breakpoints that will come up if there's a problem to be reported. Check your task bar, press ALT+Enter, if you are running full-screen. If you have one of these errors, screen capture it and send in a bug report here:

https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Yes you should report this if you are getting a freeze anyway. Supply as much detail as you can and even use Problem Steps recorder to provide a report if necessary.
    Last edited by JCitron; March 17th, 2021 at 04:42 PM.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

Still having crashes to desktop when trying to delete green highlighted tracks. Also, my TRC triggers aren't seeing my crossing signals...
    0njugh09gy76tr6v65c5cr5dxc68rx7s5x4sop9jbnh89u7gvg 67f

It seemed to me that after this patch, the game began to load longer and slow down

Sanek17 - Was that after using TrainzUtil to precache your installed assets using the command 'prebuild'?
    Be aware that the first run of any session will take longer initially whilst the program refreshes the shaders.
    After that, you'll find that routes and sessions load and run much faster.

Just found a couple of Signals that have wandered away from their tracks and not attached to anything
    Can move and delete them so no big problem for me
    Must have happened last night while working on track in this area
    Have tried but can't replicate it

CFI A1120 Pharaoh Evo
    Intel Core I7 8700k
    Win10 64bit
    ASRock Fatility Z370 Gaming K6
    Nvidia GTX 1080ti 32gb 3200

Regarding the problem with cab controls I first mentioned here https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...89#post1843589

With the latest patches I can now mouse over all the cab controls and they are getting detected as expected. However, it appears all the switches and buttons in the cab are now constantly calling the UserSetControl(...) method in the train's cab script even though they are not being activated by the user.

Brendan