HUD for miles driven, etc.

Hello all:

I've been gone for a while and just bought TRS19. Seems like I remember an HUD in previous versions that displayed miles driven and distance to next signal showing it's status. I see the gradient and signals now in the lower left of the screen. While that is somewhat helpful I don't see any place to add an HUD for mileage.
Any clues if this is available ? If it is a driver rule where do I add it. :confused:

Thanks, Durff

There's the mc Custom HUD. It is available on the DLS. You add it through the session rules. I agree, the track profile is nice but I like the HUD too.

Hi

There is also the "Quick CustomHud Manager (SP2 and later)" rule by "pguy", kuid2:61392:5020:47 which allows you to completely customize a HUD to your requirements. You can save different customized HUDs with new names so that you could have one HUD set up for passenger trains and a second one for freight trains.

Regards

Brian

The current Driver HUD does show the elapsed mileage/ kilometres travelled. It is beneath the track profile (bottom left, follow the vertical bars) and it moves from right to left as your train proceeds.
It also (visually) shows distance to the next junction or signal if you have switched these options on... (Cog icon).

Last edited:
HPL -
It is not reliable at all: resets for no reason, never starts, etc.
On the contrary - I find it dependable with properly constructed sessions and large numbers of AI drivers.
Accumulated mileage/ kms travelled carry over from saved games and the odometer always starts once the consist is set in motion.
Only resets when I restart the session.
You can set the metric increments by adjusting the length of the track profile using your mouse.

On the contrary - I find it dependable with properly constructed sessions and large numbers of AI drivers.
Accumulated mileage/ kms travelled carry over from saved games and the odometer always starts once the consist is set in motion.
Only resets when I restart the session.

You are a lucky driver! Mine does start once a train in set in motion, but almost every time I turn the HUD on it restarts from 0 (in some rare exceptions it works at it should but it's less than 1 time out of 100).

tyed to post screen shoot but did not show hud. Not seeing on mine elapsed milage traveled or distance to next signal etc. Just see like 1 mile 2 mile etc using the mouse wheel

fourteen - Yep - you need to use a screen grabber like the Snipping Tool or the built in Windows 10 key combo (Windows + Shift + S) to be able to include the HUD elements in your screenshot.
In some of my saved games of busy sessions I've run for up to 24 hours, the HUD odometer is recording hundreds of miles for each mainline locomotive below the track profile, though the local switchers/ shunters record less mileage of course.
If I resume from a saved game in one of these scenarios, the mileage increments and is not reset to zero.
In this session started at 10:00am, the driver has been running for over 12 hours including 'waits' and loading/ unloading ops, so the clock shows about 22:15 at night. Numeric Values below the track profile (193 and 194) are the miles driven so far by this driver. All the other drivers in this session have similar odometer readings beneath their profiles.

HUD_odo.jpg

Last edited:
Back