RR crossings

llebrez

On my route imported from T:ANE, I see that all RR crossings have the attached road under the terrain. So, I set a test using several crossings, and attached several types of roads. All show the same effect. There are some crossings that even if the road is low at the point of spline connection, when a car goes over, it jumps up while over the crossing, continuing normally after over the road. Can a standard be made for creators to stick to set parameters? While on this, how about setting once and for all the height of cars over roads? so they don't fly over the road (wheels on the air). I know this has been discussed here over the years, and time goes by but no one does anything about it. Anyhow, after the last public SP, several things have gone South, one of them is the rail crossings. Any lights on this?

Hi llebrez,
in 2004 I made a 50 piece city road set including crossings for the dutch people
at the time we called them mocrossing, its (dont laugh) trainz-build 1.3
was 1 of the first crossings with scripted lights and bells
in those days the roads and cars needed to be at least 20cm above ground or you got flickering poly

the textures/meshes are a bit backdated now, but I still use them in TRS19
cars don't jump, they stop as expected and bells and light work. (here)
maybe you want to test, and see if the behaviour you found occurs.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/p7qb11yh3rzhzlg/RRcrossGM2004.cdp/file
package includes:
Crossing 1 track <kuid:99999:23501> NW 8S2 A Overweg1
Crossing 2 track <kuid:99999:23502> NW 8S2 A Overweg2
Road spline with sidewalks <kuid:99999:37003> NW 8S2 A Spline

Place 1 of the crossings, attach track and use the road supplied
greetings GM

Hi GM: Everything that comes from you is nice and works. These RR crossings show perfect levels, traffic has wheels exactly on the road and the spline attachment is what is supposed to be. Inevitably I have to think, is it so hard to get it right? Why the other similar assets can't get anywhere close to your exact adjustment?, or use yours as standard so we don't have these disparities? Understand that your RR crossing is basic at 90 degree, but I have situations that call for 45 degree and even 135. I have gone to the extent of using invisible road and unconnected roads so they don't go under terrain, and Pierre traffic stoppers to achieve normal crossings/stopping of vehicles.

Speaking of traffic stoppers, yours as all the others show the same fault I think you know about it: When you open a session, surveyor or driver, cars pile up and don't clear the crossing forming a mile long lineup of honking cars. Run a train pass the crossing and right after, cars start to circulate. Thereafter, there is no more traffic jam and cars behave properly. This effect is inherent of TRS19 and we did not have it before, presumably as a result of progress of science.

Anyhow, thank you very much.

Thanks for testing Llebrez,
its super old but works ;-)

btw, I use build 100240 here as main install for a reason, with SP1 we got the broken carz behaviour, specially in Surveyor
before SP1 carz worked fine (still working to disable the honking hahaha)
greetings GM

Back