Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRC Help

Default TRC Help

I am not sure what iam doing wrong. The TRC 3 thats built-in isnt picking up the assets that I name. While the TS12: TRC is picking up on the assets but doesnt trigger.

Have you got all the updates for TRC 3?

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Here's how I managed to get the TRC trigger to pick up the crossings:
    1. First name the object '&x'. x representing a number.
    2. Rename the object 'x&x'. Now it should appear in the TRC Trigger.
    Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.

Quote Originally Posted by stagecoach View Post
    Have you got all the updates for TRC 3?
    I believe I have the latest update.

Quote Originally Posted by jordon412 View Post
    Here's how I managed to get the TRC trigger to pick up the crossings:
    1. First name the object '&x'. x representing a number.
    2. Rename the object 'x&x'. Now it should appear in the TRC Trigger.
    Tried doing this and it still doesnt pick up any assets.

United States of America, Oregon, Forest Grove

I am having this same issue as hert.

I have 3 TRC crossings set up each with the X&Y format for the trigger, crossing signals, and crossing stopper. i.e 1&1, 1&2, 1&3, 1&4

They all worked fine, for about a month, then just yesterday, I noticed all of the crossings were not working in my sessions. where they used to work fine.

After examining all of them, I found that the triggers were not "picking up" their assigned child assets any longer. The refresh link in the trigger dialogue box has stopped working as well.

@jordan412, why are you naming your TRC parts in the X&X format, they should be X&Y, not X&X

@stagecoach. What update? I can find no updates for TRC 3 on the DLS or on vincentrh website for the TRC assets.

EDIT: I have tried making TRC crossings in a new route, same issue. Something is bugged I think. Hopefully vincentrh can help figure out what's going on.

Rico
    Last edited by ricomon35; April 16th, 2021 at 06:29 PM.

United States of America, Tennessee, Chattanooga
    Blog Entries

that same thing has happened to some of my routes on Trainz 2019
    - Micah

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

I have always found TRC crossings to be quirky. Like you all, I have set them up and had them work one day but not the next. Then another time, I set them up and they didn't work at all. There's something that needs to be looked at.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

United States of America, Oregon, Forest Grove

What in the literal hell is going on with these Triggers?

I wake up and get on Trainz, and voila, the Triggers are picking up the child assets again.

All 3 crossing sets work fine again.

This is the triple with 3 Triggers, 2 gates, 2 invisible crossings.

All back to normal....

Rico

United States of America, California, Port Hueneme

I have gone back to the "old" system of having regular triggers. Red for closing green for opening. They work all the time. Tedious but secure. Re-converted all my 18+ crossings.

Quote Originally Posted by llebrez View Post
    I have gone back to the "old" system of having regular triggers. Red for closing green for opening. They work all the time. Tedious but secure. Re-converted all my 18+ crossings.
    I've never seen that setup. Can you post a few pics?

Thanks
    John

United States of America, California, Port Hueneme

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    I've never seen that setup. Can you post a few pics?

Thanks
    John: The pandora box is open. When I try to take a screenshot it takes it. However, triggers and items that would be invisible in driver, are not there!, and the shot is taken in surveyor in plain sight of red and green triggers. How do I take a screenshot with "everything on it?", or I have to use my phone to take a screen image.. You know the routine.
    However, the kuid for the triggers are: 2:458053:102829:2 for the open green trigger, and same kuid but 15:2 at end for the red one closing barriers. It still works on SP3 even if it said "obsolete". Then several barrier from Vincent are not working with any trigger. I now use traffic stoppers as 2:458053:101021:1. They are invisible with no barriers. However there are very nice old or new single barriers, flashing lights and all, that sync with these triggers, producing a nice working model. Plus, the traffic stopper does not need to be attached to the track, so it can be in a curve or grade and you can move it up or down so the road is level with the track. Green trigger very near the crossing opens the traffic, and the red trigger, positioned far away, closes it to close barriers by when trains arrives. Repeat set up for the other direction, so you end up with 4 triggers, all pointing to the crossing and with proper radius adjusted. Naming all is the same as with TRC 3 convention of naming protocol.

United States of America, Tennessee, Chattanooga
    Blog Entries

one of my routes that is affected by TRC is Cajon Subdivision 1990 Part 1: The Pass

- Micah

Quote Originally Posted by llebrez View Post
    John: The pandora box is open. When I try to take a screenshot it takes it. However, triggers and items that would be invisible in driver, are not there!, and the shot is taken in surveyor in plain sight of red and green triggers. How do I take a screenshot with "everything on it?", or I have to use my phone to take a screen image.. You know the routine.
    However, the kuid for the triggers are: 2:458053:102829:2 for the open green trigger, and same kuid but 15:2 at end for the red one closing barriers. It still works on SP3 even if it said "obsolete". Then several barrier from Vincent are not working with any trigger. I now use traffic stoppers as 2:458053:101021:1. They are invisible with no barriers. However there are very nice old or new single barriers, flashing lights and all, that sync with these triggers, producing a nice working model. Plus, the traffic stopper does not need to be attached to the track, so it can be in a curve or grade and you can move it up or down so the road is level with the track. Green trigger very near the crossing opens the traffic, and the red trigger, positioned far away, closes it to close barriers by when trains arrives. Repeat set up for the other direction, so you end up with 4 triggers, all pointing to the crossing and with proper radius adjusted. Naming all is the same as with TRC 3 convention of naming protocol.
    I just ran into that issue as well. It looks like track objects like that are removed from screen shots now! GRRR!

Thank you for the description that makes sense. That makes sense and I'll give it a try.

I copied the text so I can reference this later one as needed.
    John

Default TRC 3 Trigger for closure of crossings

Has any oine solved this ? The subject trigger is not working and is said to be because of faulty TRC Library. I am unable to come over this at all.
    Can any one pase l out the kuids to be used ?
    It will be of immense help.
    Thanks
    tupuluruk

Quote Originally Posted by tupuluruk View Post
    Has any oine solved this ? The subject trigger is not working and is said to be because of faulty TRC Library. I am unable to come over this at all.
    Can any one pase l out the kuids to be used ?
    It will be of immense help.
    Thanks
    Sorry I missed mentioning that I am using T.ANE build 105766.
    tupuluruk