Flickering UI / SSD space shortage

DARTrider

Goofy Fictional RR Owner
I recently downloaded a few SD9's from High Desert Trainz. When I was testing them out, the UI in both surveyor and in driver would flash if the camera angle was a certain way. I don't know a cause to this, but I have an sneaking suspicion that it is the little amount of storage left in my SSD. I'll have to move my content to my HDD soon, so if it IS because of low space, then that gives me another reason to move my game files! I have probably 50k to 100k assets (assumption, I'm not counting that!) stored on my little SSD and its backing up my drive. Thanks for any help!

P.S. It only did it once

You can clear a substantial amount of space by clearing out the following locations:

Your data folder for TRS2019-Platinum /Cache/Internet

Backups. Delete all but the last couple of days. You can then set this to a smaller amount of days (days started up not consecutive days) by clicking on the Dev tab in the settings on the Launcher.

Yes putting the data on a bigger hard drive is recommended and you can do that after you cull out the garbage.

I am also getting Content flickering with the Animated Trees, and Seasonal Weeds around poles.
Looks like they are Electrified at times, kinda of like a Lightning Storm going on in them.
This is Random and only does it on some of the Trees and Weeds, but not all of them.
Hard Drive Space is not an issue on my System as of yet, and that is not what is causing it.
I do keep my Video Drivers updated, tried different settings in the Nvidia Control Panel.
Cheers.

I am also getting Content flickering with the Animated Trees, and Seasonal Weeds around poles.
Looks like they are Electrified at times, kinda of like a Lightning Storm going on in them.
This is Random and only does it on some of the Trees and Weeds, but not all of them.
Hard Drive Space is not an issue on my System as of yet, and that is not what is causing it.
I do keep my Video Drivers updated, tried different settings in the Nvidia Control Panel.
Cheers.

Jon,

That's probably a combination of coplanar faces causing z-buffer fighting, and antistrophic and and anti-alias settings, the leaf-size, and the textures used on the trees. Z-buffer fighting is caused by two planar faces, being way too close to each other that they consume the same space. The video card then attempts to render both assets at the same time, but can't so it switches quickly between the two causing the object to flicker. This is noticeable when placing two roads or concrete paths right on top of each other at the same height. The solution to this is to lift one up a very tiny bit.

Back