Updating Pofig?

Forester1

Hi! I note that a lot of JR assets on the Jointed Rail site now clearly claim to be supported ONLY in T:ANE and TRS2019. But some of the good old routes like Midwest Grain still feature Pofig trees and state clearly they are for TS12 only. Sorry if this has been asked before, but are there any plans to update the trees in these older routes - either update the pofig tree assets themselves, or replace them - so that these routes can be supported in T:ANE and TRS2019?

Thank you for the response. It is sad, as these would still be really great routes with updated trees, but I guess we are all left on our own.

It is sad, as these would still be really great routes with updated trees...

I agree. I love the Midwest Grain route, and have tried to replace the profig trees with RMM speed trees. But it is slow going, and trying to correlate the correct RMM tree to the Profig tree with their naming conventions is difficult, even with the "cheat sheets" I found in the various forums. Jointed Rail... I would gladly pay for an updated route... just saying.

I agree. I love the Midwest Grain route, and have tried to replace the profig trees with RMM speed trees. But it is slow going, and trying to correlate the correct RMM tree to the Profig tree with their naming conventions is difficult, even with the "cheat sheets" I found in the various forums. Jointed Rail... I would gladly pay for an updated route... just saying.

I don't know if this will help, I put some lists together from forum too.........About a year ago.

Row "A" "B" "C" "D" "E" "F"

Russian (RMM)Russian (Pofig)EnglishNederlandsDeutschFrancais
derevo (misc)Dtreeboombaumarbre
Akacia AcaciaAcaciaAkazieAcacia
BerezaBBirchBerkBirkeBouleau
Buk BeechBeukBucheHêtre
Dt Dead treeDode boomToter BaumArbre mort
DubDblOakEikEicheChêne
Egevika BlackberryBraambesBrombeereMûre / Ronce
Elka SpruceDenFichteÉpicéa
Evkalipt EucalyptEucalyptusEukalyptusEucalyptus
GrGrGrassGrasGrasHerbe
Gr_rogoz Grass CattailGras LisdoddeGras, RohrkolbenHerbe Quenouille
Grusha PearPeerBirnePoirier
Ingir FigVijgFeigenbaumFiguier
Iva WillowWilgWeideSaule
Kamish ReedsRietSchilfRoseaux
Kashtan1 ChestnutKastanjeKastanieChâtaignier
Kashtan2/3/4 Chestnut (Horse)KastanjeKastanieMarronnier (d'Inde)
Katalpa CatalpaTrompetboomTrompetenbaumCatalpa
Kedr CedarCederZederCèdre
KiparisChyCypressCipresZypresseCyprès
KlenKlMapleEsdoornAhornÉrable
KustK, Ks or KtBushStruikBuschBuisson
Lavr LaurelLaurierLorbeerLaurier
Lipa LindenLindeLindeTilleul
Magnolia MagnoliaMagnoliaMagnolieMagnolia
Mandarin MandarinMandarijnMandarineMandarinier
Oleandr OleanderOleanderOleanderOléandre
Olha AlderElsErleAulne
Oreh WalnutWalnootWalnussNoyer / Noix
Osina AspenEspAspeTremble
Osoka Water soldierZeggeWasseraloeCarex
Palma PalmPalmPalmePalmier
PersikPhPeachPerzikPfirsichPêcher
PlatanPLPlanePlataanPlatanePlatane
Riabina Rowan (or Ashberry)LijsterbesVogelbeereSorbier
Siren LilacLilaFliederLilas
SosnaSPinePijnboomKieferPin
Topol PoplarPopulierPappelPeuplier
Vinograd Grape vineWijnrankWeinrebeVigne
Vyaz ElmIepUlmeOrme
Yablonya AppleAppelApfelbaumPommier
Yasen AshEsEscheFrêne
AbhSmall seriesKleine serieKleinere GewächsePetite série
E or ElFirZilversparTanneSapin
TThujaThujaThujaThuya

I don't know if this will help, I put some lists together from forum too.........About a year ago.

Row "A" "B" "C" "D" "E" "F"

Russian (RMM)Russian (Pofig)EnglishNederlandsDeutschFrancais
derevo (misc)Dtreeboombaumarbre
AkaciaAcaciaAcaciaAkazieAcacia
BerezaBBirchBerkBirkeBouleau
BukBeechBeukBucheHêtre
DtDead treeDode boomToter BaumArbre mort
DubDblOakEikEicheChêne
EgevikaBlackberryBraambesBrombeereMûre / Ronce
ElkaSpruceDenFichteÉpicéa
EvkaliptEucalyptEucalyptusEukalyptusEucalyptus
GrGrGrassGrasGrasHerbe
Gr_rogozGrass CattailGras LisdoddeGras, RohrkolbenHerbe Quenouille
GrushaPearPeerBirnePoirier
IngirFigVijgFeigenbaumFiguier
IvaWillowWilgWeideSaule
KamishReedsRietSchilfRoseaux
Kashtan1ChestnutKastanjeKastanieChâtaignier
Kashtan2/3/4Chestnut (Horse)KastanjeKastanieMarronnier (d'Inde)
KatalpaCatalpaTrompetboomTrompetenbaumCatalpa
KedrCedarCederZederCèdre
KiparisChyCypressCipresZypresseCyprès
KlenKlMapleEsdoornAhornÉrable
KustK, Ks or KtBushStruikBuschBuisson
LavrLaurelLaurierLorbeerLaurier
LipaLindenLindeLindeTilleul
MagnoliaMagnoliaMagnoliaMagnolieMagnolia
MandarinMandarinMandarijnMandarineMandarinier
OleandrOleanderOleanderOleanderOléandre
OlhaAlderElsErleAulne
OrehWalnutWalnootWalnussNoyer / Noix
OsinaAspenEspAspeTremble
OsokaWater soldierZeggeWasseraloeCarex
PalmaPalmPalmPalmePalmier
PersikPhPeachPerzikPfirsichPêcher
PlatanPLPlanePlataanPlatanePlatane
RiabinaRowan (or Ashberry)LijsterbesVogelbeereSorbier
SirenLilacLilaFliederLilas
SosnaSPinePijnboomKieferPin
TopolPoplarPopulierPappelPeuplier
VinogradGrape vineWijnrankWeinrebeVigne
VyazElmIepUlmeOrme
YablonyaAppleAppelApfelbaumPommier
YasenAshEsEscheFrêne
AbhSmall seriesKleine serieKleinere GewächsePetite série
E or ElFirZilversparTanneSapin
TThujaThujaThujaThuya
excellent Blue, i can use this to help change stuff on timber ridge. there's still huge tree gasp for the USA tho, no cottonwoods, pinyon pines, spruces pines and firs that are native to rocky mountains in general , how NV3 can leave this huge gap unfilled is beyond me..... I've just given up on using accurate trees in 2019, i just use what looks closest..... the forest summer series by h minky and jvc, actually only work sporadically, a number of them don't appear for some reason , including most of the ones I've made for the uintah, guaranteeing it will never work in 2019. such a drag !

dangavel,
I know exactly what you mean about a lack of tree assets for the USA, especially the western parts. Using what I like to think of as "Off the shelf products" can be so frustrating when there is really nothing close.
Dean

dangavel,
I know exactly what you mean about a lack of tree assets for the USA, especially the western parts. Using what I like to think of as "Off the shelf products" can be so frustrating when there is really nothing close.
Dean

if i had the time , the right skills and money I'd make some , but it would mean I'd be busy for months doing that and i really want to finish my routes. if only JVC was till operating in this area...... how they can ignore this (and they have zero plans to do anything about it), is beyond me....

Regarding the Midwest Grain and other JR routes, I would think it would only take one person doing bulk replacements in TS12 to replace them in a day, but that is apparently too much effort for JR. I don't have ts12 or I would do it myself. My only option is maybe trying to clone rmm trees to the pofig KUIDs, but I have had problems with that in the past, and it is a lot of work for a long list of pofigs.

Regarding the Midwest Grain and other JR routes, I would think it would only take one person doing bulk replacements in TS12 to replace them in a day, but that is apparently too much effort for JR. I don't have ts12 or I would do it myself. My only option is maybe trying to clone rmm trees to the pofig KUIDs, but I have had problems with that in the past, and it is a lot of work for a long list of pofigs.

The general thing is here we wouldn't do just a blanket tree replacement and call it done. There would be other content changes and rework done to bring things to a newer version standard almost what 6 or 7 years after the original? Content creation has changed alot in that timespan.

Couple the above more extensive changes with the fact JR team all have other 9 to 5 jobs right now we all have other projects and considerations to work on besides JR so a route or two that are quite old at this point are not in our current project scope.

You all are welcome to bring them to tane and ts19 and rework for your own enjoyment but it's just not a project we will be looking at right now.

As much as I'd like to see some of the older JR routes updated for 2019, Midwest Grain being one of them, I think moving on is the way to go. New routes and content and fixing the issues with some of the sessions in the current routes that have cropped up should be the focus.

Hi

Author rmm has a set of trees for TS12. I have used these to update Pofig trees on routes in TS12, When you put the updated route into Tane or TRS19 the trees will automatically update to rmm V6 speedtrees. You will obviously need an installation of TS12 to be able to do this but it does work quite well.

Regards

Brian

Author rmm has a set of trees for TS12. I have used these to update Pofig trees on routes in TS12, When you put the updated route into Tane or TRS19 the trees will automatically update to rmm V6 speedtrees. You will obviously need an installation of TS12 to be able to do this but it does work quite well.

I'll have to give this a try. I still have the TS12 install files in my archives. I just hate seeing this route languish in the scrap yard of obsolete routes.

Yeah, I may have to buy ts2012 just so I can get these routes fixed. I have pofig on Cold Creek Logisics, Midwest Grain & Terminal, Midwest Grain 3.0 R1, and WhiteshoreFinal. I don't suppose JR would allow someone to distribute versions with pofig trees replaced....??

Cold Creek and Midwest Grain & Terminal in TRS19

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
I did the same when TANE first came out. My Midwest Grain, American Intermodal, and Cold Creek and Western are merged together and part of a much larger route. They came into TANE nicely after the tree replacement and I run that route often. I've since made other extensive changes to the routes including some crossing replacements, but they're still the same in essence and look great.

Back