Looking for a signal that can display a "passenger train signal" indication

janathan

I'm making a replica of a section of the NJ Transit Raritan Valley Line (again) and I'm looking for a signal that can display a "passenger train signal" indication. Here's how they work. On the Conrail Lehigh Line, which NJ Transit uses to get to Roselle Park and Union, there are special switches right before the station like the ones in this picture: (https://earth.google.com/web/search...HQJKMdkJAEdv3zZVudkJAGTPZLsV6AFPAIYcJP26NAFPA) These switches exist because the freight trains are wider than passenger trains, so they are moved slightly further from the platform, but passenger trains are switched closer, so the gap isn't too wide. Before these switches are a special two-aspect signal with a blue-ish light underneath the aspects. If it displays a clear indication (green over red) with the blue light illuminated, it means that the route is aligned for a passenger train to go into the station and a freight train would have to stop. If it displays a clear aspect without the blue light, the switch is aligned for a freight train to skip the station and a passenger train would have to stop. Interestingly enough, even if it's an express passenger train skipping the station, it'll still be routed to the nearer two rails. I don't know if the blue light is used with other aspects, because every time I've seen it, it was always clear.

Is there a signal like this anywhere?

Back