downloading from content manager question

LilBilley

is there a way to filter all the downloads on the store that have discrepancies ? there's so much stuff that says that when downloaded.

how can i filter i out to find some good multiplayer sessions and routes ?

When your in content manager on the filter and click "download station"

You can type in what you are looking for on the download station or

If you click the the little triangle next to filter you can add more parameters to your search by clicking the "+" icon and add more criteria i.e. Author, name or category.

When your in content manager on the filter and click "download station"

You can type in what you are looking for on the download station or

If you click the the little triangle next to filter you can add more parameters to your search by clicking the "+" icon and add more criteria i.e. Author, name or category.

i do understand that sorry , the problem is every time i download something there is always missing dependencies.

i dont know what im searching for im just looking for some good routes that are mp and actually work. i dont want the model rr stuff thats about it.

i do understand that sorry , the problem is every time i download something there is always missing dependencies.

i dont know what im searching for im just looking for some good routes that are mp and actually work. i dont want the model rr stuff thats about it.

Every session and route comes with dependencies. After you have downloaded the route and session you can search for them in Content Manager and right click "view dependencies" and download any that might have been missed. I am not sure what MP routes and sessions are popluar right now so maybe someone else can help guide you on some good MP routes.

Just type multiplayer in the content manager search box you will get a massive list . 1194 MP player routes from version 4.7 down to 2.5 are available.

Time to Git Bizzy ;)

CM-MPsearch.png

Hi,
One of the problems with multi-player is that all of the players have to have the same content. Consequentially, the number of routes and sessions has mushroomed to allow for this.
I suspect that the more efficient way is to discuss with the group which route/session is going to be used, then download it & verify.

Colin

Just type multiplayer in the content manager search box you will get a massive list . 1194 MP player routes from version 4.7 down to 2.5 are available.

Time to Git Bizzy ;)

CM-MPsearch.png

my problem is not finding the downloads, its when i download them they are always red and say missing dependencies some load up and work but some dont or are missing parts of the train. is there a way to filter all these non working ones out.

if i find the missing dependencies and they are not on the dls is it kosher to upload them so that i can use certain maps i have downloaded that multiplayer requires to work ?

i dont want credit for these items but some multiplayer maps say they cant start because the dependencies arent on dls ?

Hello, I don't do the MPS thing so I can't speak to MPS routes and deps. Missing deps is something you will need to get used to and live with. On regular routes/sessions many times missing deps don't hurt anything as they are scenic items, etc and not "critical" items (like track, etc). You will learn which route creators are "friendly" to making sure their sessions will work for most. Others don't seem to care. Over time you will also get better at finding missing deps. Just remember, the more content you download, the more deps you have and the chance of missing deps gets less and less. I am mostly interested in Amercian routes/sessions but I have downloaded every single Payware route (I'm on Gold program) just for the dependencies found in "Foreign" routes as many "good" dependencies are used by good content creators regardless of location, time period, etc etc. (This is why I have a 2TB SSD "D" drive - mostly just for Trainz content and beta installs.)

Last edited:
so i have found some dependensiec that are missing that are from ts12 how would i find and get those they are not showing download links for them on the kuid search website ?

Don't use the website, it's for older versions of the game. You should be using the CM (content manager) in the game itself to download.

my problem is not finding the downloads, its when i download them they are always red and say missing dependencies some load up and work but some dont or are missing parts of the train. is there a way to filter all these non working ones out.

If you're in TRS2019, you will see older MP routes in Content Manager, from older Trainz versions, with missing deps that are proprietary to that version i.e TS12.
If you own TS12, CDP export to desktop the missing deps, and then install them to your TRS2019.

Problem is, you can't run old TS12 MP sessions in TRS2019 as it won't allow you to run the sessions as it's asset check function will tell you that you have non-DLS, modified deps installed. i.e the ones you copied from TS12.
All MP route and session assets have to be on the DLS, and available to the Trainz version you're running, in order for the route and session to function in multiplayer.

You CAN remove the MP rule from the session, and run it as a SP session.

There is no way to filter the routes/sessions that won't work in TRS2019, unfortunately.

Rico

Last edited:
-SNIP-
There is no way to filter the routes/sessions that won't work in TRS2019, unfortunately.
Rico

In Content Manager you can filter based on "Build Versions" - Versions for 4.6 and above are TRS19
Here's a version list: http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/"trainz-build"_number

Note that older assets will work in TRS19 but not all. I'm not smart enough to call that but the point is you CAN filter based on app builds. I generally try to stay Tane (3.9) and above when it comes to routes.

Edit: Of course, even a route done in the very latest release of TRS19 can contain old assets, or any payware assets, etc.

Last edited:
so i have found some dependensiec that are missing that are from ts12 how would i find and get those they are not showing download links for them on the kuid search website ?

You are jumping into the middle of a major storm (missing assets). You can avoid this by using routes and sessions that came with the game. You can also spend money to get complete packages from several sources. There are also a few creators that strive to use only assets on the DLS.

Back