.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Updating Pofig?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Meridian, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    3,778
     

    Default Updating Pofig?

    Hi! I note that a lot of JR assets on the Jointed Rail site now clearly claim to be supported ONLY in T:ANE and TRS2019. But some of the good old routes like Midwest Grain still feature Pofig trees and state clearly they are for TS12 only. Sorry if this has been asked before, but are there any plans to update the trees in these older routes - either update the pofig tree assets themselves, or replace them - so that these routes can be supported in T:ANE and TRS2019?
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    PA and TN
    Posts
    1,919
    Blog Entries
    1
     

    Default

    There are no plans at this time to update those routes with other trees or to newer versions. Sorry!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Meridian, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    3,778
     

    Default

    Thank you for the response. It is sad, as these would still be really great routes with updated trees, but I guess we are all left on our own.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dyersville, IA USA
    Posts
    48
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    It is sad, as these would still be really great routes with updated trees...
    I agree. I love the Midwest Grain route, and have tried to replace the profig trees with RMM speed trees. But it is slow going, and trying to correlate the correct RMM tree to the Profig tree with their naming conventions is difficult, even with the "cheat sheets" I found in the various forums. Jointed Rail... I would gladly pay for an updated route... just saying.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cnwfan View Post
    I agree. I love the Midwest Grain route, and have tried to replace the profig trees with RMM speed trees. But it is slow going, and trying to correlate the correct RMM tree to the Profig tree with their naming conventions is difficult, even with the "cheat sheets" I found in the various forums. Jointed Rail... I would gladly pay for an updated route... just saying.

    I don't know if this will help, I put some lists together from forum too.........About a year ago.

    Row "A" "B" "C" "D" "E" "F"



    Russian (RMM) Russian (Pofig) English Nederlands Deutsch Francais
    derevo (misc) D tree boom baum arbre
    Akacia Acacia Acacia Akazie Acacia
    Bereza B Birch Berk Birke Bouleau
    Buk Beech Beuk Buche Hêtre
    Dt Dead tree Dode boom Toter Baum Arbre mort
    Dub Dbl Oak Eik Eiche Chêne
    Egevika Blackberry Braambes Brombeere Mûre / Ronce
    Elka Spruce Den Fichte Épicéa
    Evkalipt Eucalypt Eucalyptus Eukalyptus Eucalyptus
    Gr Gr Grass Gras Gras Herbe
    Gr_rogoz Grass Cattail Gras Lisdodde Gras, Rohrkolben Herbe Quenouille
    Grusha Pear Peer Birne Poirier
    Ingir Fig Vijg Feigenbaum Figuier
    Iva Willow Wilg Weide Saule
    Kamish Reeds Riet Schilf Roseaux
    Kashtan1 Chestnut Kastanje Kastanie Châtaignier
    Kashtan2/3/4 Chestnut (Horse) Kastanje Kastanie Marronnier (d'Inde)
    Katalpa Catalpa Trompetboom Trompetenbaum Catalpa
    Kedr Cedar Ceder Zeder Cèdre
    Kiparis Chy Cypress Cipres Zypresse Cyprès
    Klen Kl Maple Esdoorn Ahorn Érable
    Kust K, Ks or Kt Bush Struik Busch Buisson
    Lavr Laurel Laurier Lorbeer Laurier
    Lipa Linden Linde Linde Tilleul
    Magnolia Magnolia Magnolia Magnolie Magnolia
    Mandarin Mandarin Mandarijn Mandarine Mandarinier
    Oleandr Oleander Oleander Oleander Oléandre
    Olha Alder Els Erle Aulne
    Oreh Walnut Walnoot Walnuss Noyer / Noix
    Osina Aspen Esp Aspe Tremble
    Osoka Water soldier Zegge Wasseraloe Carex
    Palma Palm Palm Palme Palmier
    Persik Ph Peach Perzik Pfirsich Pêcher
    Platan PL Plane Plataan Platane Platane
    Riabina Rowan (or Ashberry) Lijsterbes Vogelbeere Sorbier
    Siren Lilac Lila Flieder Lilas
    Sosna S Pine Pijnboom Kiefer Pin
    Topol Poplar Populier Pappel Peuplier
    Vinograd Grape vine Wijnrank Weinrebe Vigne
    Vyaz Elm Iep Ulme Orme
    Yablonya Apple Appel Apfelbaum Pommier
    Yasen Ash Es Esche Frêne
    Abh Small series Kleine serie Kleinere Gewächse Petite série
    E or El Fir Zilverspar Tanne Sapin
    T Thuja Thuja Thuja Thuya

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dyersville, IA USA
    Posts
    48
     

    Default

    Thank you Blueodessey! I have this copied off to my OneNote.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Port Noarlunga South Australia
    Posts
    2,255
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blueodessey View Post
    I don't know if this will help, I put some lists together from forum too.........About a year ago.

    Row "A" "B" "C" "D" "E" "F"



    Russian (RMM) Russian (Pofig) English Nederlands Deutsch Francais
    derevo (misc) D tree boom baum arbre
    Akacia Acacia Acacia Akazie Acacia
    Bereza B Birch Berk Birke Bouleau
    Buk Beech Beuk Buche Hêtre
    Dt Dead tree Dode boom Toter Baum Arbre mort
    Dub Dbl Oak Eik Eiche Chêne
    Egevika Blackberry Braambes Brombeere Mûre / Ronce
    Elka Spruce Den Fichte Épicéa
    Evkalipt Eucalypt Eucalyptus Eukalyptus Eucalyptus
    Gr Gr Grass Gras Gras Herbe
    Gr_rogoz Grass Cattail Gras Lisdodde Gras, Rohrkolben Herbe Quenouille
    Grusha Pear Peer Birne Poirier
    Ingir Fig Vijg Feigenbaum Figuier
    Iva Willow Wilg Weide Saule
    Kamish Reeds Riet Schilf Roseaux
    Kashtan1 Chestnut Kastanje Kastanie Châtaignier
    Kashtan2/3/4 Chestnut (Horse) Kastanje Kastanie Marronnier (d'Inde)
    Katalpa Catalpa Trompetboom Trompetenbaum Catalpa
    Kedr Cedar Ceder Zeder Cèdre
    Kiparis Chy Cypress Cipres Zypresse Cyprès
    Klen Kl Maple Esdoorn Ahorn Érable
    Kust K, Ks or Kt Bush Struik Busch Buisson
    Lavr Laurel Laurier Lorbeer Laurier
    Lipa Linden Linde Linde Tilleul
    Magnolia Magnolia Magnolia Magnolie Magnolia
    Mandarin Mandarin Mandarijn Mandarine Mandarinier
    Oleandr Oleander Oleander Oleander Oléandre
    Olha Alder Els Erle Aulne
    Oreh Walnut Walnoot Walnuss Noyer / Noix
    Osina Aspen Esp Aspe Tremble
    Osoka Water soldier Zegge Wasseraloe Carex
    Palma Palm Palm Palme Palmier
    Persik Ph Peach Perzik Pfirsich Pêcher
    Platan PL Plane Plataan Platane Platane
    Riabina Rowan (or Ashberry) Lijsterbes Vogelbeere Sorbier
    Siren Lilac Lila Flieder Lilas
    Sosna S Pine Pijnboom Kiefer Pin
    Topol Poplar Populier Pappel Peuplier
    Vinograd Grape vine Wijnrank Weinrebe Vigne
    Vyaz Elm Iep Ulme Orme
    Yablonya Apple Appel Apfelbaum Pommier
    Yasen Ash Es Esche Frêne
    Abh Small series Kleine serie Kleinere Gewächse Petite série
    E or El Fir Zilverspar Tanne Sapin
    T Thuja Thuja Thuja Thuya
    excellent Blue, i can use this to help change stuff on timber ridge. there's still huge tree gasp for the USA tho, no cottonwoods, pinyon pines, spruces pines and firs that are native to rocky mountains in general , how NV3 can leave this huge gap unfilled is beyond me..... I've just given up on using accurate trees in 2019, i just use what looks closest..... the forest summer series by h minky and jvc, actually only work sporadically, a number of them don't appear for some reason , including most of the ones I've made for the uintah, guaranteeing it will never work in 2019. such a drag !
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

  8. #8

    Default

    dangavel,
    I know exactly what you mean about a lack of tree assets for the USA, especially the western parts. Using what I like to think of as "Off the shelf products" can be so frustrating when there is really nothing close.
    Dean

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Port Noarlunga South Australia
    Posts
    2,255
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danddhud View Post
    dangavel,
    I know exactly what you mean about a lack of tree assets for the USA, especially the western parts. Using what I like to think of as "Off the shelf products" can be so frustrating when there is really nothing close.
    Dean
    if i had the time , the right skills and money I'd make some , but it would mean I'd be busy for months doing that and i really want to finish my routes. if only JVC was till operating in this area...... how they can ignore this (and they have zero plans to do anything about it), is beyond me....
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Meridian, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    3,778
     

    Default

    Regarding the Midwest Grain and other JR routes, I would think it would only take one person doing bulk replacements in TS12 to replace them in a day, but that is apparently too much effort for JR. I don't have ts12 or I would do it myself. My only option is maybe trying to clone rmm trees to the pofig KUIDs, but I have had problems with that in the past, and it is a lot of work for a long list of pofigs.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    PA and TN
    Posts
    1,919
    Blog Entries
    1
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    Regarding the Midwest Grain and other JR routes, I would think it would only take one person doing bulk replacements in TS12 to replace them in a day, but that is apparently too much effort for JR. I don't have ts12 or I would do it myself. My only option is maybe trying to clone rmm trees to the pofig KUIDs, but I have had problems with that in the past, and it is a lot of work for a long list of pofigs.
    The general thing is here we wouldn't do just a blanket tree replacement and call it done. There would be other content changes and rework done to bring things to a newer version standard almost what 6 or 7 years after the original? Content creation has changed alot in that timespan.

    Couple the above more extensive changes with the fact JR team all have other 9 to 5 jobs right now we all have other projects and considerations to work on besides JR so a route or two that are quite old at this point are not in our current project scope.

    You all are welcome to bring them to tane and ts19 and rework for your own enjoyment but it's just not a project we will be looking at right now.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,673
    Blog Entries
    2
     

    Default

    As much as I'd like to see some of the older JR routes updated for 2019, Midwest Grain being one of them, I think moving on is the way to go. New routes and content and fixing the issues with some of the sessions in the current routes that have cropped up should be the focus.
    i5 8600k 4.4 GHZ-ASUS ROG STRIX Z370E-MSI GTX 1070ti
    16GB DDR4 2666-Samsung EVO 850 1TB SSD
    US Army 1978-84

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,105
     

    Default

    Hi

    Author rmm has a set of trees for TS12. I have used these to update Pofig trees on routes in TS12, When you put the updated route into Tane or TRS19 the trees will automatically update to rmm V6 speedtrees. You will obviously need an installation of TS12 to be able to do this but it does work quite well.

    Regards

    Brian

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dyersville, IA USA
    Posts
    48
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kennilworth View Post
    Author rmm has a set of trees for TS12. I have used these to update Pofig trees on routes in TS12, When you put the updated route into Tane or TRS19 the trees will automatically update to rmm V6 speedtrees. You will obviously need an installation of TS12 to be able to do this but it does work quite well.
    I'll have to give this a try. I still have the TS12 install files in my archives. I just hate seeing this route languish in the scrap yard of obsolete routes.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Meridian, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    3,778
     

    Default

    Yeah, I may have to buy ts2012 just so I can get these routes fixed. I have pofig on Cold Creek Logisics, Midwest Grain & Terminal, Midwest Grain 3.0 R1, and WhiteshoreFinal. I don't suppose JR would allow someone to distribute versions with pofig trees replaced....??
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •