Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainz Plus/TRS19 Beta 111603 (PC), 111609 (Mac) and 111604 (Steam) now available

When updating from build 111341 to build 111603 I got an assertion dialog. I clicked ignore and continue and everything appears to be fine.

As others have mentioned I no longer have a scroll bar in the driver selection box however I can scroll through all of them using the mouse.

So far all the routes I have tested appear to run as expected.

Default PAUSED

The "PAUSED" is very .. agressive to the eye. The older was more eye comfortable. Just increase the font of the older a bit? But then again, it's probably only the impact on me :P
    Lockheed

lockheed02 - The Paused notification text is now also outlined, and besides being much larger, stands out better against the background - especially winter snow scenes, etc.
    You'll see that there has been similar treatment to most of the other text labels and icons in the Driver's HUD and on Maps, though the size hasn't changed quite so much, thank goodness.

1611mac - To get the clock back following a visit to Map View, simply choose Focus on Driver in the Driver list to restore the clock again (until the next time you go to Map View!) Any Driver will do...
    This problem was first noticed a couple of betas ago and is still not fixed.
    Cannot recall whether we also had the clock visible in the Map View previously, which would be quite handy in any event, as I often spend a large amount of time in Map View overseeing & supervising a large number of AI drivers all around the route.
    Last edited by PC_Ace; March 2nd, 2021 at 03:39 PM.

One one of my routes in driver mode I am now getting the red bug showing in the bottom right corner. Haven’t seen this critter for awhile. The route runs as expected and the red bug disappears once I “x” it out. The red bug mainly indicates scripting issues with commodities. The ones I have checked out don’t indicate any faults and are up to date. Maybe all this will go away in the final release and assertions are turned off.

The route I am testing is Alma Valley by Dave Snow which is available on the DLS.

Release Assertions- 111603 Edit. Problem found. The asset SRV R711 is causing the AJS superscript library error.
    When the locomotive (and tender) were replaced with another locomotive the error no longer appeared.

I am getting a Debug message in my wip route for <Kuid2:122285:508:23> AJS superscript Library.
    There were 19 train schedules for this route, prior to deleting one for testing as mentioned below.

This debug message does not happen in build 110491

This is what I have found:

1.Swapped out drivers incase this was causing the issue, but there is no change to the script error.

2.An additional command added to a driver schedule done in "Edit Session" is not carried over into the driving session.
    The edit session is saved prior to exiting then loading "Drive session".
    The default schedule shows in Drive session

3.Deleted the driver schedule completely but not the train, saved and exited.
    Loaded "Drive session"
    The commands were still in "Drive session" for the vehicle and the locomotive followed the commands.

4. Tried step 2 with another train and the result is the same along with the debug message

Debug log

Session bug log

Drive to station added:

New command change is not carried over into Driving session:

Last edited by ARhian7; March 12th, 2021 at 03:19 PM. Reason: reason for bug error found
    "Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day."

Thanks for the feedback >

Some follow up:

1. Clock does not display in Driver after viewing Map.
    >>
    Thanks (disappears when hitting M actually)

2. Driver scroll bar (and scroll thumb has reverted
    back to black on black)
    >>
    Thanks

3. Paused text
    >> I agree. Will see what I can do.

4. Green bar flashing in CM
    >>
    Check your cache folder. I expect it is grabbing new DLS listings.

Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; March 2nd, 2021 at 07:26 PM.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post

4. Green bar flashing in CM
    >>
    Check your cache folder. I expect it is grabbing new DLS listings.

Unlikely when there is no network / internet activity, deleted contents anyway and no difference, it's permanently flashing.
    Malc

Hi Tony - Can you please add Build 111603 to the Bug Report dropdown list?

Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    Unlikely when there is no network / internet activity, deleted contents anyway and no difference, it's permanently flashing.
    Same here although after deleting the flashing bar is slower than before and more visible and doesn't stop
    but still jumping back up the list every time the bar flashes as previously reported
    CFI A1120 Pharaoh Evo
    Intel Core I7 8700k
    Win10 64bit
    ASRock Fatility Z370 Gaming K6
    Nvidia GTX 1080ti 32gb 3200

Quote Originally Posted by big_b View Post
    Same here although after deleting the flashing bar is slower than before and more visible and doesn't stop
    but still jumping back up the list every time the bar flashes as previously reported

Same here, scrolling to the end of a selected list in thumbnail mode in CM is impossible.
    Using scroll wheel or dragging down on the scroll bar to the right you get the same result, jumping back upscreen.
    Member of TCWW and Trainz DE

Enthusiast, not expert.

yes cm is not ok like that, started a multiplayer session with builtin kickstarter Country 2 when session starts it shows an error, but seemed to work for 10 minutes alone in the game ...
    another test, import of my route and save to 4.8, after that starting the session is not possible, lots of errors with the loads in the log, after nearly an hour loading session started, the trains spreaded to trackless area over the map, no way to repair for me, finished testing here and waiting for the next beta ...

schnackel - can you repeat the steps and submit a detailed bug report here Trainz Bug Report. Otherwise it's likely the same issue will exist in the next build (since no-one else has reported this issue).
    How did you import the route? How did you edit and save? Did you import a route and session or route only? etc.

Regarding the scroll bar - the key part of the repro (if this is the same problem as described) is "drag the thumbnail scroll below the bottom of the window". This will jump the thumb back to the position it started. It is also not a new issue at all, and actually happens in thumbnail and list view. It's also been around since October at least.

Please confirm if this is the same problem you're describing or if you have a different repro. In other words, drag the thumbnail slider a short distance and release - does it reset? Drag it further, does it reset? Drag down and continue to drag your cursor below the window - does it reset?

Using the mousewheel is fine but I note Euromodeller had a problem with this too - so perhaps we are talking about something different?

On further testing, this appears to be default behaviour for Windows - the same thing happens in Explorer for example. It doesn't happen in a web browser.
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; March 3rd, 2021 at 06:53 PM.
    Tony Hilliam

It jumps regardless of how I try to get to the bottom in Thumb view.But the closer you are to the bottom of the page the more pronounced the jump
    Not happening in List view I've got 16900 installed and can drag scroll to the bottom as fast as I can and it stays there with green bar flashing
    Last edited by big_b; March 3rd, 2021 at 11:30 PM. Reason: add text
    CFI A1120 Pharaoh Evo
    Intel Core I7 8700k
    Win10 64bit
    ASRock Fatility Z370 Gaming K6
    Nvidia GTX 1080ti 32gb 3200

Thailand, Phu Pan Nat'l park proud neighbor
    Blog Entries

Big_b

I confirm your observations and yes i have experienced this too lately but ignored it as I had other critters to chase and or avoid.
    Today i tried again and for quiet a while i did run CM looking DLS and installed back and forth and no jumps whatsoever.
    I did fiddle for the xx times(each new release of trs19 resets the resolution in trs19 settings to the lowest possible) to reset the monitor tv to the highest possible resolution and played with that too.
    Today no jolly jumper on the scroll bar wether it be using the buttons or the scroll bar itself.
    Ouch.
    The makers of the famous Canadian Rocky Mountains routes
    Master my all new TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains routes

Big_b - what screen resolution are you using? Perhaps that affects something?
    Tony Hilliam