TRS19 SP3 Beta 111831

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
This update fixes the freeze reported by Roy. The fix involves a change to ground editing so we encourage testers to explore the various tools that affect terrain (including bulk replace, merge etc).

Consider interactions with effect layers, track, scenery, minimap, etc. Be on the lookout for assertions, crashes, or deadlocks and report here and using Trainz Bug Report.

Very cool! Backing up my UserData folder now ahead of installing this welcome update.
Took much longer to back up those User Data files and folders than it did to download and install the 20MB patch, check for integrity (23 seconds) and pre-cache assets in TrainzUtil (3 minutes).
All my user preferences and Trainz settings were retained. Unlike the previous beta build, this one displayed the Main Menu very quickly upon restart.
Looks great so far - so I'm off to break what I can...

Last edited:
freeze fixed!

Dear Tony,QA team,
This morning i installed 111831 without a problem.
Itested the smooth terrain on the canal aand did not see ANY hickup or freeze so far.
Fiddled with track,roads andd terrain on different places and all weent well and very responsive overall.
Also Noticed the redraw is behaving much better not very fast but way better than beforee. Yes my route Calgary is loaded with splines for obvious reeasons.
Well done, looks like a very good update #111831 from what I experienced this short time usage!

Roy

This update fixes the freeze reported by Roy. The fix involves a change to ground editing so we encourage testers to explore the various tools that affect terrain (including bulk replace, merge etc).

Consider interactions with effect layers, track, scenery, minimap, etc. Be on the lookout for assertions, crashes, or deadlocks and report here and using Trainz Bug Report.

Last edited:
So far this version appears to work okay with digging and raising the terrain.

I did notice something regarding the redrawing, which is related to the position of the user-view when removing a spline such as tracks or roads.

If the track spline, for instance is directly in front of the user's view, then the spline deletes and there is no refresh. If the spline is offset from the user's view, there is a redrawing of the surrounding splines with a delay as well between clicking and being ready to proceed. The distance is very short, perhaps, 5 or 10 meters.

Last edited:
There's an issue in Driver mode: when you click on driver icon, the game freezes indefinitely. I saw this happen to others, too. Rebuild did not help. Should I submit a bug report on this, or is this a normal situation for beta? Or maybe it's a known issue and I should assume this bug will just disappear in the final release.

There's an issue in Driver mode: when you click on driver icon, the game freezes indefinitely. I saw this happen to others, too. Rebuild did not help. Should I submit a bug report on this, or is this a normal situation for beta? Or maybe it's a known issue and I should assume this bug will just disappear in the final release.

If you are frozen like that it could be there's an Assertion error message. These are error breakpoints that will come up if there's a problem to be reported. Check your task bar, press ALT+Enter, if you are running full-screen. If you have one of these errors, screen capture it and send in a bug report here:

https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Yes you should report this if you are getting a freeze anyway. Supply as much detail as you can and even use Problem Steps recorder to provide a report if necessary.

Last edited:
Still having crashes to desktop when trying to delete green highlighted tracks. Also, my TRC triggers aren't seeing my crossing signals...

Sanek17 - Was that after using TrainzUtil to precache your installed assets using the command 'prebuild'?
Be aware that the first run of any session will take longer initially whilst the program refreshes the shaders.
After that, you'll find that routes and sessions load and run much faster.

Just found a couple of Signals that have wandered away from their tracks and not attached to anything
Can move and delete them so no big problem for me
Must have happened last night while working on track in this area
Have tried but can't replicate it

Just found a couple of Signals that have wandered away from their tracks and not attached to anything
Can move and delete them so no big problem for me
Must have happened last night while working on track in this area
Have tried but can't replicate it

Run the delete missing assets and that will fix that. It's been reported during SP2, but nothing done about it. I was told it was a problem with my route and nowhere else at the time, but apparently it's not just my route.

Portals still!

- <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : File portaltunnel.gs, Line -1, ER_NativeCallError
; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : Script class: PortalTunnel
; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : MeshObject: <kuid2:30501:22006:5> "Portal Basic"
; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : Script callstack
; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : function $int@GameObject::GetId(), line -1
; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : function $void@PortalTunnel::EmitTrain(Soup), line 577
; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : function $void@PortalTunnel::CheckEmitTrains(), line 952
; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : function $void@PortalTunnel::ThreadEmitTrains(), line 931

Train is derailed too exiting from the portal. My portals are setup as enter and exit only

Really not happy with the coupling commands in this latest build. I've never been a fan of the built in versions as the loco approaches the stock far too fast and shoves the stock a few yards down the the track. In this latest build that distance is doubled!
I have used coupling commands by atilbarut since 2006 and apart from a few problems it has been very successful. But not now. The stock is moved even at 2 mile an hour which is just not prototypical. I have also tried it after applying the handbrake on the consist but it still moves. Not good when coupling to passenger stock in the platform whilst passengers are loading. A few insurance claims for broken ankles.
It's about time, after 15 years, something could be done about this please.

Peter

Run the delete missing assets and that will fix that. It's been reported during SP2, but nothing done about it. I was told it was a problem with my route and nowhere else at the time, but apparently it's not just my route.

John,

It's not just you. Any route in which I move/modify track position, and 'Track Asset [Signals, markers, etc]' does not always move with it. I have to manually move them back into place. Not that this is a huge pain, but it is absolutely noticeable.

Regards,

R-

Back