Trainz Plus/TRS19 Beta 111603 (PC), 111609 (Mac) and 111604 (Steam) now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
The next update is now ready for testing:
Trainz Plus/TRS19 SP3 Beta Build 111341 to Trainz Plus/TRS19 SP3 Beta 111603
Also the Steam Beta is ready (this will auto update if you have that setting enabled).

Update Mar 3: The Mac version from 111343 to 111516 to 111609 is now available.

MAC USERS:
If you have a problem with this update, please also include the "Metal device name" information from the logs in your report.
1. With the game window open, click Developer > Show logs
2. Type in "Metal" into the search box
3. Highlight the line that starts with "Metal device name"
4. Click Edit > Copy to copy the text to your clipboard.
5. Paste the log info into your report.

Not a huge list with this update, as there aren't many bug reports coming in (so that's a good thin meaning we're close to release) . The majority of our work is currently focussed on the next major features to be introduced.

Changelist:
  • Fixed an issue where certain assets would display incorrectly
  • Fixed an assertion loading into Sebino
  • Inserting spline points no longer re-positions trains\trackside objects
  • Vehicle.SetMaximumTractiveEffort() now working
  • Several MPS server fixes
  • Several MPS content fixes (Sebino)
  • Resolved an error showing on Mac for faulty content
  • Fixed a MP chat UI issue
  • Several MP Driver replication manager updates
  • Fixed a CTD when moving vehicles decoupled in the middle of a consist

Reported issues with no repro: (if you're able to provide more information on how to repro these issues, please let us know)
  • MP desync after an hour with 10+ users
  • Thumbnail listing resetting when scrolling
  • Freeze when deleting track in large yards (perhaps track or route specific)

Last edited:
Patch took seconds to apply - following many minutes backing up the previous build to another SSD.
Precaching assets in TrainzUtil took just over 3 minutes.
All my settings preferences retained. No new 'faulties' or 'Open for edits'.
The usual Assertion dialogs appear for each route and session as per previous build.
Test session opened quickly and ran smoothly.
Looks great so far...

Installed fine without any new faults so far
The spline problem in build 111341 still occurring
The problem exists in all splines when deleting not just track ( also happening in 111341 ) after checking.
Roughly about 3-5 second delay before a spline is deleted and other splines reappear once clicked on

Cannot repro the track spline redraw or deletion issue with either Build 111341 or 111603 no matter how hard I try.
Redraws and deletions - even in busy areas - are near instantaneous.
This is with all the eye-candy features turned up to max with the exception of Post Processing, which I have set to Low.
Draw Distance set to 15000m.
May I ask exactly which track splines (Kuid and name of track type) are exhibiting this issue in your experience?
My experiments have all been with the latest variants of procedural track for both TRS19 and T:ANE (to see if the underlying pbr grid had a role to play here).
Have not tried to replicate this with road, catenary or fence splines yet...

Using two tracks over the whole route ( file size 156.4 mb )

<kuid2:661281:44227:11> TRS19 Track Concrete 3 Procedural – Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:44169:3> TRS19 Trk Jarrah 2 - Procedural - Seasonal

Draw Distance 6000
Scenery/Tree High
Post Ultra

The amount of scenery in the area has no effect on whats happening .

Just tried deleting sections of track and splines at random in one location
locked up and had to alt/ctrl/del to get out ( but could still see ripples on water )

Cool - thanks, big_b.
For my experiments, I was using the <kuid2:661281:44262:11> TRS19 Track Concrete 4 Procedural - Seasonal, and <kuid2:523:1116:5> TANE Trk Concrete.
Will do a bulk update to the ones you used and see what happens.
Mine was on a somewhat smaller, but heavily detailed & scenic route of 183MB file size of about 100 miles between two large cities with quite a few industries in between. Extra track was added to an existing yard.
Wonder if your splines were affected by the recent changes N3V made to the treatment of spline curves/ track and then later reverted to the legacy methods in beta 111341?

Edit Update: Bulk updates occurred with no discernible time delay. However, found that deleting some of the TANE track splines took longer than usual (i.e. up to a second or so). The spline joins disappeared instantly and then shortly afterwards, the track in between disappeared. Is that what you're seeing too?
Clutching at straws here, but: Seems to suggest that the TANE procedural tracks use up more resources when present in TRS19 routes and may have something to do with their interaction with PBR textures/ the TRS19 PBR grid.
Certainly, I stopped using TANE Trk Oak procedural track long ago because of its problematic moirés in TRS19.

Here's something to test: Try setting your Post Processing to 'Low' on the Trainz Settings performance tab and repeat your experiment. (You'll need to restart after changing the setting...)

Last edited:
Made no difference : The most populated area in the route 3000 mts x 2500 mts . Even house splines are dropping out when deleting
A lot of the route is still not textured and is basically circular with dual track . Could have something to do with so much in a smaller area verses a long point to point route

Clock does not display in Driver after viewing Map.

- Launch Session. Clock is working as expected in top RH corner.
- Hit "M" for map. View map.
- Hit "M" again to return to Driver and there is no clock.

Reproduced in 3 Payware routes I tried:
- Kickstarter 2
- TS19 Port Zyd
- Cornish Mainline

Driver Window - no scrollbar. Cannot view more than 3 drivers.

TS19 Port Zyd session with Portals: I have 6 active Drivers (Player and 5 AI trains emitted from Portal) driving trains. Driver window shows the "Player" driver and 2 AI drivers. There is no Scrollbar offered to view other Drivers. I cannot click on edge of window to get a scrollbar. Window cannot be "pulled down" or enlarged to show more than 3 Drivers.

EDIT: In 110491 the Scrollbar in the driver window automatically shows as soon as the 4th driver pops out of a portal.

Last edited:
Installed OK, however on checking installed in Manage content, the green progress bar along with the rotating busy indicator has been continuously active for 15 minutes and still going, nothing showing in Resource monitor relating to disk, Network activity for TRS19 around 13% CPU for TRS19.
Still doing the same after closing, restarting and doing a Rebuild Database.

Anyone else seeing similar?

All of the new white scroll bars are now missing!!!

It would seem I am telling little porkies. It's the vertical scroll bars that seem to be missing, horizontal scroll bars are working fine.

Last edited:
Installed OK, however on checking installed in Manage content, the green progress bar along with the rotating busy indicator has been continuously active for 15 minutes and still going, nothing showing in Resource monitor relating to disk, Network activity for TRS19 around 13% CPU for TRS19.

I see busy indicator and the green bar "flash" on about every 2-3 seconds. It's only a quick "flash." Looking at Mod and Install dates I see no assets actually changing or being added. Item count is not changing. Been doing this for several minutes now.

4 to 9% CPU Usage - 0% Network

Mine is doing that as well. I thought maybe there was some validation going on, but the log shows no activity either.

Mine is doing that as well. I thought maybe there was some validation going on, but the log shows no activity either.

Still doing it now for 45 minutes or so, during which time I've cleaned the oven, put the washing machine on and made a cup of coffee.

And no it's not Windows Defender as all Trainz stuff excluded and it's not running at the moment anyway.

Still doing it now for 45 minutes or so, during which time I've cleaned the oven, put the washing machine on and made a cup of coffee.

And no it's not Windows Defender as all Trainz stuff excluded and it's not running at the moment anyway.

Mine is still doing it as well. The good news is it doesn't appear to affect any performance while in Surveyor at least. I loaded up a substantial route and did some spline adjusting and track moving. The track blanking and refresh is still there, however.

When updating from build 111341 to build 111603 I got an assertion dialog. I clicked ignore and continue and everything appears to be fine.

As others have mentioned I no longer have a scroll bar in the driver selection box however I can scroll through all of them using the mouse.

So far all the routes I have tested appear to run as expected.

PAUSED

The "PAUSED" is very .. agressive to the eye. The older was more eye comfortable. Just increase the font of the older a bit? But then again, it's probably only the impact on me :p
Lockheed

lockheed02 - The Paused notification text is now also outlined, and besides being much larger, stands out better against the background - especially winter snow scenes, etc.
You'll see that there has been similar treatment to most of the other text labels and icons in the Driver's HUD and on Maps, though the size hasn't changed quite so much, thank goodness.

1611mac - To get the clock back following a visit to Map View, simply choose Focus on Driver in the Driver list to restore the clock again (until the next time you go to Map View!) Any Driver will do...
This problem was first noticed a couple of betas ago and is still not fixed.
Cannot recall whether we also had the clock visible in the Map View previously, which would be quite handy in any event, as I often spend a large amount of time in Map View overseeing & supervising a large number of AI drivers all around the route.

Last edited:
One one of my routes in driver mode I am now getting the red bug showing in the bottom right corner. Haven’t seen this critter for awhile. The route runs as expected and the red bug disappears once I “x” it out. The red bug mainly indicates scripting issues with commodities. The ones I have checked out don’t indicate any faults and are up to date. Maybe all this will go away in the final release and assertions are turned off.

The route I am testing is Alma Valley by Dave Snow which is available on the DLS.

Release Assertions- 111603 Edit. Problem found. The asset SRV R711 is causing the AJS superscript library error.
When the locomotive (and tender) were replaced with another locomotive the error no longer appeared.

I am getting a Debug message in my wip route for <Kuid2:122285:508:23> AJS superscript Library.
There were 19 train schedules for this route, prior to deleting one for testing as mentioned below.

This debug message does not happen in build 110491

This is what I have found:

1.Swapped out drivers incase this was causing the issue, but there is no change to the script error.

2.An additional command added to a driver schedule done in "Edit Session" is not carried over into the driving session.
The edit session is saved prior to exiting then loading "Drive session".
The default schedule shows in Drive session

3.Deleted the driver schedule completely but not the train, saved and exited.
Loaded "Drive session"
The commands were still in "Drive session" for the vehicle and the locomotive followed the commands.

4. Tried step 2 with another train and the result is the same along with the debug message

Debug log

Session bug log

Drive to station added:

New command change is not carried over into Driving session:

Last edited:
Back