Trainz Plus/TRS19 Beta 111603 (PC), 111609 (Mac) and 111604 (Steam) now available

I am testing a route that works as expected in build 110491 and produces trains from the portal. In build 111603 the portal emits trains with missing cars, some trains emit and then go back into the portal, and some emit part of a train without the locomotive.

For this route I am using "Central Portal Control" <kuid2:117765:10139>, which is a built-in asset.

For those trains which are emitted from the portal some show a picture of the caboose instead of the locomotive.

It appears that the portal function got broken in this build making it unusable, at least for me.

Yup this is the same with portals in general so the CPC isn't to blame. The QA Team is aware of the portal issue.

Fyi, the green progress bar is fixed. (It was a new bug that caused the list to constantly refresh the listing).

The jump back up the list, even at full screen, requires dragging past the end of the scroll bar to repro here. If you stop at the bottom, it doesn't reset.

QA will check out portals - thanks for the reports.

Build 111609

2014 Mac mini
Metal device name:Intel Iris Graphics lowPower:YES removable:NO headless:NO unifiedMemory:YES location:MTLDeviceLocationBuiltIn gpuFamily:MTLGPUFamilyMac1

I couldn't find any info on Mac Mini 2014's having an integrated Radeon https://everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_mini/index-macmini.html
Is the Radeon connected via an eGPU?
If using an eGPU the app can be configured to use the eGPU by selecting "Get Info" on the app icon/file then checking "Prefer External GPU".
An alternative is to plug the eGPU's display connector to the screen if not already and setting it to be the primary display. Go to "System Preferences" -> "Displays" -> "Arrangement" drag the top menu bar to the screen that is plugged into the eGPU.

Please let us know how you get on.

I couldn't find any info on Mac Mini 2014's having an integrated Radeon https://everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_mini/index-macmini.html
Is the Radeon connected via an eGPU?
If using an eGPU the app can be configured to use the eGPU by selecting "Get Info" on the app icon/file then checking "Prefer External GPU".
An alternative is to plug the eGPU's display connector to the screen if not already and setting it to be the primary display. Go to "System Preferences" -> "Displays" -> "Arrangement" drag the top menu bar to the screen that is plugged into the eGPU.

Please let us know how you get on.

Both of my Macs are using the internal GPU. The 2014 uses Intel Iris which is Metal capable GPU. The 2014 has Thunderbolt 2. Only Intel Macs with Thunderbolt 3 or above can use eGPUs. ASi Macs can’t use eGPUs yet.

Last edited:
I do believe I have found a repeatable bug.
I have tried this out with 2 different sessions using the UMR2021 Route.
Using an existing session, open it as if to Edit. Now try to switch to Driver, every time I do this the program does not read the Junctions properly. A flag says "cannot find rout, Junction #### missing lever".

DaveL

This is happening with Shortline Railroad TRS19 version.
SP3 is throwing lots of errors at me..
I also noticed that after running this through TCCP that it does save any vehicle properities.
N3V has access to this since its in the TCCP

None of this happens in SP2.

Code:
- <NULL> : CheckTrackside.SetProperties> Failed to load train 0 using legacy name data: 50ft Boxcar DRGW 63770 1 (file gs.gs)
  ; <NULL> : Script class: Interface
  ; <NULL> : Object: GSGameObject{0x3481eb60; class:GSClass{0x327bcfe8: Interface}, refcount:3}
  ; <NULL> : Script callstack
    ; <NULL> : function $void@GameObject::Exception(string), line -1
    ; <NULL> : function $void@CheckTrackside::SetProperties(Soup), line 559
- <NULL> : CheckTrackside.SetProperties> Failed to load train 0 using legacy name data: 50ft Boxcar MB 4067 1 (file gs.gs)
  ; <NULL> : Object: GSGameObject{0x3481eb60; class:GSClass{0x327bcfe8: Interface}, refcount:3}
- <NULL> : CheckTrackside.SetProperties> Failed to load train 0 using legacy name data: 50ft Boxcar MB 4067 1 (file gs.gs)
- <NULL> : CheckTrackside.SetProperties> Failed to load train 0 using legacy name data: 50ft Boxcar AERC 5223 1 (file gs.gs)
- <NULL> : CheckTrackside.SetProperties> Failed to load train 0 using legacy name data: 50ft Boxcar AWP 51124 1 (file gs.gs)
- <kuid2:122381:10011:6> : File checktrackside.gs, Line 138, ER_NullReference
  ; <kuid2:122381:10011:6> : Script class: CheckTrackside
  ; <kuid2:122381:10011:6> : Object: ScriptableObject{0xb1d9ed68; asset:SpecReference{<kuid2:122381:10011:6> "Check Trackside"}, class:GSClass{0xa9a56428: CheckTrackside}, refcount:3}
  ; <kuid2:122381:10011:6> : Script callstack
    ; <kuid2:122381:10011:6> : function $bool@CheckTrackside::DoesTrainMatchFilter(Train), line 122
    ; <kuid2:122381:10011:6> : function $void@CheckTrackside::ObjectHandler(Message), line 185
- <kuid2:122381:10011:6> : File checktrackside.gs, Line 138, ER_NullReference
  ; <kuid2:122381:10011:6> : Script class: CheckTrackside
  ; <kuid2:122381:10011:6> : Object: ScriptableObject{0xb1da0e08; asset:SpecReference{<kuid2:122381:10011:6> "Check Trackside"}, class:GSClass{0xa9a56428: CheckTrackside}, refcount:3}
  ; <kuid2:122381:10011:6> : Script callstack
    ; <kuid2:122381:10011:6> : function $bool@CheckTrackside::DoesTrainMatchFilter(Train), line 122
    ; <kuid2:122381:10011:6> : function $void@CheckTrackside::ObjectHandler(Message), line 185

Not happy if I have to rescript all of the sessions, then I might as well just exclude all of the sessions and just send the route in.
Cheers

This is happening with Shortline Railroad TRS19 version.
SP3 is throwing lots of errors at me..
I also noticed that after running this through TCCP that it does save any vehicle properities.
N3V has access to this since its in the TCCP

None of this happens in SP2.

Code:
Not happy if I have to rescript all of the sessions, then I might as well just exclude all of the sessions and just send the route in.
Cheers

Don't do anything just yet. Report this as a bug and let N3V figure it out because the sessions work fine in the current live version.

When I read the errors something clicked... I had just seen "Trackside" somewhere...

I checked my assets and v6 "Check Trackside" rule was installed yesterday. It was uploaded Feb 17. Maybe try going back to v5 until it's worked out?

I also noticed that as well after running it through the TCCP that nothing worked anymore..
I would love to go back to v5, but the TCCP build machine will grab v6 since its the most recent...
I guess I can change most of the check trackside with wait for nav for those, and others use trackside check for rolling stock / locomotive requirements..

Cheers

My results with the Mac Beta are as follows.

111609 gives 25-30 fps render - the simulation is playable, however 110495 Mac had 45-50 fps render.

Kickstarter County 2, 01 Highland Limited, after driving a minute or so for the second time.

MBP 15" 2018, 2.6 GHz 6-Core i7, 16 GB, Intel 630 and Radeon Pro 560X, no second screen attached

The 111609 log line shows that the Radeon is running, although Activity Monitor still shows 'No' for this GPU (110495 however showed 'Yes'):

; <NULL> : Metal device name:AMD Radeon Pro 560X lowPower:NO removable:NO headless:NO unifiedMemory:NO location:MTLDeviceLocationBuiltIn gpuFamily:MTLGPUFamilyMac2

Perhaps the performance drop and the wrong indication in Activity Monitor are related?

Last edited:
jgiessen - we haven't been able to reproduce any drop in fps on a similar setup.
Do you still have 110495 installed?
If so could you please double check all the performance settings in the launcher and also in-game to ensure everything is identical and run the test again.
i.e. shadows, textures, draw distance, scenery sliders etc.
Also reboot your system before running the test and ensure no other apps are running a the same time.

There is a setting in Settings -> Battery -> Automatic graphics switching. This means the system will switch between the high powered and low powered GPU when it decides to optimize battery use. It may be possible the system has switched off the Radeon GPU?
(I did some searching on Google where some people have reported with other Mac apps they need to uncheck the Automatic graphics switching). Please advise if this helps.

Last edited:
jgiessen - we haven't been able to reproduce any drop in fps on a similar setup.
Do you still have 110495 installed?
I have a TRS19_SP2_MAC_110495.dmg installer file at hand and then let the patcher do its work. The settings, both in the Launcher and in the Driver, are identical. I am not so sure about the reboots but will try them as well, also the automatic graphics switching. If it is handy I can produce a detailed log with screen prints and issue that as a bug report.

Hi everyone.
Just wanted to ask, Tony, if the official patch release close or not. I wanted to share some of my sessions, but I was stupid enough to save them in 4.8, so it wouldn't work for most people. How long should we wait for the official SP3 ?

Cheers.
Nickolas.

RJArtrim - Are you selecting the line profile with your mouse pointer and then holding down the Ctrl key whilst using the mouse wheel?
Still works correctly here...

Last edited:
I found out that I cannot zoom in and out of the Track Profile. I used to be able to do this before this latest update.

It works fine here. Are you sure it isn't coincidental mouse wheel wheel death? I had that happen a few versions back and I thought I had issues as well until I went to scroll in another program and it didn't.

Back