Have you gotten your vaccine shot?

Wife and I are 78 and 76. Got our first Pfizer shot the 3rd of the month. Will get our second on the 24th. Slight dizziness next day, and very tired. Persistent dry cough that comes and goes.

Bill

No, I don't plan to. If I were still working with the public, I would. For now, given my secluded life, other than wearing a mask an hour at Church every Sunday, I'll pass.

Received my first Moderna injection more than a week ago. Due for the second injection on Apr 7th. I'm in the 65+ age group. I registered on a county health department website and got the first shot within a week.

I was happy that the vaccines had been in circulation for a couple of months before it was my turn. I hadn't heard of any major problems, so my initial worries about side effects were by then diminished.

Personally, I'm not at much risk as I'm fairly reclusive. It would have been better if my younger sister, who is still working would have gotten the vaccination. I wish that risk levels would have been the determining factor in getting a vaccination, but I suppose that would have been a nightmare to administer.

Idaho is open to 55-64 "with at least one medical condition", and on the 22nd will open to 55-64 general population. On the 29th will open to 45-54 "with at least one medical condition". The catch here is that your medical records are private, so you don't need any proof you have a medical condition. Theoretically anyone who feels they are at risk enough to get a shot could just go in and say they have a medical condition. My wife and I have ours already because we are over 65, our adult kids won't be able to get one until late April.

Got the AZ vaccine yesterday - very efficient at the vaccination centre, in and out in 5 minutes! Have had low-level 'flu-like symptoms, tiredness and headache, hoping it will abate over the next 24 hours.

Paul

I posted a few days ago about my experience with the 1st Moderna shot. No big deal, 24 hours later I suddenly have swelling, little pain, and redness. Yesterday I got the second shot and 24 hours later it is kicking my butt. Body and joint aches, fever, chills, nausea and headache. I should also mention that I had covid last October so that may play a part also.

I posted a few days ago about my experience with the 1st Moderna shot. No big deal, 24 hours later I suddenly have swelling, little pain, and redness. Yesterday I got the second shot and 24 hours later it is kicking my butt. Body and joint aches, fever, chills, nausea and headache. I should also mention that I had covid last October so that may play a part also.

Try taking a Tylenol. It should help with the effects of the 2nd shot, according to my doctor.

My state has made the shots available for over 70. I got a letter from my clinic to say they can give it.
Will be seeing the doc in a week for my 3 monthly checkup.
Cheers,
Mike

Our vaccine roll-out has just started here in NZ and all adult residents are eligible for a free jab. NZ is also supplying COVID-19 vaccinations to neighbouring Pacific island nations.
All of our frontline & health-workers have been inoculated so far, (Groups 1 and 2) with the roll-out now extended to the elderly and infirmed/vulnerable in the third round, with all other 4.25m citizens from May onwards.
Eventually, children will be routinely vaccinated for Coronavirus SAR variants once the most effective and safe options for young people are identified and approved.
Vaccination (2 doses spaced a week or two apart of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine) is free and voluntary, but strongly encouraged by our health authorities and community leaders. Our national strategy (of elimination, rather than management) has proven to be very effective, so we want to achieve herd immunity to COVID-19 rapidly before further mutations and variants evolve to render current vaccinations inoperative.
There is currently no community spread in New Zealand, but a few new cases arrive weekly at our borders and are detected at our managed isolation and quarantine facilities reflecting the widespread pandemic still abroad, and those infected travellers remain in isolation and receive treatment until they're safe to return to the community.

Last edited:
Ok....Im going to be 70 this year,,,,

I had double Pneumonia 15 yrs ago, irregular heart beat, and Pericarditis when I was 30, almost died from Pneumonia and Pericarditis (Viral infection of Heart Sack) ....So with this kind of History and knowing that Covid likes to destroy Lungs and Heart for starters, I think the odds are stacked against me if I catch it.....!!

Now, for the Shots, I took Moderna which is two shots space 25 days apart......

I experienced these side effects......

1st Shot, almost passed out 3 mins after getting it, Heart was pumping very quake, I remained calm, but I do know, I almost went out........Cleared up about 5 mins later,

Then Headache the rest of the day, normal sore arm....For 3-4 days.........

2nd Shot.......

Little bit of Heart pumping, then 3 bad days of headaches,, ,,

Second day, my tongue swelled up, and I had severe shakes and coldness in body for 2 hours.........After that I was OK.........Came very close to going to Emergency for possible Anaphylactic reaction......!!

This might help, I am very sensitive too much medication......I rarely take medication, but 30 some years ago I was over medicated on Viral Infection, and swelled up like a Tomato, with hive like issues.......It seems like after that episode any strong medicine, I have to watch for Allergic Reactions.....Conversely with this Moderna Shots for Covid, I think I suffer from the same syndrome........

I have also talked with numerous people about their effects to Vaccines, not just Moderna....Some, nothing at all.......Others, sick with Chills and Flue like symptoms for 3-5 days, then OK.........So take it for what it is worth.....

Glad to have the Shots, just wasn't happy with these type of side effects, but considering the Alternative I think this was the best way to go knowing that Covid could do much worse to me if I catch it.....

Hope this helps you Folks......Peace and be Healthy.....

Wow! Glad to hear you made it through OK Blue. My wife and I had no side effects whatever with Pfizer, but we all have our different vulnerabilities. I believe Idaho is now open to anyone over 16,

Ok....Im going to be 70 this year,,,,

I had double Pneumonia 15 yrs ago, irregular heart beat, and Pericarditis when I was 30, almost died from Pneumonia and Pericarditis (Viral infection of Heart Sack) ....So with this kind of History and knowing that Covid likes to destroy Lungs and Heart for starters, I think the odds are stacked against me if I catch it.....!!

Now, for the Shots, I took Moderna which is two shots space 25 days apart......

I experienced these side effects......

1st Shot, almost passed out 3 mins after getting it, Heart was pumping very quake, I remained calm, but I do know, I almost went out........Cleared up about 5 mins later,

Then Headache the rest of the day, normal sore arm....For 3-4 days.........

2nd Shot.......

Little bit of Heart pumping, then 3 bad days of headaches,, ,,

Second day, my tongue swelled up, and I had severe shakes and coldness in body for 2 hours.........After that I was OK.........Came very close to going to Emergency for possible Anaphylactic reaction......!!

This might help, I am very sensitive too much medication......I rarely take medication, but 30 some years ago I was over medicated on Viral Infection, and swelled up like a Tomato, with hive like issues.......It seems like after that episode any strong medicine, I have to watch for Allergic Reactions.....Conversely with this Moderna Shots for Covid, I think I suffer from the same syndrome........

I have also talked with numerous people about their effects to Vaccines, not just Moderna....Some, nothing at all.......Others, sick with Chills and Flue like symptoms for 3-5 days, then OK.........So take it for what it is worth.....

Glad to have the Shots, just wasn't happy with these type of side effects, but considering the Alternative I think this was the best way to go knowing that Covid could do much worse to me if I catch it.....

Hope this helps you Folks......Peace and be Healthy.....
sorry you felt so bad , very pleased you got through it ok, on the whole I think you did the right thing, the alternative can be much, much worse....even long covid , which is apparently affecting quite a high percentage of people who caught the disease. They interviewed a couple in their 30s here in oz who both are feeling awful 8 months after they contracted the virus.Shortness of breath, aching , chest pain, brain fog, not a nice experience. Some people with this syndrome feel better after the vaccine , others worse.....

Last edited:
here in central florida, we are 43 and 39 and able to get our first shot tomorrow saturday april 3rd. i understand the first shot isn't all that bad, but i watched my mother get extremely sick for 3 days from the second shot. A little over 2,000 people have died from the second shot in the U.S, but thats a small amount compared to people dying everyday.

Nugget2225, I have heard younger people have more reaction to the second shot, because their immune system is more active, whereas with older people the immune system is not as strong. Maybe it means your mother actually has a strong immune system, but that is just a guess. We had heard to hydrate well before the second shot. We did and had no issues. Ours were Pfizer.

here in central florida, we are 43 and 39 and able to get our first shot tomorrow saturday april 3rd. i understand the first shot isn't all that bad, but i watched my mother get extremely sick for 3 days from the second shot. A little over 2,000 people have died from the second shot in the U.S, but thats a small amount compared to people dying everyday.

Agreed, but please use caution when repeating that '2,000 deaths' propaganda. There is little evidence to suggest the vaccine had anything to do with the thousand-or-so post-vaccine deaths. This myth, like so many, seems to have started on Facebook - the National Enquirer of the 21st century.

Nevertheless, even if you believe the Facebook garbage, more people in the U.S. alone will die from Covid in the U.S. by the time the weekend is out.

And, in reality, more people will die from Covid by the time my burrito is done warming up in the microwave than probably really died from the vaccine worldwide thus far.

Sorry to cut this short, but time for lunch.

Back