Driveable Ships

What I was stating was the water +3m is the standard height used in trainz now. I added the position mentioned by ingha as follows which now runs on the water +3m for track the same as other ships.

<kuid:850934:100744> HMS Enterprise Light Cruiser, driveable added position 0,0,-7.5
<kuid2:850934:100700:1> HMS Whelp R37 Destroyer, drivable added position 0,0,-6.5

Last edited:
I've worked out how to attach crew to the decks, although limited choices and I'll have to ask bobsanders if I can use his 2(?) Royal Navy crew members. What I am wondering and not finding a solution to, is using an invisible interior to arrange different (cabin/bridge) view points, such as on the wings of the bridge or the bow even. Any ideas out there?

If Bob's crew are on the DLS then you can just add a reference in the config.txt file. That's the basic idea of the DLS.

Cheerio John

Well Vulcan talked about +4m (+3m for his barges from memory) hence my reference to setting the track at that height. I also mentioned I saw and tried Ingha's idea, hence why I said "Thanks Ingha, that actually works." "At least now I have a convention where I'll set each according to needs and I can state in the config file to set the track at 4 metres".

As the video shows, they work and appear correctly, and all can in theory run on the same track. Obviously I have to update those I've already released, but given I've got the interior now working to add external views and crew, I'll be adding those as well before I update those released. It does mean I have to move attachment points (all of them) and that is a trial an error until I get it right, with each ship being different. Thanks for all the help and info.

So after not noticing for a week or so --- PEVSoft attachment maker has the ability to rotate an attachment to any angle, I'm now adding aircraft to the HMS Ark Royal. The only issue I have left is the paint schemes are not loading, presumably due to this... ! <kuid:850934:100746> VE166: 37 combined chunks (of 38 source) in .im file:
I'm guessing too many texture files with the Spitfire added, no Seafires available that I know of, or Spitfires with Australian WW2 roundels (white and blue only).

Back