Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trainz Plus/TRS19 Beta 111603 (PC), 111609 (Mac) and 111604 (Steam) now available

Let me give you some more info to try and help with the scrolling issue.

In a window there is no problem.

Click on the square box top right and expand to fill the screen and then try and scroll to the bottom.

It just keeps returning to the same place, cannot reach the end.

Hope this helps you a bit more.

Graham
    Member of TCWW and Trainz DE

Enthusiast, not expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Big_b - what screen resolution are you using? Perhaps that affects something?
    Windows set at 3840 x 2160

Trainz

1024 x 786 : 60Hz

have tried 1920 x 1080 & 2560 x 1440 with no change to jumping
    Last edited by big_b; March 4th, 2021 at 05:39 AM.
    CFI A1120 Pharaoh Evo
    Intel Core I7 8700k
    Win10 64bit
    ASRock Fatility Z370 Gaming K6
    Nvidia GTX 1080ti 32gb 3200

For those experiencing scrolling issues using your mouse / mouse wheel when displaying thumbnails in Content Manager, suggest try keyboard combos instead occasionally.
    Use Page Up, Page Down and Ctrl+Home or Ctrl+End to navigate the list following your initial selection of an asset thumbnail.
    (It doesn't completely fix the issue, but it is easier to control the 'bounces' !)

Just found something while playing around with the screen
    If CM takes up the full screen area available on the monitor ( or TV in my case )it jumps.But by decreasing the CM screen by just a couple of mm the jumping stops.
    CFI A1120 Pharaoh Evo
    Intel Core I7 8700k
    Win10 64bit
    ASRock Fatility Z370 Gaming K6
    Nvidia GTX 1080ti 32gb 3200

Build 111609

2014 Mac mini

Metal device name:Intel Iris Graphics lowPower:YES removable:NO headless:NO unifiedMemory:YES location:MTLDeviceLocationBuiltIn gpuFamily:MTLGPUFamilyMac1

4.2-10.5 FPS Kickstarter fossil fuel session.
    2nd run 3.8-6.8.
    Running long photos database rebuild, so not a true test. I figure the database rebuild will take a week. Overall I think there was an FPS improvement and it will show better improvement once Photos is done.

2020 ASi M1 Mac mini

Metal device name:Apple M1 lowPower:NO removable:NO headless:NO unifiedMemory:YES location:MTLDeviceLocationBuiltIn gpuFamily:MTLGPUFamilyMac2

22.5-53.1 FPS Kickstarter fossil fuel session.

Improved FPS back to where build 110923 was.

Trainz 2019 Big Sur. M1 Macs
    2014 Mac Mini 8gb ram, Intel 1536MB
    2014 Air 8gb memory, Intel 1536MB
    T Driver 2 iPhone SE2 iOS14

Quote Originally Posted by big_b View Post
    Just found something while playing around with the screen
    If CM takes up the full screen area available on the monitor ( or TV in my case )it jumps.But by decreasing the CM screen by just a couple of mm the jumping stops.

That's what I also found.
    see post #31
    Member of TCWW and Trainz DE

Enthusiast, not expert.

Just a note for Tony/N3V - I can't reproduce the CM "jump" in my copy of 111603. I do however continue to have the "flashing" green update bar show for a split second every 2-3 seconds. But CM manager does not jump, in list view or thumbnail. Full screen or not.
    Last edited by 1611mac; March 4th, 2021 at 09:08 AM.
    Greg
    TRS19 gold/plus - SP2, Plus-111951, Plus Beta-112778
    WIN10 GTX 1060-6 Windforce
    - also OSX installs: iMac, MBP

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
    Just a note for Tony/N3V - I can't reproduce the CM "jump" in my copy of 111603. I do however continue to have the "flashing" green update bar show for a split second every 2-3 seconds. But CM manager does not jump, in list view or thumbnail. Full screen or not.
    This is exactly what I have found as well.

I noticed there's a correlation between the green bar flicker and a burst of CPU activity -- I watched that in Process Explorer. There is no disk activity though, just some CPU pulsing. It doesn't seem to affect performance though which is good, but it is annoying.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

Hi all,

Since the last 2 updates, trains derail inside the re-rail portal while producing, while they did not in build 110491

Anyone got this before?
    Frank
    Belgian Trainz Fan since 2006
    Tane Build 105096
    TRS19 Build 111951

I am testing a route that works as expected in build 110491 and produces trains from the portal. In build 111603 the portal emits trains with missing cars, some trains emit and then go back into the portal, and some emit part of a train without the locomotive.

For this route I am using "Central Portal Control" <kuid2:117765:10139>, which is a built-in asset.

For those trains which are emitted from the portal some show a picture of the caboose instead of the locomotive.

It appears that the portal function got broken in this build making it unusable, at least for me.
    Last edited by Paul_Bert; March 4th, 2021 at 05:36 PM.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Bert View Post
    I am testing a route that works as expected in build 110491 and produces trains from the portal. In build 111603 the portal emits trains with missing cars, some trains emit and then go back into the portal, and some emit part of a train without the locomotive.

For this route I am using "Central Portal Control" <kuid2:117765:10139>, which is a built-in asset.

For those trains which are emitted from the portal some show a picture of the caboose instead of the locomotive.

It appears that the portal function got broken in this build making it unusable, at least for me.
    Yup this is the same with portals in general so the CPC isn't to blame. The QA Team is aware of the portal issue.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

Fyi, the green progress bar is fixed. (It was a new bug that caused the list to constantly refresh the listing).

The jump back up the list, even at full screen, requires dragging past the end of the scroll bar to repro here. If you stop at the bottom, it doesn't reset.

QA will check out portals - thanks for the reports.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Quote Originally Posted by capdiamont View Post
    Build 111609

2014 Mac mini
    Metal device name:Intel Iris Graphics lowPower:YES removable:NO headless:NO unifiedMemory:YES location:MTLDeviceLocationBuiltIn gpuFamily:MTLGPUFamilyMac1
    I couldn't find any info on Mac Mini 2014's having an integrated Radeon https://everymac.com/systems/apple/m...x-macmini.html
    Is the Radeon connected via an eGPU?
    If using an eGPU the app can be configured to use the eGPU by selecting "Get Info" on the app icon/file then checking "Prefer External GPU".
    An alternative is to plug the eGPU's display connector to the screen if not already and setting it to be the primary display. Go to "System Preferences" -> "Displays" -> "Arrangement" drag the top menu bar to the screen that is plugged into the eGPU.

Please let us know how you get on.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    I couldn't find any info on Mac Mini 2014's having an integrated Radeon https://everymac.com/systems/apple/m...x-macmini.html
    Is the Radeon connected via an eGPU?
    If using an eGPU the app can be configured to use the eGPU by selecting "Get Info" on the app icon/file then checking "Prefer External GPU".
    An alternative is to plug the eGPU's display connector to the screen if not already and setting it to be the primary display. Go to "System Preferences" -> "Displays" -> "Arrangement" drag the top menu bar to the screen that is plugged into the eGPU.

Please let us know how you get on.
    Both of my Macs are using the internal GPU. The 2014 uses Intel Iris which is Metal capable GPU. The 2014 has Thunderbolt 2. Only Intel Macs with Thunderbolt 3 or above can use eGPUs. ASi Macs can’t use eGPUs yet.
    Last edited by capdiamont; March 5th, 2021 at 03:53 AM.
    Trainz 2019 Big Sur. M1 Macs
    2014 Mac Mini 8gb ram, Intel 1536MB
    2014 Air 8gb memory, Intel 1536MB
    T Driver 2 iPhone SE2 iOS14

United States of America, Calif., Greenville
    Blog Entries

I do believe I have found a repeatable bug.
    I have tried this out with 2 different sessions using the UMR2021 Route.
    Using an existing session, open it as if to Edit. Now try to switch to Driver, every time I do this the program does not read the Junctions properly. A flag says "cannot find rout, Junction #### missing lever".

DaveL
    This is NOT a Test, I hope!