Camera Change Denied

boc61

This is happening in the C&O Thurmond Empties session. The camera is in Chase mode and cannot be changed. I don't remember this being the case in TANE. Was it changed?

Last edited:
Yeah it's not even locked in a good angle, you wind up inside the mountains sometimes.

That kuid is the Water Treatment Plant. it's part of the route, though v1 is Obsolete. v3 is the current one.

Last edited:
Behaviour confirmed in the Thurmond Empties session in Build 111782.
Have you sent a bug report to https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu yet?
Cannot rely on issues like this to be picked up by QA from the forums alone.
Author has made some worthwhile updates to many of the dependent assets in recent weeks, but none that would generate this type of error.

Found this to be not a bug but a feature in T:ANE. Apparently "Thurmond Empties" was intended to be a challenge to the driver to get the train rolling rather than a road trip so the author didn't bother to provide a change of view.

Clone the session under a name you provide and edit the "Cinematic Camera" rule to unlock the point of view and it will all run normally.

:B~)

Found this to be not a bug but a feature in T:ANE. Apparently "Thurmond Empties" was intended to be a challenge to the driver to get the train rolling rather than a road trip so the author didn't bother to provide a change of view.

Clone the session under a name you provide and edit the "Cinematic Camera" rule to unlock the point of view and it will all run normally.

Your theory has been confirmed. I got a response to my bug report stating it is as designed. Camera view and DCC mode are locked, and coal/water has been disabled.

Your theory has been confirmed. I got a response to my bug report stating it is as designed. Camera view and DCC mode are locked, and coal/water has been disabled.

Yeah, sorry I didn't spot your issue sooner - I had the same experience a year or so ago, went through the system and got the same answer. Hmm.. maybe you got an updated version in TANE? Except there are no later versions on the DLS, so that's not it. Curious.

P.S. If you clone the session you can also turn off the automated fireman if you want to handle your own fire.

I encountered the change denied message for the 1st time, yesterday.

I just finished building a loop with the Wuppertaler Schwebebahn assets and jumped into quickdrive with the Schwebebahnmotorwagen and the Schwebebahnanhaenger car.

Trying to switch to cab view while in the Motor unit throws up the denied message, but upon switching to the traincar, you can jump into cab view while in that car, and drive normally...

Odd, but it's how the 2 cars were made :)

Rico

Back