TRS19 SP3 Beta 111831

Really not happy with the coupling commands in this latest build. I've never been a fan of the built in versions as the loco approaches the stock far too fast and shoves the stock a few yards down the the track. In this latest build that distance is doubled!
I have used coupling commands by atilbarut since 2006 and apart from a few problems it has been very successful. But not now. The stock is moved even at 2 mile an hour which is just not prototypical. I have also tried it after applying the handbrake on the consist but it still moves. Not good when coupling to passenger stock in the platform whilst passengers are loading. A few insurance claims for broken ankles.
It's about time, after 15 years, something could be done about this please.

Peter

Glad to see this, I thought it was just me. The coupling commands and couplings in general are causing a quite unrealistic with the amount of slack action that takes place. (For North America at least, as the physics seem to be tailored to buffers)

Using View Details within a cab doesn't work, but externally it works fine. Does anyone else have this issue?

If you are talking about Viewing the details of Navigation and/or driver instructions in sessions that have them, then YES. These are working for me in Cab View in Build 111831.
Example KSC 2 - Highland Limited. Once the camera view exits from the scripted pan and control is handed over to the user, then if I go into Cab View mode, the session's Nav Display instructions/ icons are visible from within the cab and I can click on them to reveal the details.
On the other hand, the Right-click View Details... (menu item) Does NOT work in Cab View. Think it is this to which you must be referring. Did that ever work in Cab mode though? I cannot recall being able to use it there before.
Just tested in T:ANE. Right click, View Details... is not available in Cab mode either.
On the other, other hand, Bet you that you can view the details (of the current loco) from G.M.'s beaut little Set_Driver_Conditions_Rule from within cab view. He added that functionality recently.
Edit Update: Yup - just tested this. It DOES work in Cab mode using G.M.'s wee helper!

Last edited:
If you are talking about Viewing the details of Navigation and/or driver instructions in sessions that have them, then YES. These are working for me in Cab View in Build 111831.
Example KSC 2 - Highland Limited. Once the camera view exits from the scripted pan and control is handed over to the user, then if I go into Cab View mode, the session's Nav Display instructions/ icons are visible from within the cab and I can click on them to reveal the details.
On the other hand, the Right-click View Details... (menu item) Does NOT work in Cab View. Think it is this to which you must be referring. Did that ever work in Cab mode though? I cannot recall being able to use it there before.
Just tested in T:ANE. Right click, View Details... is not available in Cab mode either.
On the other, other hand, Bet you that you can view the details (of the current loco) from G.M.'s beaut little Set_Driver_Conditions_Rule from within cab view. He added that functionality recently.
Edit Update: Yup - just tested this. It DOES work in Cab mode using G.M.'s wee helper!

Thanks, PC_Ace.

Yes, this is the right-click while in the cab. It works fine in build 111491, but not in the beta because I do use it there. It's a bit tricky sometimes to initiate, but it does work where I use it to set options for the locomotive I'm in such as opening windows, doors, turn on lights, etc.

I agree that G.M's nifty add-on is awesome. I use that in the full release, but not the beta version because I check things bog standard based on my production build, but without anything new. Other than updated assets, I don't download or install anything else in there in order to avoid introducing issues.

Regarding the right-click view-details while in the cab, I'm going to bug report that.

How do I opt out of beta updates, each day I get nagged about an update and it is the beta which I do not wish to mess with. Checked the trainz settings, didn't see anything.

Thanks

How do I opt out of beta updates, each day I get nagged about an update and it is the beta which I do not wish to mess with. Checked the trainz settings, didn't see anything.

Thanks

Check for updates > "Remind me next week".

The current build is a Release candidate and so far no showstoppers have been reported, so updating now to the RC would also eliminate further notifications.

See that is the problem, you will always be reminded either today, tomorrow or next week, you cannot disable beta updates. I beta updated a different program and it had problems, couldn't go backward and had to wait for the fixes, don't want to fall into that again.

Back