Trainz Plus and TRS19 SP3 Beta 11178x update

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
New builds are available for testing:
Steam - 111784
PC - 111782
Mac - 111781

With very few bug reports coming through, this looks like the final beta prior to an official release next week.

This build fixes the portal issues and a couple of other minor bugs.

We've also made some server updates that should resolve the hidden MP sessions, and we're now ready to do some multiplayer testing.

Multiplayer Driver Testing
To participate you'll need the 111782 PC build (unfortunately beta builds don't support cross-build MP sessions)
To join, filter on "Multiplayer" from the main menu, then select any of the open games.
I'll be hosting a MP session on KSC (although I may not always be sitting at the keyboard). There will be a maximum of 10 players in that session.

MultiplayerSurveyor Testing
This test will be on the Sebino route.
Trainz Plus and Gold Class members with 111781 or 111782 can participate.
To join, type "Sebino" in the search and then select the BETA Sebino MPS route.
Take a look around

Two small 19MB patches bringing me up to 111782.
V_e_r_y slow display of main menu splash screen, so immediately went off to TrainzUtil to precache everything again. (prebuild).
All usual settings and preferences retained.
Will see if I can break this one. Try as I might, I could not get the portals to fail on the last beta build with repeated tests. Now that they're 'fixed' maybe I have a chance!

TRS19 freezes!!!

Spoiler alert in the release prior to todays 2 and now running 111782!

Besides the impossible constant redraw when doing topology using height and or anything editing with splines trainz freeze and it's a repro 100%.

I did sent a mp4 to proof my findings to QA team and they can use my Calgary route V102 to give it a try on the canal bottom to set the height and do a change topolgy height!
After survivng the constant redraw at a sudden point in time trainz freezes and the task hangs.
Cannot delete the frozen task only using task manager delete task.

The portal issue seems to be resolved in build 111782. All my trains emit properly using Central Portal Control. I'll do some more testing tomorrow.

I'm not sure whether the consume feature for portals is working now but again I will check this out tomorrow also.

Patches downloaded ans installed without problems

I still have the problem of all splines disappearing then re appearing when any type of spline is deleted about 1-2 seconds

I created a new one board route in 111782 then copy/past 100 mt lengths of rail all over it -- about a thousand lengths then tried to delete them
I got the same disappearing splines as in my route when deleting

Good news Roy - QA have been able to work out a repro in a test map for your redraw issue and for the freeze!

Meanwhile, some interesting information about the splines redrawing:
- height adjustment under any other spline increases the likelihood of the redraw occurring (so height adjustment of non-spline areas is fine)
- the further you zoom your camera out from the area you are adjusting, the less often the splines will redraw
- the longer the "stroke" as you draw, the more likely it will redraw the nearby splines (so keep movements shorter and no problems at all)
- adjusting an area that affects lots of splines is the most likely way to get the freeze to occur

Good news Roy - QA have been able to work out a repro in a test map for your redraw issue and for the freeze!

- height adjustment under any other spline increases the likelihood of the redraw occurring (so height adjustment of non-spline areas is fine)
- the further you zoom your camera out from the area you are adjusting, the less often the splines will redraw
- the longer the "stroke" as you draw, the more likely it will redraw the nearby splines (so keep movements shorter and no problems at all)
- adjusting an area that affects lots of splines is the most likely way to get the freeze to occur

I've tried this from ground level and zoomed out to where the view changes to track view -- the splines still redraw

By height adjustment under splines -- do you mean changing spline height or leveling ground under spline

Instal was quick and easy.

• Problem with scrolling in thumbnail mode CM has gone.:Y:

In Route Surveyor..(basic, not plus)

• Using topo tool to raise ground in an open area seemed quicker and smoother than before.

Raising the track height manually at a spline node with a track object attached....

• Large route (Central Europe) track object reaches the height before the track arrives.
  • Small route, no problem at all.

(ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super GPU)

Not tried driver mode or portals yet.

I'm still seeing hard crashes to desktop running Driver with built-in sessions (Kickstarter Country) on ARM Mac. Previous betas wouldn't even complete database repair of downloaded assets without crashing, so it is progress. Haven't downloaded ANY assets to this new beta yet. Bug report submitted.

Thanks,
Diego

FOLLOW-UP:

I've downloaded all purchased routes & assets. Now it crashes reliably caching content while attempting to start. So basically back to where we were before.

Last edited:
Painless install here, all seems OK, no issues with splines and redraws or raising and lowering or deleting, very slight delay on re-appearing if using undo, tried on tracks and other splines.
First run took about the same time to load the intro screen as it has after any patch, second run back to normal, not done any additional DBR or prebuild this time and things appear to be working OK. Routes appear to be loading a bit quicker however that might just be that Win10 updated a couple of days ago. Nothing missing or faulty, Thumbnails in Manage Content are scrolling perfectly and seem to be loading very much faster than in any other version which is good.

On the routes I run the portals seem to be fixed in build 111782. They now emit and consume the trains as expected. In previous beta builds when a train entered a portal to be consumed it just stalled out and sat there in the portal. Now things work fine.

yes!
it works, only one thing seemed to be left in map-mode, the running consists-names stopped after few seconds, but run further after scrolling or move the map a bit with the mouse.

yes!
it works, only one thing seemed to be left in map-mode, the running consists-names stopped after few seconds, but run further after scrolling or move the map a bit with the mouse.

i see that also, but if you exit the map mode and then go back to the map mode it is gone.

UPDATE ON PORTALS

On long trains (20+ cars) I am still getting derailed trains in the consuming portals. The derailment occurs at the very end of the portal.

This is what I see when looking at the map when a train enters the consuming portal. The first few cars disappear about a third of the way into the portal. But as more of the train enters the portal the disappearing act moves further and further back to the end of the portal, and then the remaining cars seem to "hit" the end of the portal and derail.

Portal still are emitting OK.

Originally in build 111603 I had the AJS library error (Posted this in the beta thread) and as the red bug error carried over to 111782 did more digging. (Should have done this with RA 111603, sorry).

Anyway, found the locomotive SRV R711 is causing the bug error. Once the loco was deleted from the session (and replaced with a different locomotive), the error no longer appeared. Double checked 3x's.

Just thought I would update the reason for the bug error and what fixed it here.

Last edited:
Paul - are you sure you’re not emitting and consuming at the same time?
Is this a 100% repro or a "sometimes" one?
Which portal KUID?
Does this happen with different cars?
Loaded/unloaded?
Under AI control or manual?
Anything else that might help us repro?

Last edited:
Hi Tony.

Just to report I am currently unable to patch from build 111603 to new build 11178X : Trainz detects there is an update and proposes to patch, but when I confirm, under the patcher, just after validating my user (pguy) and password, I receive the following message : there are no patchable products associated with this my Trainz account ... That is a new patcher behaviour as I had no problems patching with earlier patches until last one to build 111603 ... From the error message, I believe the solution is probably on your side ...???

And sorry but for the moment I cannot test the new build to verify there is no problems ...

Regards.
Pierre.

Pierre - the server was down for a few minutes earlier so retry now and it should be fine.

Dear Tony,

thank you for the good news indeed
BTW I did sent QA team a copy of the profiler report on freeze a.w.a the log yesterday.
Finally we get the redraw qualified as a possible bug.
The workaround with the small asset preview did not work for me.
The freeze is pretty annoying as I did not have that in older releases!! older than 111xxx let's say early feb i did not see this and i did this adjust terrain a lot on the canl too!

I know the zoom has influencee on the redraw but not if you are zoomed in close even look from top so no further distant asstes affected still redraws heavy by times. Even after redraw the same area done already will redraw again a.s.a. you 'stroke' the topology command adjust height and brush it in same place and further.
Anyway you and most of us know and I am not the only one with this phenomina.
Hope you can identify the buffer that fills to the top and makes the freeze kick in. It happens most within or at the edge of 2 bordering baseboards.

have a nice weekend and stay safe.

Roy

Last edited:
Paul - are you sure you’re not emitting and consuming at the same time?
Is this a 100% repro or a "sometimes" one?
Which portal KUID?
Does this happen with different cars?
Loaded/unloaded?
Under AI control or manual?
Anything else that might help us repro?

Tony, thanks for the response.

I have submitted a bug report and have been in correspondence with QA.
I am using <kuid:-25:1264>
I always use separate portals for emitting and consuming trains.
Its an interesting issue. It only becomes a problem with trains with over 20 cars or so. Many of my trains enter the portal loaded. The interesting things is if you watch in map view the train entering into the consuming portal you of course can see the cars being eliminate. However the distance between the last car eliminated and the back end of the portal becomes less and less. The issue then on a long train is that the next car to be eliminated "bumps" into the end of the portal and derails. That's why short trains are not effected,- there is still space left between the last car and the end of the portal.
At any rate QA asked me a series of questions which I have answered which hopefully will allow you to track down this bug.

Back