Error AJS Superscript Code Library.

peeet2005

Hello!
I would like to ask why a built-in component causes displaying a red worm in driver mode? This component is the <kuid2: 122285: 508: 23> AJS Superscript Code Library.
Shouldn't Auran assets be "repaired" in the first place? It's full of bugs and all I can do is delete this library.

For example, give one of the errors and there are 10 of them:

- <kuid2:122285:508:23> : Superscript.GetBogieList> Unsupported in this trainz version (file gs.gs)
; <kuid2:122285:508:23> : Script class: Superscript
; <kuid2:122285:508:23> : Object: ScriptableObject{0x16ff6f4c0; asset:SpecReference{<kuid2:122285:508:23> "AJS Superscript Code Library"}, class:GSClass{0x154bc0810: Superscript}, refcount:36}
; <kuid2:122285:508:23> : Script callstack
; <kuid2:122285:508:23> : function $void@GameObject::Exception(string), line -1
; <kuid2:122285:508:23> : function $bool@Superscript::GetBogieList(int), line 1007
; <kuid2:122285:508:23> : function $string@Superscript::LibraryCall(string,string[],GSObject[]), line 2456
; <kuid2:122285:508:23> : function $void@SSLoco::MessageHandler(Message), line 225

It's not an Auran/N3V asset and the author is no longer with us. I believe, but am not sure, that N3V did update this asset due to the number of assets dependent on it.

You would be better to submit a trouble report via this link https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu providing an example of the asset that depends on the library.

Unfortunately the bogie features of superscript don't work at all in TS19. It also needs modifying to make the other features work properly outside of compatibility mode. As I understand it, N3V have not made any major modifications to the code in the updates they made. I also understand that they are not interested in fixing the code themselves but might be happy to cooperate if someone else wants to take on the task.

If any accomplished script writers are interested in helping to create an updated version of superscript I would be interested to hear from them as it underpins most of my assets on the DLS...

I reverted to the original version, replaced texture files in with TGA and texture.txt and without changing. But it is very interesting where this error comes from, since I do not use this library at all on my route. As I checked, it occurs only in locomotives that I do not use. Perhaps this is the reason why the game frequently resets in driver mode

I reverted to the original version, replaced texture files in with TGA and texture.txt and without changing. But it is very interesting where this error comes from, since I do not use this library at all on my route. As I checked, it occurs only in locomotives that I do not use. Perhaps this is the reason why the game frequently resets in driver mode

If you used some rolling stock once that had it, then it's embedded in the name-table and cache. Try running Delete Missing Assets on your session a few times and see if that works. I reported this as a bug in the current beta because it affected a route I have showing EITs which I used only once 3 versions ago.

If any accomplished script writers are interested in helping to create an updated version of superscript I would be interested to hear from them as it underpins most of my assets on the DLS...

Hello.

Maybe N3V should make the source code of the latest Andi's script version available to the programmers so that it can be modified and fixed.

I have tried to modify the last editable version of the script but I have never managed to fix it completely because, in that last editable version, there was still encrypted code and it is impossible to keep track of errors when you cannot see the source code correctly.

That said, N3V needs to leave the source code for Andi's superscript.

Regards

Manuel

Sweet you tried to "repair" Manuel, but in its self, its not broken.
built-in means N3v is now responsible, cause its part of the sold product
there is no need to repair something that is not broken.

The scripts that this library(and many more) are based upon, in Gamedir\resources\scripts
should not be changed in a way that older scripts stop working, no functions should be obsoleted.
If N3v wants to write additional scripts fine, but please leave all older functions working.

so for now, its bug reporting
Andi did a great job, lets respect his work.
greetings GM

Hello G.M.

I absolutely do not want to modify the fabulous legacy that Andy Smith (RIP) left us, many times he helped me modify and fix code that I did not know how to solve, he was a person who helped without asking for anything in return, which Andi has left us for our simulator it is priceless.

I simply want to know why Andi's superscript, which if it works perfectly and I continue to use it for almost all the material published on my website, does not recognize the possibility of changing the gauge width when it worked perfectly in TS12 and why this GetBogieList(int) method, it gives this error and why it occurs in order to solve it and notify N3V that with this solution many of the models that use it (for example, from the creator edh6) work correctly in TANE and TS19.

And not new question about it.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?149131-GetBogeyList-unsupported

That simply.

My best wishes, take care.

Manuel.

Last edited:
I don't use the superscript myself, prefer writing my own for my trains
(so i have the source code and know exactly what happens)

Just guessing it is a mesh replacement on a bogey asset
so it needs the kuid(or asset) of the bogey and the mesh names of the wheel sets.

GetBogeyList() is maybe Andi's function to get something from a config of the vehicle?
if from the stringtable it can't be an "int" cause only string are in there
maybe before ts12 you could have non strings in there?

Anyway its not our problem, by making it built-in, N3v took it and now part of the sold package
They should not fix/change Andi's work, but their own scripts on which it was based.
repeat: N3v do NOT obsolete functions please.

btw, great site you have Manuel
greetings GM

I wouldn't be using Superscript for any new assets simply because it is no longer supported and that may cause problems in the future. Write your own instead as G.M. mentioned. Superscript is an old asset and there are around 24(?) versions of it. It may be the time to replace it with something more supportable.

The parameter of the GetBogieList(int) suggests that Andi was using it to count the bogies in a consist, Why, I cannot say, but for a long consist that may have caused problems. For example, if just one vehicle in a consist used that call then things may have been OK. But, if you have dozens or hundreds of the same vehicle each calling the same method/function then it becomes exponential. There was another thread regarding lights being turned off and on that may be a similar problem although that didn't use Superscript.

My guess is that N3V have identified GetBogieList() as a potential problem and have just neutralised it. Unfortunately, using an exception will cause the reg bug indication but doesn't stop Trainz running, at least for that particular situation. Not using an exception call means that the code would need to be rewritten to gracefully exit from the bogie list count request.

Is it N3V's problem? I don't think so since its not their asset. But I do agree its a problem and why I suggest new assets shouldn't use it.

Thanks for the answers GM and Paul

Perhaps it would be a question of considering leaving Andi's superscript, which has given us so much help so far, and writing a new script that covers what we need.

The responses coming, from two great creators like you G.M. and Paul, are more encouraging and encourage us to continue investigating with our own scripts.

You know, in Trainz, if don't work don't use.

Again, thanks so much for the help.

My best wishes and take care of each other a lot

Greetings

Manuel

Just a point in that it's GetBogieList (which is undocumented) that's blocked. GetBogeyList (documented) still functions as far as I'm aware, note difference in spelling of Bogey / Bogie.

Hello.

Just a point in that it's GetBogieList (which is undocumented) that's blocked. GetBogeyList (documented) still functions as far as I'm aware, note difference in spelling of Bogey / Bogie.

Yes, I know

GetBogieList() undocumented, is one method from Andi's superscript and GetBogeyList() documented is from native Auran class method.

Thanks for the info.

Regards

Back