TurFX and Clutter not showing

Relick

Hi All.
TRS19 Build 110491.

I am not able to get TurFX or Clutter working on my own route.
I have tried and tried and tried to get both of these working but no luck.
Any suggestions or advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance Ray (Relick)

Ray,

Check your graphic and performance settings. If they are not set to medium and up, you won't have either. This is also video card dependent, I think. What video card are you using?

John.

I am using Nvidia Geforce GTX970 with 4 Gb Ram.
As far as I am aware I am running on High video settings.
The silly thing is that TurFx and Clutter shows just fine on the routes included in TRS19.

Cheers Ray

Did your Turf-Fx settings work before in previous versions?

Try these settings here and see if they work. I know these work for me.

Long Grass settings.JPG

I had never used Turf-Fx on any of my previous versions, I was happy enough to play around and build my own routes.
I have tried your settings and managed to get one little area to show some effects.
I also painstakingly copied the settings off of one of the inbuilt routes, This gave me some effects also.
I have done a screen print of your settings and I will have another try later, when I have more energy and less brain fog (illness related)

Thanks again and I will reply further to you when and if I get better results.

Cheers

I had never used Turf-Fx on any of my previous versions, I was happy enough to play around and build my own routes.
I have tried your settings and managed to get one little area to show some effects.
I also painstakingly copied the settings off of one of the inbuilt routes, This gave me some effects also.
I have done a screen print of your settings and I will have another try later, when I have more energy and less brain fog (illness related)

Thanks again and I will reply further to you when and if I get better results.

Cheers

I can relate to the brain fog and I nap a lot unfortunately as well which ruins anything I want to get done. Mine is also illness and medication related. Life is fun when it gets in the way!

I'm glad you could get the settings to work. You can play around with those and come up with different grass. I have shorter and thicker as well as yellow grass. I have also found that what appears to be "thin" in Surveyor from a distance is a lot thicker on the ground especially in Driver.

I treat the grass as I would grass splines and only use it where I can see it because it can cause performance issues if there's too much of it.

Another day and another disaster.
Yesterday I quickly put together a simple route covering 4 squares of land.
applied textures etc as well as attempting to set up turfx and clutter.
Absolute failure. textures shown up but no turfx or clutter.
I went to the extreme of backing up my routes etc and completely uninstalling TRS19, using Revo uninstaller (an excellent bit of software).
The I reinstalled TRS 19 from scratch. Moved my routes etc and booted TRS19.
TurFX again shows fine on included routes but nothing on my 4 square layout or on my main route.

I am not able to understand why this is happening.

Any other thoughts or ideas?

Cheers

Hi Relick
a little test:
-from DLS get: <kuid:806431:564423> TurFX - wlad1 grass - Seasonal
-go to your new route in surveyor,
-open topology tab(f1) open advanced, click "add/edit effect layer"
-make new effect layer grass1, click V
-in the new screen, select turfx-asset, from the drop down select [TurfX-wlad1 grass -Seasonal], click V
-press the Height up button. a large white circle appears
-press left mouse button for a while and zoom in

see grass now?
hope it works for you
greetings GM

Hi GM
Thanks for your suggestion.

Unfortunately it did not show anything.

I am stumped, routes included in TRS19 show TurFX and Clutter, but my own route and a the quick test route I created are not showing any TurFX or Clutter.

To be honest I am lost as to what is or isn't happening.

Greetings Ray (Relick)

Weird Ray,
obviously your PC can handle and show turfx
if you clone the content sample layout, can you add more turfx ?

This sounds like a graphics memory issue. I remember my laptop with the GTX980 having difficulties processing Turf-FX grass. Grass showed initially, but as time went on, it disappeared when the scenery got more complex.

Hi GM. I have just cloned a rote and it appears that I can not add more turfx.

Maybe I will just have to settle without turfx.

Cheers and Thanks for your help

Hi John. Yes, it does look like a graphics card issue. much to my disappointment.

Thanks for your help.

I have an nVidia GTX1050 Ti which also only has 4GB of ram, and no problem adding TuftFX. But may also depend on your video settings.

Hi GM.
At last I can report that I am able to apply TurFX and Clutter to my route.
I have to admit the reason I couldn't was an ID 10 T (idiot) error on my behalf. I was not applying the TurFX correctly.
I had my wife stand over me as tried for a final time and she pointed out my mistake.

So I have to offer you a huge thanks for your input and most valued assistance.

Regards Ray.

Hi John
The issue is now fixed.
Please see my reply to GM.
Thanks John for your input and assistance

Regards Ray.

Good news Ray,
thought i had explained step by step :)
you will never forget, the best lesson is by making mistakes
greetings GM

Hi John
The issue is now fixed.
Please see my reply to GM.
Thanks John for your input and assistance

Regards Ray.

Congratulations!

It wasn't you; it's the unintuitive interface that does it all the time. One day, after playing around with it and not being able to get things to work any other time, something clicked and everything worked Don't be so hard on yourself!

Back