Route stuck in a loading loop

STLSF4003

So after installing The Oxford to Queens TS2012 route into 19, I've found that when I try to load the route up to edit or just paly around with, it gets stuck in at the load point. Last time I tried to load it, it just kept on loading for about half an hour before i had to kill the program.

Large routes can take a long time to initially load as Trainz is precaching the content. I would suggest doing a database repair then loading it up and waiting to see if it loads.

Large routes can take a long time to initially load as Trainz is precaching the content. I would suggest doing a database repair then loading it up and waiting to see if it loads.

Did a repair and fired to game up to load the route. That was at 6:57PM CST. It's 7:33PM and it's still loading.
I've never had the issue with other long routes before.

This route doesn't seem to like trs19 in the slightest!

I had to bring it into 19 via TANE. It definitely does not like TRS19 natively and crashed to the desktop on my PC
Cheers

Are you using the beta, or is this the current released version?

If it's the beta version, then it's possible that an assertion error occurred while the route is loading and somehow ended up behind the route. If an assertion error occurs, then TRS2019 will wait for input from you to either continue, quite, or ignore. If you don't do anything, then Trainz will sit there endlessly waiting for input.

I think i'm using the full release version?

The my build number is 110497.

Okay.

Bring up the Launcher. If you can't see it, press the Windows key to bring up the task manager.

Hover over the TRS19 icon in the taskbar so you can see the two programs. Click on the Launcher.

Once the Launcher is up on the screen, click on Developer menu and then Show logs.

This should be scrolling if it's loading stuff. If it's a very large route, it may take some time. There may also be a validating content message. This means this content is being cached.

There are many things that can cause this to take a lot longer than normal including low disk space and a badly fragmented hard disk - SSDs not counted.

Suggest go first to Content Manager and select the recalcitrant route for inspection.
Right-click the name of the route and choose 'View errors and warnings' - If any are shown, please copy paste them into a further post here for assistance if needed...
If there are none shown, then right-click again and choose 'List dependencies'. A large number of dependencies will be shown in a new window.
Look for any that are red in colour. (or filter the entire response set by 'Status' to see if any have a status other 'Base', 'Built-in', 'Installed, Payware', 'Modified', or similar.
Any 'Unknowns'? Errant (red) ones? Fix/ resolve those if you can.
In the event that there is an assertion dialog or Windows error message hidden behind another window when you attempt to start this route, use the Alt + Tab key combo to toggle through the current windows to reveal the hidden dialog box.

i dont usually say much BUT as every version of this junk seems to get worse. What are we paying for ? To be beta testers?

Okay.

Bring up the Launcher. If you can't see it, press the Windows key to bring up the task manager.

Hover over the TRS19 icon in the taskbar so you can see the two programs. Click on the Launcher.

Once the Launcher is up on the screen, click on Developer menu and then Show logs.

This should be scrolling if it's loading stuff. If it's a very large route, it may take some time. There may also be a validating content message. This means this content is being cached.

There are many things that can cause this to take a lot longer than normal including low disk space and a badly fragmented hard disk - SSDs not counted.

while loading the route, the log keeps repeating these three lines.
: TrainzDRMClient::performPlanetAuranLogin> not yet authenticated with planet auran
: TrainzDRMClient::performPlanetAuranLogin> logging in to planet auran cache
: TrainzDRMClient::performPlanetAuranLogin> cache login successful, setting session cookie

Done it about four times now.

while loading the route, the log keeps repeating these three lines.
: TrainzDRMClient::performPlanetAuranLogin> not yet authenticated with planet auran
: TrainzDRMClient::performPlanetAuranLogin> logging in to planet auran cache
: TrainzDRMClient::performPlanetAuranLogin> cache login successful, setting session cookie

Done it about four times now.

That's all that's in there?

Those are normal messages. It means you've connected and logged in and a session cookie was downloaded for the login.

Have you checked for missing assets or anything as PC_Ace mentioned?

That's all that's in there?

Those are normal messages. It means you've connected and logged in and a session cookie was downloaded for the login.

Have you checked for missing assets or anything as PC_Ace mentioned?
About the only errors the route throws up are for a set of 12 unknown kuids.
- <kuid2:72938:40175:2> : Dependency <kuid2:72938:40175:2> is unknown.
- <kuid2:72938:40319:1> : Dependency <kuid2:72938:40319:1> is unknown.
- <kuid2:72938:40193:1> : Dependency <kuid2:72938:40193:1> is unknown.
- <kuid2:72938:42004:1> : Dependency <kuid2:72938:42004:1> is unknown.
- <kuid2:72938:42006:1> : Dependency <kuid2:72938:42006:1> is unknown.
- <kuid2:72938:40181:2> : Dependency <kuid2:72938:40181:2> is unknown.
- <kuid2:72938:40195:1> : Dependency <kuid2:72938:40195:1> is unknown.
- <kuid2:72938:40225:2> : Dependency <kuid2:72938:40225:2> is unknown.
- <kuid2:72938:40235:2> : Dependency <kuid2:72938:40235:2> is unknown.
- <kuid2:72938:40237:2> : Dependency <kuid2:72938:40237:2> is unknown.
- <kuid2:72938:40265:2> : Dependency <kuid2:72938:40265:2> is unknown.
- <kuid2:72938:43316:1> : Dependency <kuid2:72938:43316:1> is unknown.

and 7 mcguirel tree assets that all seem to be missing the same kuid.
<kuid2:72938:40195:1>
<kuid2:72938:40193:1>
<kuid2:72938:40265:2>
<kuid2:72938:43326:1>
<kuid2:72938:43316:1>

You can ignore those missing deps and the DRM messages.

I would try the following:
1. Create a .cdp of the route
2. Create a new local data folder
3. Import the route into the new folder
4. Open the route (it will have lots of missing dependencies, that's ok)
5. If the route opens, then "save as" which will create a new kuid
6. Save the new version as a .cdp
7. Point your install back to the old local data folder
8. Import the new version of the route (which will now load with the deps installed)
9. Problem solved (we hope).

If not, please advise at which point things went wrong and what happened.

mercury29 -
i dont usually say much BUT as every version of this junk seems to get worse. What are we paying for ? To be beta testers?
On the contrary - I'm finding each new version - even these beta builds of late - to be more reliable than any previous version of Trainz out there - and I've been testing Trainz builds for way more than a decade now...
The OP's issues with route loading are completely understandable given that this route was designed for TS12 and has been brought (incorrectly) directly into TRS19 without the preparation needed to undertake the transfer properly and without issue.
There is a convoluted path for converting routes built for the old 32-bit TRS12 engine into the new 64-bit E2 game engine first introduced by T:ANE and now much-improved and enhanced in TRS19.
In particular, the SpeedTrees need to be swapped out beforehand, as they are incompatible with the new SpeedTrees in T:ANE and TRS19. There are huge differences in file formats and textures treatment that also need to be accommodated.
The majority of assets/ dependencies for that route will have been updated in the meantime, so the obsolete ones need to swapped for the new ones, etc.
STLSF4003 - Those mcguirel SpeedTrees/ library should be replaced with their new SpeedTree counterparts (or substitutes found if they were originally payware).
The latest versions available of mcguirel's (excellent) non-payware trees that are built-in to TRS19 all start with "M: (URST) "

You can ignore those missing deps and the DRM messages.

I would try the following:
1. Create a .cdp of the route
2. Create a new local data folder
3. Import the route into the new folder
4. Open the route (it will have lots of missing dependencies, that's ok)
5. If the route opens, then "save as" which will create a new kuid
6. Save the new version as a .cdp
7. Point your install back to the old local data folder
8. Import the new version of the route (which will now load with the deps installed)
9. Problem solved (we hope).

If not, please advise at which point things went wrong and what happened.

So what your saying is that i need to .cdp and export the route from 19 to to another another install of 19 or just an older version of trainz like TANE?

If you are going to disparage something, at least have the facts in your favour. The route doesn't work because it was built for a 10 year old version and is faulty and may cause a CTD or hang when installing directly into TRS19. If it is installed, edited and saved in TANE before installing in TRS19, the route loads and edits without issue. Older third party speedtrees seem to be the problem in my experience.
You actually need to pay extra to be a beta tester. :p
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
Well actually in my experience SP2 is much worse and far more unstable than SP1 (and I'm not paying to be a Beta tester!).
Far more CTD's when using Surveyor.
Various spline issues from not being able to tell if the straighten tool has worked or not, Ctrl-Z randomly removing splines just to mention two.

SP1 was actually quite pleasant to work with and IMHO we should have an option to either rollback or install only to that iteration if putting Trainz back on.

Well It seems that Oxford to Queens TS2012 isn't the only route that wont play nice with 19.
Georgetown to Tarin Rocks is doing the same crap Oxford to Queens was! (never got that one to load so i just gave up on that one)

But do ya want to know the kicker on this one?......I downloaded it in tane then CDP'ed over to 19.

An you wanna know what happed? It still hung like a condemned criminal!

I don't know what i've done wrong but these two routes absolutely despise me! :n:

Back