TUME’s Project "Municipal Transit Railway"

tume

Hello,

today I created this new thread to show of screenshots and videos of my project "Municipal Transit Railway". I already uploaded a lot of screen shots for this project at the thread: "Subways, Underground, Tram or anything else Urban shots!".
But inspired by a question which came up in my therad "TUME’s Simulation of “The Milwaukee Road”" about more seasonal assets I decided to start a extra thread for my Municipal Transit Railway. For this project I already created much more seasonal assets (still unreleased) than for my Milwaukee Road project.
At the moment I am working to get my Milwaukee Road route "Alberton - Avery" finished - including a lot of locos and railcar as well. After that I will get back to work at the Municipal Transit Railway.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Your's TUME

we could use seasonal pedestrians with them getting winter layers in winter, short clothes, swimsuits, etc in summer, normal clothes in spring, slightly longer clothes in the fall, you name it

Tume,
The screenshots are wonderful and I really enjoyed the video. The SEPTA streetcar is superb. I enjoyed Season Town when it came out, and it had a very "Philadelphia" feel to it. That brought back a lot of memories for me. Every now and then I pull that route up and run around, trying to stay at the speed limit and hurrying to pick up the shivering passengers in the winter.

It looks like Season Town has grown up to be Season City. The winter effects look great. :cool:

Heinrich505

Hello and thank you all for your compliments!

@ john2002:
Yes, it weould be great to have people with seasonal clothes for pedestraines as well as for passengers. But I dont have any meshes for people in the pipeline. As I am very bussy to get all the seasonal buildings and tructures done required for my projects, I hop that other content creators could jump on to provide seasonal people.
Also It would be great, if conntent creators would create also some sets of seasonal cars for automated road traffic and static cars. I created several seasonal cars and trucks, trailers and diggers, but thats only a basic set - some more of it would be great too. There are conntent creators who already created very nice cars for several time periodes. I hope one day they could open the sourcefiles of their car assets again to add season chenge onto it :)

@ Heinrich505:
Thats nice to see that my routes can wake up some of your memories about Philladelphia from the old times.
Unfortunately I had to read in the internet that streetcar lien 15 has again beed closed dues to a lack on PCC cars. I really wonder when the newly constructet track portion to the loop at Richmond Street / Westmorland Street will be taken in operation. In google maps I can see the brand new tracks in the Richmond Street but also that the last 900 Meters of the line still seam to remain with the old tracks partly paved over.

Well - the Municipal Transit Railway route has been released witin TS12 about 10 years ago ... 10 years ... "damned" ... sometime it feels as it was yesterday :) :)
Actually I created the Season Town route to get a "playground" for my seasonal assets been created back that time. I just wanted to show the benefit of the season change function to the people in hope that more conntent creators will jump onto the train. Unfortunately until now only a few content creators provided seasonal content e.g. Dinorius_Redundicus.
Also the Season Town route was my "fall back" if I would not have been able to get the seasonal Milwaukee Road Avery - Drexel route not finished until the deadline fir third party conntent for T:ANE back that time. But eventually I could get both routes finished and I was very glat about that :)
Some years ago I thought about the possibility to rework the Municipal Transit Railway to provide full seasonal support. Actually it is not the route itself but the implemented assets which needs to be improved to maintain season change. So I count all the assets I created for that route as well as the many DLS assets I used in the route as well. At first I came to the conclusion that such I cannot create such number of seasonal assets to get a seasonal substitution for all the assets used in the non seasonal route. But eventually I loved the idea of a seasonal Municipal Transit Railway more than I feared the enormous amount of work needed to create all the needed seasonal assets - mostly from scratch. Eventually I started that process which still has not been finished.
For creation the new seasonal assets I also could benefit from the LOD technique - e.g. to put more 3d details onto the buildingt like fire stairs and so on. Also I am proud of my advertising billboards. For permission reasons it is difficult just to use fotos from real billboards or advertisement walls. Therefore in my mind I created phantasie-products and phantasie-services and than I created advertising posters for those products and servises as texture for my billboard assets. I must say I really enjoyed it very much to carry out this creative process :)

@ N3V-Helpdesk:
Thank you very much to get my thread title fixed! I am happy to see also the last " at it :)

Your's TUME

Last edited:
Hey there Tume, is this like an update to the Municipal Transit Railway from Trainz 12 into Trainz A New Era and up?

Hello,

thank you again for your compliments!

Yes, exactly, this is a seasonal update of my Municipal Transit Railway - originally been released within Trainz 12. At the moment I am working on it at T:ANE. I guess I will need a more powerfull PC to take it over to TS19, but thats the plan :)

Your's TUME

have you thought about making more El lines and replacing the el structure to look more like the ones in NYC?

have you thought about making more El lines and replacing the el structure to look more like the ones in NYC?

Actually during the first steps this route was planned as a streetcar route exclusively. But my girlfriend back that time in 2011 watched "King of Queens" and so whatched I as well while working on the PC at that route. Inspired from the elevated subway fisible from time to time in the TV series, I decided to add such a elevated subway into my city route as well.
I really need to rework the assets for the elevated subway to maintain season change. I thought the seelt parts already looks a bit like the elevated subway in New York - but probably not close enough :) I will check fotos and google street view to investigate what I could do better on that assets.

Your's TUME

Back