Driver list

llebrez

A peculiar annoyance: Assign your locos to a driver at the drivers list on surveyor. Have one only or ten. Go to driver and sure enough they all work as they always do, manual or AI. However, when you click on the head of the person representing a driver, the list expand and at first i had 14 peoples heads with no assigned loco. Close the session and in surveyor everything is fine, no phantom drivers. Go back to Driver and now i have 28 people with no assigned consist. I can delete them. But next time I open surveyor, they are back! Never seen this before. DBR's do nothing to correct the problem. It happens on an imported route-session from T:ANE. But prior to SP3, it was not like this. Route now is completely repaired showing no fault assets, after weeks of work. Any ideas on this?

hi llebrez,
have you checked both route and session for "ghost" consist?
those could get a driver, when [v] Generate new Drivers for empty trains
but you can't use them, cause those consist are derailed at start.
there are topics on the forum how to get rid of ghost consist
greetings GM

These are the details of what I did: * On driver, open the map and filter display so that only consists are shown. There are no red ghost consists anywhere, just a few of my installed locos showing normally.
* The driver list has today 34 heads of drivers and it says "no assigned location". These occupy the first slats, so my locos are down the list 34 slats down. My list coincides with what I set on the drivers list at surveyor.
* On the drivers list on surveyor, it shows exactly what I installed, name and type of loco. at the bottom, i unchecked all the green ticks except "focus cam on first driver".

Using a little bit of logic, I want to think that there have been some type of corruption, and the session, when loading, also loads another one that has still drivers, and they show now, so I get the old ones and the new ones. That is a far thought and may not be possible.

Other issues: Time ago, surveyor would run smooth, driver would stutter here and there. Now surveyor is choppy, and driver is very smooth.
Using a AJS invisible platform, you adjust the height of the passengers to be exact on the spline platform, so the shoes of people are exactly on the pavement. Adjust on surveyor. Now run the session. The shoes are not where they were but a little higher. How come? Solution is to rise the platform height just a little and try by "eye" for the correct position, even if surveyor is wrong. But for what I recall, this was not like this on previous iterations.

a detailed non-destructive test, has worked here

1-clone the route, name it routename-v2
- clone the session, name it sesname-v2
2-load the cloned route in surveyor, do delete missing assets, save
- attached the cloned sesname-v2, by editting its config.txt, map kuid of clonedroutename-v2
3- load/edit the sesname-v2 in surveyor, do delete missing-assets, save that session
4- try driver with the new cloneset

hope it works for you
greetings GM

And now I have a cloned route and a dependent session of this clone. The long list of unusable drivers are still there! But your logic is good. In fact I did something like that before coming with the problem here (cloned the session only). Curious is that some of the drivers are duplicated (I have 2 Dave and 2 Kenny) and in CM they show as built in and can't be deleted. Another peculiarity is that if I reduce the number of locos in the session, to 1 only, the long list of drivers still shows. Then, I empty the session of drivers, go to the route and create a session with one driver (added to the route). The list still shows not assigned location with 28 heads moving graciously. Back in SP2 I never had this problem. Tempted to go to help desk, but I think the fellows up there need all the time they can get, to solve hopefully AI idiotic behavior, and should not be distracted. Wishful thinking....

Hate to say: I still have T:ANE running healthy, so no problems to go back there. Thank you all.

It's important this gets solved llebrez,
imagine many more getting this problem, now its beta, now is the time to report
You payed for TRS19, it should give you joy not pain in the.....

I made that Set Driver Control Rule, with a count screen for a reason.
have you tried counting trains/vehicles/drivers with it?

For some reason Trainz sees trains(consist) and generates extra drivers
don't give up yet
greetings GM

I haven't tried your set driver control rule. I suppose it is a rule I load and will count all my rolling stock? Will try and play with it, but I don't see it; the only one showing at dls is set_driver_condition_rule. My built is 110491 (desktop). On my laptop I have 105096, and it does not show this problem with the same route and session. Not that it may matter, but I don't use layers, just one route and a couple of sessions child to this route, very basic.

Last edited:
Back