TRS 19 Platinum - 40m Rapids

pitmilly

Following upgrade from standard to Platinum have reloaded a WIP route and noted that while working in Surveyor mode, this 40M Rapid asset is now motionless and silent. In Driver mode the same asset in the same location displays the appropriate water (DOWNHILL) motion and sound effect.

Am assuming that somewhere in Settings there is some switch or box that needs activation to restore this assets motion/sound in Surveyor. Can anyone point me toward a solution please? Without a remedy it's likely to finish up a case of pushing water uphill!

John

In PE version of TRS19 you need to unpause it.
Screenshot shows the location on where to unpause it:
oqLD2ON.jpg

You'll also have to repeat this for the standard versions of the game as well, as the PE features will be enabled once you log into the game.

Cheers

Hiawathamr,

We live and learn - have used 'Pause' on countless occasions but have never linked it to the movement and sound from scenic assets. Many thanks for the prompt response.

John

No problems.
I don't understand it either.. I've asked N3V, they said it was to improve performance like stopping the speedtrees, scripts from executing when an item is placed, etc.. who knows what the reason is behind it.

Cheers

The pause while in Surveyor is actually a request put in by us testers who worked with Plus, which has the Unified Driver Surveyor option (UDS). The reason for it is simple. If you are running your session in Driver and find something amiss such as a consist on the wrong track, making a fix is difficult with other consists mulling around and getting in the way.

This new setup took some getting used to, but now I don't mind working with a silent Surveyor. If I need to check signals or ATLS crossings, I will switching on the fly to Driver after putting down a consist, and test what needs to be done, then switch back to Surveyor as needed.

If you are running your session in Driver and find something amiss such as a consist on the wrong track, making a fix is difficult with other consists mulling around and getting in the way.

This new setup took some getting used to, but now I don't mind working with a silent Surveyor.

I will second that. The Pause function in Surveyor stops all animations including the switch points on procedural track.

I always switch Pause on in Driver before switching to Surveyor and then back to Driver where I switch Pause back off again.

Back