Picklist Disappered!

boleyd

My Picklist completely disappeared! I suspect that it may have occurred when I switched to the latest build - 111782. I had a considerable number of items in there for quick reference.

Peet2005 summed up my feelings about the management of this product. I continue to suffer the mess of bugs that have existed for years, as well as the many newly added. I understand that the funding is not available to cleanup the program. Thus the continuum of problems evolves toward an inevitable bitter end.

Years ago I stopped taking any interest in programming. I just wanted to be a customer.... Big mistake. Had I taken an interest in the inner working of this program I might have been able to repair my issues, as others do. So, now I am at the mercy of a company who cannot afford to spend the time and money to systematically clear the myriad of problems.

Now back to my Route:eek:

I'm not a programmer and just a customer and DO feel your frustration.

My solution to backing up the pick-lists I have is to view them in Content Manager, view assets in new window then select the KUIDs from filter and copy that.

I then paste the list into a text file and save it.

Should I need to recreate the Pick-list again, I'll copy and paste the KUIDs into the filter. When the assets appear, I'll highlight them and choose add to pick-list. I did this a couple of times and it works fine, albeit, a bit roundabout for something that could be easily automated using a utility or script built-in to Content Manager.

Picklists are part of your settings. If you have a new local data folder, you have new settings. If you still have your old local data folder, you still have your old picklist (point your new build to the old folder)

I took the easy route and went to a backup data file that was only a few days old. The Picklist returned as well as a route that had disappeared. Many errors seem to be conditioned based which makes it a real pain when troubleshooting. I do not envy the M3V staff in this task.

And, while I am thinking of it, please remove the "breakpoints/traps" that can cause error messages for your convenience but not for mine.

And, while I am thinking of it, please remove the "breakpoints/traps" that can cause error messages for your convenience but not for mine.

The only way that comment makes any sense to me is if you are using a beta version and those "breakpoint/traps" are assertion messages. If you are using a beta version then you have obviously and intentionally volunteered to be a beta tester and you will therefore be reporting those messages to N3V at their bug reporting web site.

If you did not want those messages then why did you download and install a beta version?

That was a clicking accident at purchase. Stuff happens..

Other than those events the program has been working.

Last edited:
That was a clicking accident at purchase. Stuff happens.

Yes, stuff happens. The next time one of those assertion messages appears simply click the button that says "Continue and ignore errors".

Also make sure that your Update Stream (Trainz Settings --> Install --> Change Trainz Update Stream) is NOT set to "TRS19 Platinum Edition Beta".

Back