Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you gotten your vaccine shot?

Blog Entries

No........
    Toujours Prêt!

Im not of the age of 16 yet, so i wont be getting a shot, my dad got it and he was a bit tired that night, but that was all. my grandparents got their shots and hopefully we will be all in the good zone for around Easter, maybe, just maybe...
    "The Dutch Line"

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by johnwhelan View Post
    I'm not sure if this thread is to nudge people into getting vaccinated or to highlight those countries that are dependent on others for the vaccine? For example I note Italy has blocked vaccine going to Australia, and the US has by my understanding blocked exports of the vaccine. There is some debate about the UK not blocking exports, apparently it just hasn't exported any yet.

Cheerio John
    Actually neither is the reason for the thread, just curious about what is happening around the world. I have always been fascinated by the logistics of how large scale operations are carried out and sadly I have found that the facts as reported by the people in charge does not always match the reality on the ground. It has been a very scary time and hearing directly of other people's experiences is comforting to me and I hope to others. I believe very strongly that decisions about one's health and well being should be a personal matter and I seek not to influence anyone one way or the other.

William

We don't have coronavirus here.

Quote Originally Posted by MRLK View Post
    We don't have coronavirus here.
    Ha, I'm so envious of New Zealand! Though I assume you will have a vaccination programme?

I had my appointment for Monday at a chemist in South London. Turned up and it was closed! Apparently no supplies had been delivered. I'm trying again on Saturday. Fingers crossed!

Paul

Wife and I are 78 and 76. Got our first Pfizer shot the 3rd of the month. Will get our second on the 24th. Slight dizziness next day, and very tired. Persistent dry cough that comes and goes.

Bill
    Bill (USN, Retired) Into computers over 58 years - Trainzer since: 2003
    ID: 202442
    T:ANE (SP4) OR TRS2019 (111951)

Blog Entries

Just made my appointment for this coming Tuesday.
    i5 8600k 4.4 GHZ-ASUS ROG STRIX Z370E-MSI GTX 1070ti
    16GB DDR4 2666-Samsung EVO 850 1TB SSD
    US Army 1978-84

United States of America, New York, Allegany
    Blog Entries

No, I don't plan to. If I were still working with the public, I would. For now, given my secluded life, other than wearing a mask an hour at Church every Sunday, I'll pass.
    T:ANE Standard SP2 to SP3
    TRS 2012 build 61388

Received my first Moderna injection more than a week ago. Due for the second injection on Apr 7th. I'm in the 65+ age group. I registered on a county health department website and got the first shot within a week.

I was happy that the vaccines had been in circulation for a couple of months before it was my turn. I hadn't heard of any major problems, so my initial worries about side effects were by then diminished.

Personally, I'm not at much risk as I'm fairly reclusive. It would have been better if my younger sister, who is still working would have gotten the vaccination. I wish that risk levels would have been the determining factor in getting a vaccination, but I suppose that would have been a nightmare to administer.
    Dave

Idaho is open to 55-64 "with at least one medical condition", and on the 22nd will open to 55-64 general population. On the 29th will open to 45-54 "with at least one medical condition". The catch here is that your medical records are private, so you don't need any proof you have a medical condition. Theoretically anyone who feels they are at risk enough to get a shot could just go in and say they have a medical condition. My wife and I have ours already because we are over 65, our adult kids won't be able to get one until late April.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Got the AZ vaccine yesterday - very efficient at the vaccination centre, in and out in 5 minutes! Have had low-level 'flu-like symptoms, tiredness and headache, hoping it will abate over the next 24 hours.

Paul

United States of America, WYOMING, Sheridan

I posted a few days ago about my experience with the 1st Moderna shot. No big deal, 24 hours later I suddenly have swelling, little pain, and redness. Yesterday I got the second shot and 24 hours later it is kicking my butt. Body and joint aches, fever, chills, nausea and headache. I should also mention that I had covid last October so that may play a part also.

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WYO View Post
    I posted a few days ago about my experience with the 1st Moderna shot. No big deal, 24 hours later I suddenly have swelling, little pain, and redness. Yesterday I got the second shot and 24 hours later it is kicking my butt. Body and joint aches, fever, chills, nausea and headache. I should also mention that I had covid last October so that may play a part also.
    Try taking a Tylenol. It should help with the effects of the 2nd shot, according to my doctor.
    Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.

Australia, South Australia, Christie Downs

My state has made the shots available for over 70. I got a letter from my clinic to say they can give it.
    Will be seeing the doc in a week for my 3 monthly checkup.
    Cheers,
    Mike

Our vaccine roll-out has just started here in NZ and all adult residents are eligible for a free jab. NZ is also supplying COVID-19 vaccinations to neighbouring Pacific island nations.
    All of our frontline & health-workers have been inoculated so far, (Groups 1 and 2) with the roll-out now extended to the elderly and infirmed/vulnerable in the third round, with all other 4.25m citizens from May onwards.
    Eventually, children will be routinely vaccinated for Coronavirus SAR variants once the most effective and safe options for young people are identified and approved.
    Vaccination (2 doses spaced a week or two apart of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine) is free and voluntary, but strongly encouraged by our health authorities and community leaders. Our national strategy (of elimination, rather than management) has proven to be very effective, so we want to achieve herd immunity to COVID-19 rapidly before further mutations and variants evolve to render current vaccinations inoperative.
    There is currently no community spread in New Zealand, but a few new cases arrive weekly at our borders and are detected at our managed isolation and quarantine facilities reflecting the widespread pandemic still abroad, and those infected travellers remain in isolation and receive treatment until they're safe to return to the community.
    Last edited by PC_Ace; April 2nd, 2021 at 03:57 AM.