Have you gotten your vaccine shot?

Please limit your comments to your personal experiences. This thread will be closed if it turns into a political debate. We all have opinions about this subject but this thread is about sharing our experiences in the spirit of our community and not venting our anger.

William

I had my 2nd dose at Crystal Palace FC. Apparently the inoculation team's shots are on target pretty much 100%, which is a much better return than the football team's ;)

Anyway, jabbed at 2pm, bell ringing at 8pm, so fair to say, for me, much less reaction to the 2nd jab than the 1st.

My wife and I now have had both doses of the vaccine. it was adminstered at the offices of the regional water company, which has turned over pretty much the whole ground floor (For those in the US - the first floor) to the operation. Back at the beginning of March most of the staff were military medical personnel with a few paramedics and firefighters in the crew. When it came to the second shot most of the staff now appear to be civilian NHS (National health Service) personnel with a few St Johns Ambulance personnel and a couple of firefighters. My wife was given her shot by a fireman, which made her day.

Both times I merely had a small patch which was sore, but then I have had literally dozens of shots over the years as part of my seagoing career. My wife felt "odd" for a couple of days each time, with both a sore arm and a low level headache.

With 77% of the UK adult population now having the first shot and 54% of the population having a second the vaccination program management will probably now be planning the rundown of the vaccination centres.
No decision yet on whether there will be a booster third shot, who it would be adminstered to if they decide to proceed with it, when they'd get it or where.

I just received my first shot.

Now to wait for all the horrifying side effects, in a few weeks conclude that absolutely nothing has happend (just as with the other 10+ vaccinations I have received over the last 4 decades) and get my 2nd shot in 5 weeks. Looking forward to it, as with this one I didn't even notice the sting of the needle.

Wife and myself had first astra Zeneca doses on wed,so far , no side effects. So far I know one person with multiple existing health issues who felt very unwell after shot, but now she's had both and is fine , my sister in law felt mildly nauseaous for a few hours, in laws wife had a headache for a day,,one guy had a sore arm, but overall everyone's still here. This includes a number of people with a lot of existing health issues and most are overweight , one of the risk factors if you do contract covid.

Had my first dose of Pfizer earlier today - although the injection was just a ever so slight sting, I'm.. something of a wuss when it comes to needles, and while waiting the 15 minutes after for observation I started feeling faint and perspired heavily. It seems it wasn't a reaction to the vaccine however, but just shock from the needle itself, as I tend to have those exact symptoms after having any kind of injection, from blood extraction to vaccines. (And judging by others also just vaccinated sitting down near me, including one woman who was shaking and eating glucose lollies, I wasn't alone feeling that way!).

20 or so minutes later I started feeling much better (having a sugary drink on hand helped a lot), and half an hour or so later I felt pretty much normal with no further symptoms, other than naturally slight tenderness on my arm around the injection point (the nursing staff at the vaccination centre naturally were very careful about allowing me to leave, only after they were satisfied that it wasn't a reaction/allergy to the vaccine). So I'm just waiting now for tomorrow to see if the real fun begins, although I have paracetemol and ibruprofen at hand if needed, and am booked in for my second dose next month. :)

Given that a close friend of mine in the US recently came down with COVID (after refusing to take the vaccine to boot) and ended up in the hospital on oxygen for the better part of a month, and even now after recovering still finds himself short of breath at times, the pain/symptoms of the vaccine are nothing compared to this monster. So I look on it as doing my part to help save the world (and protect not just myself but others too). :)

Yes I know that last sentence was a touch hyperbolic, but I still feel philosphical about being a part of helping to end this pandemic, especially after so much life has been lost already.

Last edited:
Received my first shot of Pfizer vaccine today - along with my entire (adult-age) family, so now our domestic 'bubble' is done. 2nd shot already booked for next month.
None of us have experienced any side-effects following the treatment so far.
Vaccination programme ramping up here in New Zealand at last, with a good percentage of the population now completed - or finally eligible for - their Covid-19 vaccinations.

I had my first Pfizer jab done on Friday and it knocked me for six for a day or three with 'flu like symptoms, but I expected that with my less than best immune system.

My partner and I had our second AstraZenica shots two days ago. No after effects and looking forward to the peace of mind that will come in a few weeks when full protection kicks in.

I urge all to follow suit but Trainzers, being smarter than most, should not need any encouragement.

I had my second jab today. My arm is a bit sore and I guess I'm going to be sleepy again for the next few days, but it's a real relief to have had it done.

I had my doses back in January and February 2021. I got the Moderna vaccine here in New Jersey, USA. The second shot put me out for a day with a fever, chills and aches, but I bounced right back the day after. :) It was definitely good for me mentally as well as physically, that's for sure!

I just got my first dose of vaccine five days ago. I don't know if it's because I used to be a soldier, I didn't feel much and had no side effects. But I just became more hungry after the injection...lol

Hi pware and Trainz members,
Just a personal note, thanks for reminding about the second shot of AstraZeneca vaccine booked and due shortly.
Being over 60 years of age it's the AstraZeneca shot for myself.
At the time of writing this note the virus is rapidly spreading around Australia so stick to the lockout rules and stay safe everyone.
Happy Trainzspotting
Mike Davies

Yeah, we were just starting to open back up here in Idaho and it really felt great. Then the Delta variant hit, and we are back to higher numbers again. This time in the younger folks who thought they could get by without the vaccine.

I'm 65 and my second Moderna shot was in April. I have moderate allergies and spent the next two days resting. Things were nearly back to normal on the third day for me.

Was booked to get my 2nd dose of the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccination tomorrow morning, but a single community case in Auckland, New Zealand, has sent the entire country into the highest level of 'Lockdown' (Level 4) from 11:59pm NZT tonight for a period of 3 to 7 days.
Vaccinations have been deferred for 48 hours whilst the health authorities work out ways to administer the vaccines safely and efficiently under lockdown conditions.
NZ has a history of 'going hard and early' instead of 'light and (too) late' in its up-until-now successful efforts to eliminate the virus from our community. It's been an entire year since our last similar lockdown, which lasted just a few days and allowed us to enjoy many freedoms - including rock concerts and massive crowds at events like our national obsession with rugby union football up until tonight.
So, we'll do it all again - and hopefully stop this outbreak in its tracks as soon as practicable.
Staying at home is easy for introverts like me, who already works from home, and prefers online entertainment (like Trainz) when I'm not out monitoring kiwi in the nearby mountain range, or growing native trees in my nursery down there.

Last edited:
Back