Trainz Plus/TRS19 Beta 111603 (PC), 111609 (Mac) and 111604 (Steam) now available

Thanks for the feedback >

Some follow up:

1. Clock does not display in Driver after viewing Map.
>>
Thanks (disappears when hitting M actually)

2. Driver scroll bar (and scroll thumb has reverted
back to black on black)
>>
Thanks

3. Paused text
>> I agree. Will see what I can do.

4. Green bar flashing in CM
>>
Check your cache folder. I expect it is grabbing new DLS listings.

Last edited:
Unlikely when there is no network / internet activity, deleted contents anyway and no difference, it's permanently flashing.

Same here although after deleting the flashing bar is slower than before and more visible and doesn't stop
but still jumping back up the list every time the bar flashes as previously reported

Same here although after deleting the flashing bar is slower than before and more visible and doesn't stop
but still jumping back up the list every time the bar flashes as previously reported

Same here, scrolling to the end of a selected list in thumbnail mode in CM is impossible.
Using scroll wheel or dragging down on the scroll bar to the right you get the same result, jumping back upscreen.

yes cm is not ok like that, started a multiplayer session with builtin kickstarter Country 2 when session starts it shows an error, but seemed to work for 10 minutes alone in the game ...
another test, import of my route and save to 4.8, after that starting the session is not possible, lots of errors with the loads in the log, after nearly an hour loading session started, the trains spreaded to trackless area over the map, no way to repair for me, finished testing here and waiting for the next beta ...

schnackel - can you repeat the steps and submit a detailed bug report here Trainz Bug Report. Otherwise it's likely the same issue will exist in the next build (since no-one else has reported this issue).
How did you import the route? How did you edit and save? Did you import a route and session or route only? etc.

Regarding the scroll bar - the key part of the repro (if this is the same problem as described) is "drag the thumbnail scroll below the bottom of the window". This will jump the thumb back to the position it started. It is also not a new issue at all, and actually happens in thumbnail and list view. It's also been around since October at least.

Please confirm if this is the same problem you're describing or if you have a different repro. In other words, drag the thumbnail slider a short distance and release - does it reset? Drag it further, does it reset? Drag down and continue to drag your cursor below the window - does it reset?

Using the mousewheel is fine but I note Euromodeller had a problem with this too - so perhaps we are talking about something different?

On further testing, this appears to be default behaviour for Windows - the same thing happens in Explorer for example. It doesn't happen in a web browser.

Last edited:
It jumps regardless of how I try to get to the bottom in Thumb view.But the closer you are to the bottom of the page the more pronounced the jump
Not happening in List view I've got 16900 installed and can drag scroll to the bottom as fast as I can and it stays there with green bar flashing

Last edited:
Big_b

I confirm your observations and yes i have experienced this too lately but ignored it as I had other critters to chase and or avoid.
Today i tried again and for quiet a while i did run CM looking DLS and installed back and forth and no jumps whatsoever.
I did fiddle for the xx times(each new release of trs19 resets the resolution in trs19 settings to the lowest possible) to reset the monitor tv to the highest possible resolution and played with that too.
Today no jolly jumper on the scroll bar wether it be using the buttons or the scroll bar itself.
Ouch.

Let me give you some more info to try and help with the scrolling issue.

Mode.jpg

window.jpg

In a window there is no problem.

Click on the square box top right and expand to fill the screen and then try and scroll to the bottom.

It just keeps returning to the same place, cannot reach the end.

Hope this helps you a bit more.

Graham

For those experiencing scrolling issues using your mouse / mouse wheel when displaying thumbnails in Content Manager, suggest try keyboard combos instead occasionally.
Use Page Up, Page Down and Ctrl+Home or Ctrl+End to navigate the list following your initial selection of an asset thumbnail.
(It doesn't completely fix the issue, but it is easier to control the 'bounces' !)

Just found something while playing around with the screen
If CM takes up the full screen area available on the monitor ( or TV in my case )it jumps.But by decreasing the CM screen by just a couple of mm the jumping stops.

[FONT=&quot]Build 111609
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2014 Mac mini[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Metal device name:Intel Iris Graphics lowPower:YES removable:NO headless:NO unifiedMemory:YES location:MTLDeviceLocationBuiltIn gpuFamily:MTLGPUFamilyMac1

4.2-10.5 FPS Kickstarter fossil fuel session.
2nd run 3.8-6.8.
Running long photos database rebuild, so not a true test. I figure the database rebuild will take a week. Overall I think there was an FPS improvement and it will show better improvement once Photos is done.

2020 ASi M1 Mac mini

Metal device name:Apple M1 lowPower:NO removable:NO headless:NO unifiedMemory:YES location:MTLDeviceLocationBuiltIn gpuFamily:MTLGPUFamilyMac2

22.5-53.1 FPS Kickstarter fossil fuel session.

Improved FPS back to where build 110923 was.

[/FONT]

Just found something while playing around with the screen
If CM takes up the full screen area available on the monitor ( or TV in my case )it jumps.But by decreasing the CM screen by just a couple of mm the jumping stops.

That's what I also found. :)
see post #31

Just a note for Tony/N3V - I can't reproduce the CM "jump" in my copy of 111603. I do however continue to have the "flashing" green update bar show for a split second every 2-3 seconds. But CM manager does not jump, in list view or thumbnail. Full screen or not.

Last edited:
Just a note for Tony/N3V - I can't reproduce the CM "jump" in my copy of 111603. I do however continue to have the "flashing" green update bar show for a split second every 2-3 seconds. But CM manager does not jump, in list view or thumbnail. Full screen or not.

This is exactly what I have found as well.

I noticed there's a correlation between the green bar flicker and a burst of CPU activity -- I watched that in Process Explorer. There is no disk activity though, just some CPU pulsing. It doesn't seem to affect performance though which is good, but it is annoying.

Hi all,

Since the last 2 updates, trains derail inside the re-rail portal while producing, while they did not in build 110491

Anyone got this before?

I am testing a route that works as expected in build 110491 and produces trains from the portal. In build 111603 the portal emits trains with missing cars, some trains emit and then go back into the portal, and some emit part of a train without the locomotive.

For this route I am using "Central Portal Control" <kuid2:117765:10139>, which is a built-in asset.

For those trains which are emitted from the portal some show a picture of the caboose instead of the locomotive.

It appears that the portal function got broken in this build making it unusable, at least for me.

Last edited:
Back