USLW's CSX Stealth SD40-2

Nope_15

Hello, I need some help with a particular asset from the USLW, its the CSX SD40-2 Stealth (link: Index of /content/downloads/files (archive.org) its near the bottom.) when I put the asset into trainz, i got the following errors:

<kuid:219472:1799> VE40: Unable to load primary image 'mesh_body/a_bump.bmp' for texture file 'mesh_body/a_bump.texture.txt'.

<kuid:219472:1799> VE40: Unable to load primary image 'mesh_body/b_bump.bmp' for texture file 'mesh_body/b_bump.texture.txt'.

The Cab Shell is also faulty

I'm using Trainz a new era SP4 build 105957

Last edited:
Most errors like this are due to the texture.txt pointing to a non-existent image file or a image file that is missed spelt. In the case of the loco, looks like those two textures don't exist so you have to make them.

a_bump.bmp and b_bump.bmp don't exist and are referenced by the mesh so I copied the deck plating bump map and renamed them to add them to the loco so the mesh is happy.

The shell has the same problem. Several images are referenced by the texture.txt files that aren't included in the asset. Delete them. The dash image file is miss-pelt as dsah, fix the spelling.

These errors show up because early versions of Trainz didn't flag them as errors and the creator just left the texture.txt files even though they were no longer needed.

The loco is missing two assets. The bogies and the interior. I would find another SD40-2 made by NorfolkSouthern37 and substitute the bogies and interior from that loco in the config.txt or just see if someone knows where to find them.

Here is a screenshot after I found some bogies and the interior of another SD40-2 made by Justin and changed the config.

https://www.screencast.com/t/GXUw5LrU

William

Last edited:
Back