Content Store Issues

scull488

Hello All,

Is anyone else having issues updating purchased content on the Content Store?

I have a number of "update" items. When I click on the update button it goes through the motions but ends with an error.

This also extends to assets in the Content Manager. If there are "newer versions" available there is no option to download them. The drop down is greyed out.

If it isn't one thing, it's another,

Scull

W9K95Mi9
W9K95Mi9

TRS19 / Platinum
Build: 109646
2019 MacBook Pro 16"
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel i9
AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Last edited:
Those errors in the Content Store are "usually" false. If you click Retry, they should go away. As far as the Newer Version thing goes, I can't figure it out either. There seem to be so many versions of certain things, some are payware but really aren't, depending on what flavor of 2019 you have, or they are built in in TANE, but payware in 2019, updates to installed things are listed but in Unknown Locations or show as Payware Not Active, even though I have the previous version... It's all very confusing to me.

We can't see the route or asset you are asking about because images need to be hosted elsewhere then linked to them and not directly from the desktop as you have.

Hi John,

They weren't assets, just screen shots. Thought it would be easier to import an image than it is, but we are talking Trainz and if anything I've learned with this game is when you least expect it, expect it.

Scull

Hi John,

They weren't assets, just screen shots. Thought it would be easier to import an image than it is, but we are talking Trainz and if anything I've learned with this game is when you least expect it, expect it.

Scull

But still we couldn't see them.

If I had seen the screen shots, I would have said the same. Hit retry and the error will go away. According to Tony Hilliam, the Content Store is a WIP and there are going to be many changes to that over the course of upcoming versions.

Hi Scull488
To be able to post screenshots, you will need to use an image host to post your images. Unfortunately out forums do not allow direct attachments of images, due to the space requirements to support this.

However there are some error messages that can be ignored; for most of these clicking on 'retry' will complete the installation of the DLC pack. If you are unable to post a screenshot, then could you please write out the error message so that we can know what error you are seeing.

If the error message relates to 'failed to download precache data', then this error can be ignored by clicking on 'retry'. The DLC pack will then complete the installation, and will be available in-game.

The build number you have provided is also an older build number (TrainzPlus 20Q2, aka the Multiplayer Surveyor TrainzPlus release). I would highly recommend updating to TRS19 SP2, as we did made further improvements to the content store in SP2, and some newer DLC packs may not always work with previous builds.

Regards

Hello, As I recall... rather than "retry" I click "cancel" and the button text changes from "error" to "uninstall" indicating that it did in fact install. I recently did a new install (for beta work) and downloaded every route. Got many "errors" as always but in every single case the install worked fine.

Zec, I try to be positive. I really do. But this error msg has lasted for a long long time and I myself have answered questions about it here on the forums countless times, as has others, for months and month. Is this so hard to fix? It presents a pretty poor picture of things when an install can't return a proper response.

Hi 1611mac
In some cases this relates to DLC packs needing to be rebuilt to the newer formats for DLC packs (ie all new DLC packs now use the 'tzarc' format). Unfortunately this is a lengthy process, and there's no real timeframe for specific DLC packs, unless they need to be updated for bug fixing/etc. However we do hope to make improvements to both the content store itself, and the handling of the less important error messages to make things easier.

However to be able to introduce the new tzarc format for DLC packs, which was needed to introduce the current TCCP system to streamline the packaging/testing/release of DLC packs (basically packaging, testing, and submitting for release are fully in the hands of creators now; with us just doing the release process now), we needed all TRS19 users to be using the Content Store. This did mean making this feature available now, rather than at a later date.

Regards

we needed all TRS19 users to be using the Content Store. This did mean making this feature available now, rather than at a later date.
Regards

Thank you for the detailed reply Zec. I understand all that. What I don't understand is why you can't have logic in the code to check the file type so you could handle mixed types without one or the other giving an error. It seems like pretty common stuff to me. I do web sites and in download scripts one of the common things done is to know and handle different file types in different ways and each may have it's own error checking.

I don't have all the details so I am speaking without all the facts. I just know it's a real shame for new users to have to post on the forum about their content not being installed when in fact it is. Not a good way to get started with Trainz.

Again, I thank you for the kind reply. I hope everyone with N3V is healthy and working.

Hi Zec,

Thanks for the reply. I am a bit confused when you say an old build. I actually thought I had already upgraded to SP2 at the end of November 2020. But, I guess not. I'll have to prepare myself, as upgrades always seem to bring about new issues in addition to some that get fixed.

I don't know that I have access to an Image Host let alone know what one is (though I can imagine).

Clicking on retry again does not change anything. While it starts to download, it hits the installation phase and then cancels out, leaving the "view error" button. I have tried this the many different ways that people are mentioning, but to no avail.

Thanks again for the reply,

Scull

TRS19 / Platinum
2019 MacBook Pro 16"
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel i9
Catalina OS X: 10.15.7

Hi Zec,

Thanks for the reply. I am a bit confused when you say an old build. I actually thought I had already upgraded to SP2 at the end of November 2020. But, I guess not. I'll have to prepare myself, as upgrades always seem to bring about new issues in addition to some that get fixed.

I don't know that I have access to an Image Host let alone know what one is (though I can imagine).

Clicking on retry again does not change anything. While it starts to download, it hits the installation phase and then cancels out, leaving the "view error" button. I have tried this the many different ways that people are mentioning, but to no avail.

Thanks again for the reply,

Scull

TRS19 / Platinum
2019 MacBook Pro 16"
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel i9

Scull... Knowing that the error msgs are in error most of the time, what are you expecting see? Just ignore them. Go to the game and see if they in fact are not there ready to run.

Greg,

What do I expect? Really? I expect it to update. That simple.

I never said things didn't run as far as the routes, just that an update is listed and it won't update.

As far as an update to remedy this and other issues, from what I am reading the only update for my build when running a Mac is the SP2 Beta. I'll wait til they solidify a version for my operating system.

Thanks,

Scull

TRS19 / Platinum
2019 MacBook Pro 16"
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel i9

Scull.. just to explain. "What do you expect" is a common question in debugging and such. It's found on a lot of bug reporting forms. Sometimes it helps to know if the problem is simply due to misundertood things so "What do you expect to see" is a clarification question.

And I do admit that I read your post wrong. When I read "update" I took that to mean you were "updating" your install with a new route. I was wrong for not realizing you were actually referring to a route update.

Apologies for the mis-understanding.

Just out of curiosity what Route updates are you having problems with. I mainly use Trainz on Windows but I have a Mac install too. I could see what happens on my end.

Not A Problem Greg,

I am not the most computer savvy when it comes to the jargon and acronyms. More of a gamer that loves trains. The ability to create my own route is the most rewarding, but can also be very frustrating, as it seems that there is always something on this program that requires workarounds. I'll get there though.

I am not at my home computer at the moment, but when I get there, I'll look at the assets and/or routes that list an update available and write back.

Til Then,

Scull

TRS19 / Platinum
2019 MacBook Pro 16"
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel i9

Well Greg,

After digging more I may have figured this out. 1) I have a Mac (a laptop to boot). 2) I do not have SP2 installed. 3) SP2 is not available for build 109646 (coming soon).

I think that the Content Store has newer versions of certain routes and consists that are for SP2, but because I cannot update to SP2, I cannot get them to update. Once the update for my build is available I should be able to complete the Content Store updates. At least, I hope.

Thanks For The Assistance,

Scull

Hello,
I have both Windows and Mac installs. I'd like to see this on my Mac. Could you tell me the build you are running and give me the name of one route that you have installed, shows "Update," but wont update? I would appreciate it. This is for my own learning.

im also having these same issues. sc499 and few others keeps getting errors and things. im gold member. have problem with having access to lone pine branch. same with the calgary route

im also having these same issues. sc499 and few others keeps getting errors and things. im gold member. have problem with having access to lone pine branch. same with the calgary route

A good number of Routes show "false" errors on install. Just "cancel" the error and button will likely show "Installed."

If this is not true in your case:
After "Install" of Lone Pine Branch under "Purchased" in Content Store what do you get? Right click on Lone Pine Branch while in the store and "Get Info." What is it's "status" and "ID" and "version?" You will get an error perhaps but are you sure it's not installing. What does CM "Status" say for "Lone Pine Branch" Route?

Hello,
I have both Windows and Mac installs. I'd like to see this on my Mac. Could you tell me the build you are running and give me the name of one route that you have installed, shows "Update," but wont update? I would appreciate it. This is for my own learning.

Hi Greg,

The Content Store wants me to update ... ECML-Edinburgh Dundee, Golden B.C., Niddertalbahn, an unnamed route (not sure which one as there is no name above the description) and JR Rolling Stock.

Scull

Back