Have you gotten your vaccine shot?

Please keep your political opinions out of this thread or it will be closed. The purpose of this thread has always been to share personal experiences with the shots. If you want to discuss politics and news items, please start your own thread.

William

Please keep your political opinions out of this thread or it will be closed. The purpose of this thread has always been to share personal experiences with the shots. If you want to discuss politics and news items, please start your own thread

I respectfully disagree. This thread asks the question "Have you gotten your vaccine shot?". Are we only interested in those who have? Are we not interested in hearing from those who have not? If so then that in itself is a very political viewpoint. Part of sharing the "personal experiences with the shots" is looking at the forces at work that can persuade and dissuade.

Your post #109 could be considered political ...

The vaccine is free here in Alabama as it is in the entire USA. However, the antibody test is not paid for by the government at this time. It might be covered by some private insurance coverage plans but not the one I have at the moment.

I know that the government paying for services to make them available to everyone can be a hot political topic in the USA. I am sure that there are many in the US who could not afford the $38 for such a test, especially in large families. Do they not also deserve the "peace of mind" that you mentioned in your post?

My post #120 that immediately preceded your admonishment was intended to counter the impression from an earlier post that only the UK suffers from politicians that see short term political benefit from pushing a particular pandemic strategy, often by ignoring the best medical and/or scientific advice.

Likewise my post #108 talked about the fallacy of "natural immunity" and #112 was about the failure of "herd immunity" where the evidence shows one country now has 100% of its population infected, some multiple times.

But, if all that is political, then I stand corrected and will refrain from making any further posts in this thread.

The title of this thread simply ask a question. It doesn't assume what the answer should be or should not be. If the title was "Have you had your vaccine shot yet?" then it would assume that getting the shot was the proper action to take. Several responses were in fact negative often with a reason such as "not available yet here" or "I don't meet the eligibility requirements"

The federal government in April 2020 passed a law that provided anyone whose private insurance did not cover the cost of testing and or treatment would have the cost of testing and treatment covered by the federal government. When the vaccines were ready, this policy was extended to cover the cost of the vaccines. It has not yet been extended to cover the cost of antibody testing. My statement was simply one of fact and not intended to convey any political opinion. I assumed that it will soon be covered at some point as monoclonal antibodies seem to show promise as an effective treatment of SARS 2 and it would be useful to identify people that have high levels of antibodies such as myself so that they can choose to donate plasma as I did yesterday. In the meantime, anyone donating blood will receive the antibody test results for free as all blood donations are being tested according to the nice lady that drew mine at the American Red Cross office.

Last edited:
My wife got the Moderna booster shot almost 2 weeks ago. Within the last 4 days, she has severe hip and leg pain, including sharp muscle spasms. She can't sleep through the night and has difficulty walking. She did not have those symptoms before.

Booster Jab just over a Week ago, first two were Astrazeneca, booster was Pfizer, what was weird was I was one of two there for jabs at the vaccination centre at that time, usually there's a long queue, odd as it's run by the local GP Surgeries so would be arranged by them.

The arrival of new COVID variants such as Omicron, all of which were predicted, could force annual booster shots like the current flu shots to become normal. My first booster is due in January. My two initial shots were AZ but I am not certain what the booster or boosters will be.

In some places the term "fully vaccinated" now refers to those who have had their booster shots.

My wife got the Moderna booster shot almost 2 weeks ago. Within the last 4 days, she has severe hip and leg pain, including sharp muscle spasms. She can't sleep through the night and has difficulty walking. She did not have those symptoms before.

That doesn't sound good. I hope she gets better.

My oldest brother and his wife got the Moderna booster and they didn't report any problems. I still haven't gotten the booster.
My older sister has gotten the Moderna booster too, with no reported problems.

I got the Johnson & Johnson booster shot two weeks ago. My arm at the injection site hurt longer than the first time and I had several restless nights of tossing and turning. Normally I sleep pretty well.

Evening Folks,

So here's the story about my injection, I'm over 65,

Moderna was my choice, 1st one, I almost past out in the first 5 mins, then had headaches and generally tired, for 3 days, Second shot a month or so later, 5 days of headaches, and on next day after that shot, Neck and Tongue swelled to the point, I almost had to goto emergency......It was close.....But definitely a bad reaction.

Booster Shot, no issues, and just slight headache for one day.......No big deal....

Mr's Blue just a bit tired on 1st Shot, no headaches.....!

Now several of my Male Friends I know, got sick, flue like symptoms, from several days, to week and half, some had to stay in bed they were so sick......One of their Wife's didn't have good health, and was sick for 2 weeks after the first shot, I believe it was Moderna....She is OK, now, but her other health issues will be for life, not in any way Covid Related.

Now the reasons for getting Vaccinated: Past Health concerns,

Back when I was 30, I had a Bacterial Heart Sac infection, that landed me for 2 weeks in Hospital, and it came back again 1-2 years later, as Doctors had warned me it could, lets just say, it feels like someone has their foot planted on your chest, and breathing is labored, you don't want it, any shape or form...!

Back in my early 50's I unfortunately came down with double Pneumonia, and almost left this Earth.....How did I get a Cold and 2 days later go into full Pneumonia, I haven't a clue, but Lungs are scared from it, permanently, but I don't let it hold me down......I do my very best to eat healthy and exorcise too.....

Pretty sure everyone knows, that Covid hits the Heart and Lungs, and pretty much the whole body, so in my thoughts, I don't think I better gamble with this Bad Boy.......I think the Anti is on Mr Covid's side.

That is the reason I took both shots, and a Booster..........

I am a realist, I know nothing is 100% and I could still get Covid or worse.

Nothing is ever an easy choice in this Chaotic World, and we all just try to do our best......

And with that, I say a Prayer for all, that the future will look a little brighter.......And for those that have Covid to ease their pain and return back to good health, that my friends is the one wish for Christmas.......

Evening Folks,

Moderna was my choice, 1st one, I almost past out in the first 5 mins, then had headaches and generally tired, for 3 days, Second shot a month or so later, 5 days of headaches, and on next day after that shot, Neck and Tongue swelled to the point, I almost had to goto emergency......It was close.....But definitely a bad reaction.

Booster Shot, no issues, and just slight headache for one day.......No big deal....

Thanks for sharing your history and recent symptoms you've been through. It seems most people get through the 1st two shots OK ( without anything REALLY major happening) but then have a more severe reaction to the booster....as what I stated my wife is going through. In your case, you had a severe reaction right away. I've heard of this happening with others too......some where the shot itself put them in the emergency room...and even in the morgue in rare cases. Glad you made it through !

And with that, I say a Prayer for all, that the future will look a little brighter.......And for those that have Covid to ease their pain and return back to good health, that my friends is the one wish for Christmas.......

Prayers for all to have a brighter future from me too. Wishing everyone a safe, healthy, and Merry Christmas !

You can get reactive arthritis after a Covid infection and since the vaccine primes your immune system, it's always possible that a booster could also cause the same symptoms . When millions of people get a vaccine some are bound to get complications , its almost impossible to create any medical procedure, drug or vaccine that is going to work for everyone , given the complexities of our dna , I knew one woman who had a singles vaccination that made her pretty ill for many months, everyone else I know who had it never had any issues. It's also possible symptoms after being vaccinated may have nothing to do with vaccination , but it's just coincidence , one thing to keep in mind is Covid itself seems to leave many long term symptoms which are often much worse than the vaccination side effects.

So I got two Moderna vaccines, first in March the second in July. Aside from a little local soreness, no bad signs or symptoms, nothing, nada, And what does that mean, also nothing, nada. The plural of anecdote is not data.

Last edited:
You can get reactive arthritis after a Covid infection and since the vaccine primes your immune system, it's always possible that a booster could also cause the same symptoms . When millions of people get a vaccine some are bound to get complications , its almost impossible to create any medical procedure, drug or vaccine that is going to work for everyone , given the complexities of our DNA , I knew one woman who had a singles vaccination that made her pretty ill for many months, everyone else I know who had it never had any issues. It's also possible symptoms after being vaccinated may have nothing to do with vaccination , but it's just coincidence , one thing to keep in mind is Covid itself seems to leave many long term symptoms which are often much worse than the vaccination side effects.

Even Sir Dan Gavel,

"one thing to keep in mind is Covid itself seems to leave many long term symptoms which are often much worse than the vaccination side effects"

That was another reason I took my shots, as I have read too, the part about Covid leaving Long Term symptoms......:( Covid is one terrible Sickness to get, another to try and recover......

@ JimDep

Thanks for kind words, and to you and yours as well.........;)

You can get reactive arthritis after a Covid infection and since the vaccine primes your immune system, it's always possible that a booster could also cause the same symptoms . When millions of people get a vaccine some are bound to get complications , its almost impossible to create any medical procedure, drug or vaccine that is going to work for everyone , given the complexities of our dna , I knew one woman who had a singles vaccination that made her pretty ill for many months, everyone else I know who had it never had any issues. It's also possible symptoms after being vaccinated may have nothing to do with vaccination , but it's just coincidence , one thing to keep in mind is Covid itself seems to leave many long term symptoms which are often much worse than the vaccination side effects.

Research being done here in NZ has shown that if you've had problems with ME/CFS at any time in the past the COVID vaccination will cause it to flare up again. I came down with ME/CFS some years ago, but it had quietened down and didn't really bother me much. After getting my COVID vaccination it all came back and I'm still having problems some months later. I'm still going to get my booster jab though because it's better than being dead.

Last edited:
Interestingly, my arthritis in my fingers seemed to get a little better after the first inoculation but was just about the same after the booster. Of course, the weather affects it a lot. Cold and rainy here now versus the springtime of 6 months ago.

wreeder;1898941Of course said:
You probably wouldn't care for the weather up in NY state much. A bit of snow, some wind, and pretty cold, which is normal for this time of year. Highs are just above freezing.
There is some humidity too, but not very humid compared to Alabama standards.:eek:

My partner and I have just received our 1st booster shots, 5 months after the 2nd vaccine shot. This time it was Pfizer while the 2 initial jabs were Astra Zenica.

Interesting to see what the next few months produce - will a second booster become a requirement (and a third) or will it become part of the annual flu shots we receive?

I read recently that Pfizer will be releasing an Omicron specific vaccine in about a months time - will it become a necessity?

The old Chinese curse comes to mind - "May you live in interesting times".

Last edited:
Back