Ctrz - Z (undo) Is Chewing Track Splines Again

Vern

Trainz Maverick
Yes the old bug has returned. Back working in TRS19 SP2 Poor Man's Version (110491), this has happened several times now. Ctrl - Z on occasion not only removes the last piece of track you used/actioned but a random section next to it as well.

Please can this be actioned as it is a right PITA.

Yes, Vern UNDO can seriously damage your route
think it went bad with SP1 already
undo and redo were moved in the menu, for reasons unknown and not requested by anyone.

For my own main route I only edit in 100240, so before SP1
added benefit, it's 4.6 and will work in all TRS19 versions upwards.
if you make routes in 4.7 or 4.8 you can't get back to 4.6,
cause all turfx and layer info is lost and session trains are derailed on start.

no, I won't submit a bug report, its too basic and obvious.
greetings GM

Weird because I've had no issues with that and I do my work in 110491.

There is that odd redraw issue though that was reported, but no one else seems to have the missing track pieces like we did earlier.

Is it any particular track?

May be related to the changed spline method issue that has just been reverted in the beta?

Never noticed it with SP1, TBH - used to be a problem in one of the earlier TANE versions if I recall. SP1 was much more stable than the complete mess that SP2 was and IMHO we should have an option when reinstalling to stop at SP1.

Just hope N3V can identify where this particular piece of spaghetti has slipped back out of their tangled code and tuck it back in, hopefully not breaking something else in the process.

It is one of the built in TRS19 tracks - Jarrah 5 in its various guises but think I also had similar with on of the SAM procedural tracks.

only have it with procedural built-in tracks since SP1
and in SP2 even worse and totally unusable for route building

May be related to the changed spline method issue that has just been reverted in the beta?

:eek: oh, would this explain the random loss of spline sections in some of my routes in SP2? I was going to post about it, but thought it might just be me!

Paul

Ctrl - Z on occasion not only removes the last piece of track you used/actioned but a random section next to it as well.

Please can this be actioned as it is a right PITA.

It can if you find the repro to cause this to occur. There will be "something" different (and most likely very obscure since no-one else has reported this).

G.M. Routes/sessions and in fact any content can never be run in an earlier version. In theory 99.9% of older content can be run in a newer version.

G.M. Routes/sessions and in fact any content can never be run in an earlier version.
not quite correct Tony
What has changed in SP2 trainz-build 4.7 and upwards? only the route/session save format right?
That means any other now released DLS content labeled build 4.7,
will just run fine in 4.6, just have to lower the build number.
So if you release content (other than route/session) always label it 4.6 not 4.7, so more people can use it
non PBR content its smarter to label it build 3.5, then TANE users can also use it.

Routes will loose all layer and turfx info bringing them from 4.7 to 4.6
Sessions will have all trains/consist derailed when bringing them from 4.7 to 4.6
that does not mean they can't be brought to a lower version, just needs a lil work :)

In theory 99.9% of older content can be run in a newer version.
Yup thats great, even "repaired" some cool Franz Schaupp UTC 2002 models and working in TRS19 here
greetings GM

Back