Have you gotten your vaccine shot?

Just got the Moderna jab. So far feeling tired and sore muscles.

I had to get the shot if I ever have hope to return to the Philippines one day.

Dave

Been nearly 3 weeks since my second shot of the AstraZeneca stuff. After the first I was like death warmed up for 2 days, freezing cold & not 100%. I was apprehensive of the 2nd shot but all went well with no problems & you would never notice that I had one. Fingers crossed now all will be well.

Gam :D

Me: 58. 2 shots over the last month, Pfizer, Kaiser Permanente, Hillsboro, Oregon, no symptoms, no reactions

Parents: In their early 90s, 2 Pfizer shots a month before me. Pacific University, Forest Grove, Or, drive-up shots, no symptoms, no reactions

Niece, and 2 nephews, 28, 25 and 21, all have Pfizer shots. Portland Oregon, Pharmacy shots, no symptoms, no reactions

Sister and husband. 50 and 52, Both Pfizer Shots, West L.A, California, Pharmacy, no symptoms, no reactions

Rico

Well! Have been on the waiting list for a month (I am Category A1 - Oldtimer, diabetis etc).
Now they are offering it to 16 years and older - go figure!
I guess that what comes from living in the Aussie countryside - here one day - forgotten the next!

Sorry to hear this butler. Here in UK I've been offered my second jab for 2nd June. Not a moment too soon with this Indian variant! Hope you get sorted out in Qld.

Paul

Good morning,

i (34) had my first shot on 08th of May, the second one is planned for 19th of June, got the BioNtech/Pfizer, no symptoms :)

My wife and I had our first Covid Vaccination shot 2 days ago in Redcliffe, Queensland. I'm 82 and my wife is 72 and it was a breeze - No after effects whatsoever. Our 2nd shot comes in August. Fortunately Queensland has a very strict border control and the number of active cases are relatively small. So it's a nice climate year round and a great place to live.
Cheers, Roy

We've both had our secondA-Z vaccinations - the second with less problems than the first, and we've now passed the 10 day period for maximum effectiveness.

Unfortunately, it seems as if there's a surge of variant Delta in our area of the UK - so we're all being asked to go to a "surge testing" centre.

Fortunately, the NHS (England) is providing these tests, so there's no financial disincentive.
Just shows how quickly circumstances can change - the infection rate has doubled from 30/100000 to 60 /100000 in a week.

Stay safe everyone,

Colin

Me and the wife had our second Moderna shot Sunday. At fist it was just like the first one, sore arm, light headed, and minor body aches the day of the shot. Monday came and I woke up to the same but no light headedness, but that soon changed. You may know I drive a front discharge concrete mixer and by 1 PM I was lucky to make it back to the plant without killing anybody. I first experienced the light headedness followed by loss of peripheral vision then tunnel vision followed by a loss of concentration then losing depth perception all the while feeling as though I was floating outside my body. Once back at the plant they won't let me near the truck to wash it out and the company had to call an Uber to take me home. I'm the type of person than never has adverse reactions to medication but these one has scared the hell out of me.

Day 2 as I write this from home I'm feeling better after sleeping 14 hours so hopefully I can return to work tomorrow. Many of the guys at work were suspicious of the shot and now after seeing what it did to me they vowed never to get the shot now.

Dave

My partner and I got our first AstraZenica shots 3 weeks ago. She had a sore arm for a day, I had "flu like" symptoms (chills, headache, lethargy) for a day and I rarely ever experience "flu like" symptoms. Our second shots are due in 9 weeks.

Like our cousins New Zealand just across "the ditch" from us, we have been incredibly successful at keeping the virus out. Both countries being islands with no land borders helps but shutting the borders to all arrivals also helped. Our borders are still shut with only citizens and permanent residents allowed in, and they have a 2 week hotel quarantine with many tests, all at their expense, to sit through before getting out. There have been a few small outbreaks, all from those in quarantine, but so far they have all been contained.

Where we have fallen down is in the distribution of the vaccines. It has been slow, inefficient and riddled (in my view) with political incompetence. No doubt there will be some consequences in the national election due by March next year.

But, all things considered, we have lived up to our self imposed label of being "the lucky country".

Peter

But, all things considered, we have lived up to our self imposed label of being "the lucky country".

You must be living under a rock if you think it has been the lucky country or you'd know what both regional victoria and melbourne has had to endure in our now 4th lockdown and the first lockdown we endured because of the nsw premier who sent thousands of business to the wall here on the border, Hopefully my roster remains the same and I can get vaccinated in a months time as it is the only time you can get in.
Mick.

Just about every other major country has had multiple nationwide lockdowns and those that have not are setting records for COVID infections and deaths. Name me a country that has not had businesses going to "the wall" in this pandemic. Some far worse than here.

Unfortunately there are those who believe that carrying on business as normal in a pandemic is more important than saving lives.

I certainly agree that your experiences in Victoria have been terrible and your COVID outbreaks have been far worse than anywhere else in the country. But lockdowns, in the absence of population immunity, are the only proven way to beat this pandemic, and the next one.

Compared to so many others, our low COVID infection rate, low death rate and the speed at which the contact tracers have kept the virus "under control", with the aid of lockdowns, have made us the "Lucky Country".

Where we should have done better is in managing the vaccine rollout. You should not have had to wait for a month to get the shot. I should not have had to wait until 3 weeks ago to get my first shot and another 12 weeks from then to get the second.

My opinions.

Believe me, I wish I was living in Australia at the moment, even Victoria! Britain is now being wracked by the 'delta variant' because we didn't close our borders with India in time (because our government was looking for a trade deal). Cases of infection are rapidly rising (because it's much more infectious) and it looks like we're on the cusp of a 'third wave'. We don't yet really know if the vaccine will protect against it (the view seems to be that you need both jabs to have any real protection.) So once again, I'm staying indoors, waiting for the magic three weeks after the second jab and hoping that it'll actually work back out in the real world.

What a time to be alive!

Paul

There has been a stupid woman that drove from Melbourne to Queensland and showed up positive. This was with Melbourne in lockdown due to an outbreak. There is now a big problem to find anybody that had contact with her along that long trip. I just wonder why someone would do that.
Cheers,
Mike

Now her husband, who was travelling with her (and he may have been the instigator of the trip) has also tested positive. But more importantly, the residents and businesses in the 4 or 5 towns where they stopped or stayed overnight in the 4 day trip are now at risk. This is what a local lockdown (e.g. in Melbourne) is designed to prevent happening - to protect residents, businesses and jobs in areas that have not been affected by the pandemic. As always, it is individuals who chose to ignore "the rules" who put us all at risk.

The only saving grace from this disaster is that the couple had the sense to use the QR identification system that is in place in businesses throughout the country to track their movements and where they stayed and visited. That gives hope that the damage, if any, can be contained.

For those who may not be aware, the QR ID system is in place in all restaurants, cafes, bars, supermarkets and (in some states) shopping malls, etc. When you enter you are required to use your smart phone and an app to scan the QR code at the door so your arrival date/time is recorded. When you depart you simply indicate on the app that you have left. The data is retained for up to 2 weeks (the virus incubation period). In normal times the civil libertarians would quite rightly have a fit over this but in this current situation they have not. The system has been successfully used to track down possible contacts of an infected person moving through a community.

Last edited:
Back