Downloading From Sodor Workshops Issue

mrx122

When downloading Thomas from the site, it ends in CDP and asks how you would like to open the file and to search the app shop but it can never find anything? Im not quite sure as how to proceed and get Thomas onto my actual Trainz game from here, any advice?

It is because you have no version of Trainz installed on your computer.

btw, your not getting help unless you have a version of Trainz so that it appears on your timeline.

Drag and drop the CDP file into Content Manager. As to whether or not all the dependencies can be found for the asset you're wanting to install is another matter entirely though.

You really should register your version of of TS2019 as people will think you have a pirated copy of Trainz and won't help you unless you do.

Contact the helpdesk here: http://support.trainzportal.com/

The helpdesk will assist you with linking your Steam account to your My Trainz account, which will then show your registered version.

The reason for showing a registered version is two-fold. First it shows you do in fact have a registered version and not someone that pirated the software and now asking for help. Yes, people have done this in the past and were eventually weeded out, but there are still some around, and there are some that create shadow accounts to troll. With that said, we're on guard all the time.

Second, showing a registered version, allows us to target the help for you. There are multiple Trainz versions out there that are still active including the oldest version ever released way back in 2001. By knowing which version you have, we can help you efficiently and quickly.

I usually pack mine into a folder, and when i'm ready to drop them, i drop them into the file i need them in, it's an easier method.

Back