"Newer Version Available" ???

boleyd

I have read from customer posts that the tag Newer Version Available means that you should Download that reference and the Newer Version should appear. I have also seen that the Newer Version is next to the referenced item but with a +1 KUID. There must be yet another procedure since neither works on my system. More time spent in the weeds...

Works fine here. Always has. Earlier I had a MSGSapper session indicate "New Version Available" - I clicked "Download" on the installed one and the new version downloaded and installed. I even had a loco say same but when I looked at asset versions the new was "unknown location" but i clicked the installed one and it updated and then showed "Installed from DLS" -

Try this -
Sort by status and find "Built in, Newer Version Available" (etc) - Highlight all of them to select them. Right click on any one of them and select "List Asset Versions." Sort by "Status" and find and select all that are "Available for download" - Right click and "Download"

Yes, what 1611MAC said above is how I do it now. Get 'em all at once. But in general you do need to "List Asset Versions" to get to the current downloadable one. Although I have seen some that either changed names or for some reason don't actually list the new version doing that! It comes up as Unknown. But that should be rare.

"List Asset Versions" Ah Ha -I forgot that one. Indeed it has worked in the past. All the "Tricks Of The Trade" in Trainz need a catalog of these goodies.
THANKS

Back