Appen Freight Session broken

Forester1

Hi. Since SP2 (Build 110491) the Appen freight session appears to be broken. after I couple to the first consist of cars, I cross three junctions as I move toward the end. But I barely get started when it tells me I have run a red light, and it quits. I have paused the session at the start and made sure all of the switches are set correctly, Junction 2260 is set wrong and has to be changed. But it still gets the error. This last time I was even looking at a green light. I did submit a ticket to the helpdesk. Can anyone else confirm?

Edit: went back and tried it one more time. Confirmed all the junctions were set correctly. 2260 had to be corrected as expected. This time I did not see the error but the session still quit, so I just may not have seen the error text, not sure...

Last edited:
Apparently the Passenger session is broken as well. After moving to the third locomotive and passing junction 2240, the navigator mileage decrements to 0.00, but after stopping it does not recognize the task is complete, so the session does not move on. I tried several times, stopping shorter and farther, but could not get the session to continue. Junction 2240 is set to go right, but the mileage navigator follows to the right, so that seems to be correct.

Last edited:
Hello, just looked at the session for this and the "Set Signal Extended Rule" (several of them) are "broken" (there is no signal defined.) You can either try to set them so you get green signals or you can delete the "End Session" rule in the "Signal Passed at Danger Check Rule" set. Deleting the "End Session" rule would allow you to run the red light and continue.

Thanks 1611mac. Nice to have it confirmed. I hope N3V can fix it, as I think any adjustments mean you don't get credit at the end. It looks like the Passenger session has some other type of issue.

I'm not positive but I think scoring will work if you don't open the session but instead "edit" the session from the Sessions screen/icon. Delete the "end session on passing red light" rule and go into Driver mode to run the session. Scoring should function I believe. In other words, if the session is edited before it begins scoring should work.

There's a bunch of broken sessions that need attention it seems. I don't know if SP2 caused it, I didn't install 2019 until after SP2 was released, hopefully they will be fixed, and not broken again by SP3.

Last edited:
I was in on TRS-19 Early Release two years ago last Oct and a good number of sessions have never worked. Mostly signal and Navigation icon issues. I know for a fact some were reported long ago.

The funny thing is, the Appen passenger session was already broken by a red signal that would not change or allow the switch to be thrown, prior to SP2. Now you can't even get that far. I think one of the problems is the beta testers are a fairly adept group, and they test a lot of stuff, but I am not sure the tutorials or the canned sessions that come with the routes are part of the testing until someone complains. Otherwise these things would be fixed before the versions and/or patches come out. It ALL needs to be tested! Someone should have all of it as part of a testing script.

Back