Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Have you gotten your vaccine shot?

United States of America, Tennessee, Chattanooga
    Blog Entries

I am fully vaccinated after getting my first covid vaccine on August 5 and my second on August 26
    - Micah

Quote Originally Posted by dangavel View Post
    You can get reactive arthritis after a Covid infection and since the vaccine primes your immune system, it's always possible that a booster could also cause the same symptoms . When millions of people get a vaccine some are bound to get complications , its almost impossible to create any medical procedure, drug or vaccine that is going to work for everyone , given the complexities of our dna , I knew one woman who had a singles vaccination that made her pretty ill for many months, everyone else I know who had it never had any issues. It's also possible symptoms after being vaccinated may have nothing to do with vaccination , but it's just coincidence , one thing to keep in mind is Covid itself seems to leave many long term symptoms which are often much worse than the vaccination side effects.
    Research being done here in NZ has shown that if you've had problems with ME/CFS at any time in the past the COVID vaccination will cause it to flare up again. I came down with ME/CFS some years ago, but it had quietened down and didn't really bother me much. After getting my COVID vaccination it all came back and I'm still having problems some months later. I'm still going to get my booster jab though because it's better than being dead.
    Last edited by KotangaGirl; November 29th, 2021 at 01:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

Interestingly, my arthritis in my fingers seemed to get a little better after the first inoculation but was just about the same after the booster. Of course, the weather affects it a lot. Cold and rainy here now versus the springtime of 6 months ago.

United States of America, New York, Allegany
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=wreeder;1898941Of course, the weather affects it a lot. Cold and rainy here now versus the springtime of 6 months ago.[/QUOTE]

You probably wouldn't care for the weather up in NY state much. A bit of snow, some wind, and pretty cold, which is normal for this time of year. Highs are just above freezing.
    There is some humidity too, but not very humid compared to Alabama standards.
    T:ANE Standard SP2 to SP3
    TRS 2012 build 61388

Blog Entries

My partner and I have just received our 1st booster shots, 5 months after the 2nd vaccine shot. This time it was Pfizer while the 2 initial jabs were Astra Zenica.

Interesting to see what the next few months produce - will a second booster become a requirement (and a third) or will it become part of the annual flu shots we receive?

I read recently that Pfizer will be releasing an Omicron specific vaccine in about a months time - will it become a necessity?

The old Chinese curse comes to mind - "May you live in interesting times".
    Last edited by pware; January 14th, 2022 at 04:10 AM. Reason: grammar
    Trainz Plus 114800, Win 10, 16GB, RTX 3060Ti
    Trainz Plus 115628, Win 10, 8GB, GTX 1050Ti