Improved Contrast In Menues?

boleyd

I thought I had read in a Tony message that this latest update was to improve "contrast in scrollbars". I have seen no improvement and the black on black remains the N3V standard.

Viewing the black/black menu scrolls, and selection indicators, is becoming more difficult. But N3V is stubborn (read Tony).:(:(:(:(

Scrollbars are improved here. At least on the ones I've seen.

boleyd.. why so negative and with editorial comments? A comment like "But N3V is stubborn" does nothing to help anyone. I admit, I do get frustrated at times but I do try to remember N3V's perspective (small staff, striving to survive, dealing with Covid-19 and working from home, etc, etc, etc.)

It's been a rough 12 months due to Covid but the world is not ending. Find something to enjoy. Something to smile about. :):):):)

Is it possible to show a screeny of the new driver menu, getting curious
maybe also post in the beta thread, there they read it
greetings GM

I thought I had read in a Tony message that this latest update was to improve "contrast in scrollbars". I have seen no improvement and the black on black remains the N3V standard.

Viewing the black/black menu scrolls, and selection indicators, is becoming more difficult. But N3V is stubborn (read Tony).:(:(:(:(

Scroll bar is white in the Beta, after you click on it.

Scroll bar is white in the Beta, after you click on it.

Mine shows white upon initial open of the Driver window but it does fade out. Hovering over the scroll bar area or passing over the scrollbar makes it white again. I don't have to click it. Here it is just after opening the window before it "fades" to black.

scroll.jpg

Last edited:
Yes.. I do agree. I had thought I read "driver menu" in the initial post but I was wrong. It's a general reference, and yes, some/most scrollbars are still dark in 111341.

I believe that the small problems can carry equal market weight alongside larger issues. New customers seeing the negative commentary are likely to take a pass.

Weight problems based upon degree of difficulty for solution. Those with quick solutions should always be top of the list. All a potential customer sees are problems. The warning sign is the same regardless the cost of a solution. That warning sign says a typical customer will shy away from a trouble plagued product. Or, "a trouble is a trouble and I take a pass". Fewer troubles more sales.

No problems with scroll bars here be they black or white, whatever, it's a beta, which probably means they haven't finished with the scroll bar issue yet!
Rather than constantly bad mouthing N3V and making accusations, just stick to constructive criticism or bug reports!

I believe some interactive objects still suffer from black text on a dark blue background in the pop out to set parameters, making it very hard to use.

One significant improvement immediately noticeable in the latest beta is the much-improved legibility of text and labelling in the Driver UI.
You'll notice that the font has been changed and all larger elements include outlined fonts that stand out better against the background.
The track profile, Driver controls and even the menu icons have all received similar outline treatment, rendering them all much more visible/ legible.
The scroll bars are improved, but still somewhat clunky to operate and could be improved further IMO.

Back