Multiple industry only loads once !?!?

Hello all:

I have a route setup with three multi-industry basic to supply one powerstation. I set the commodities to consume at 0. All commodities, with the exception of coal, to produce at 0. Coal is set to produce maximum. The coal trains will load the first time but will not load on subsequent trips. I can run the train manually and stop it at the multi-industry and it will load. I might mention that I set the coal trains to run under AI.
Does a multi industry need to consume something to produce coal? I think not.

any ideas anyone ?

Thanks, Durff

Hello all:

I have a route setup with three multi-industry basic to supply one powerstation. I set the commodities to consume at 0. All commodities, with the exception of coal, to produce at 0. Coal is set to produce maximum. The coal trains will load the first time but will not load on subsequent trips. I can run the train manually and stop it at the multi-industry and it will load. I might mention that I set the coal trains to run under AI.
Does a multi industry need to consume something to produce coal? I think not.

any ideas anyone ?

Thanks, Durff

Maybe consider changing the three multi-industry basic to one of the newer ones. I made one that addresses some bugs / deficiencies;

<kuid:647907:100648> CDE Multiple Industry New

See these posts;

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?161915-MIN-problem&highlight=cde+multiple#15
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?161416-CDE-Multiple-Industry-New

Last edited:
Maybe consider changing the three multi-industry basic to one of the newer ones. I made one that addresses some bugs / deficiencies;

<kuid:647907:100648> CDE Multiple Industry New

Christopher:

Thanks for the suggestion, but for my old brain it was too complicated to setup. I'll just install a coal mine and see if that works.

It seems like the problem with the multi industry is that the train does not stop to let the hoppers fill with coal. They continue rolling at reduced speed as if loading at a coal mine. When stopped manually, they load just fine.

Thanks again, Durff

Last edited:
Multiple Industry types really aren't that hard to set up, although a little practice is needed if you're not used to them. They need to be of the newest types, and are very common in routes that have industry. I'm shocked at so many payware routes not having any industry. As for your AI problem, I suspect it's not set up correctly as they know if they need to stop to load, so you should have orders to 'navigate to' with the name of the industry, then 'load'. The question is what multiple industry are you using? Kuid number required as there are so many.

If your M.I.N. is not working the next time you visit it to load the commodity needed, perhaps you haven't configured it to replenish/ (Produce) the required commodity between visits?
Heartily recommend using <kuid:647907:100648> CDE Multiple Industry New by Christopher824 available from the DLS.
These work really well for up to 6 different commodities/ queues per track.

Back