TRC Help

hert

Screenshot Creator
I am not sure what iam doing wrong. The TRC 3 thats built-in isnt picking up the assets that I name. While the TS12: TRC is picking up on the assets but doesnt trigger.

Here's how I managed to get the TRC trigger to pick up the crossings:
1. First name the object '&x'. x representing a number.
2. Rename the object 'x&x'. Now it should appear in the TRC Trigger.

I am having this same issue as hert.

I have 3 TRC crossings set up each with the X&Y format for the trigger, crossing signals, and crossing stopper. i.e 1&1, 1&2, 1&3, 1&4

They all worked fine, for about a month, then just yesterday, I noticed all of the crossings were not working in my sessions. where they used to work fine.

After examining all of them, I found that the triggers were not "picking up" their assigned child assets any longer. The refresh link in the trigger dialogue box has stopped working as well.

@jordan412, why are you naming your TRC parts in the X&X format, they should be X&Y, not X&X

@stagecoach. What update? I can find no updates for TRC 3 on the DLS or on vincentrh website for the TRC assets.

EDIT: I have tried making TRC crossings in a new route, same issue. Something is bugged I think. Hopefully vincentrh can help figure out what's going on.

Rico

Last edited:
I have always found TRC crossings to be quirky. Like you all, I have set them up and had them work one day but not the next. Then another time, I set them up and they didn't work at all. There's something that needs to be looked at.

What in the literal hell is going on with these Triggers? :confused:

I wake up and get on Trainz, and voila, the Triggers are picking up the child assets again.

All 3 crossing sets work fine again.

This is the triple with 3 Triggers, 2 gates, 2 invisible crossings.

All back to normal.... :eek:

image.png

Qn7Hp0q

Rico
Qn7Hp0q

I have gone back to the "old" system of having regular triggers. Red for closing green for opening. They work all the time. Tedious but secure. Re-converted all my 18+ crossings.

I have gone back to the "old" system of having regular triggers. Red for closing green for opening. They work all the time. Tedious but secure. Re-converted all my 18+ crossings.

I've never seen that setup. Can you post a few pics?

Thanks

I've never seen that setup. Can you post a few pics?

Thanks
John: The pandora box is open. When I try to take a screenshot it takes it. However, triggers and items that would be invisible in driver, are not there!, and the shot is taken in surveyor in plain sight of red and green triggers. How do I take a screenshot with "everything on it?", or I have to use my phone to take a screen image.. You know the routine.
However, the kuid for the triggers are: 2:458053:102829:2 for the open green trigger, and same kuid but 15:2 at end for the red one closing barriers. It still works on SP3 even if it said "obsolete". Then several barrier from Vincent are not working with any trigger. I now use traffic stoppers as 2:458053:101021:1. They are invisible with no barriers. However there are very nice old or new single barriers, flashing lights and all, that sync with these triggers, producing a nice working model. Plus, the traffic stopper does not need to be attached to the track, so it can be in a curve or grade and you can move it up or down so the road is level with the track. Green trigger very near the crossing opens the traffic, and the red trigger, positioned far away, closes it to close barriers by when trains arrives. Repeat set up for the other direction, so you end up with 4 triggers, all pointing to the crossing and with proper radius adjusted. Naming all is the same as with TRC 3 convention of naming protocol.

John: The pandora box is open. When I try to take a screenshot it takes it. However, triggers and items that would be invisible in driver, are not there!, and the shot is taken in surveyor in plain sight of red and green triggers. How do I take a screenshot with "everything on it?", or I have to use my phone to take a screen image.. You know the routine.
However, the kuid for the triggers are: 2:458053:102829:2 for the open green trigger, and same kuid but 15:2 at end for the red one closing barriers. It still works on SP3 even if it said "obsolete". Then several barrier from Vincent are not working with any trigger. I now use traffic stoppers as 2:458053:101021:1. They are invisible with no barriers. However there are very nice old or new single barriers, flashing lights and all, that sync with these triggers, producing a nice working model. Plus, the traffic stopper does not need to be attached to the track, so it can be in a curve or grade and you can move it up or down so the road is level with the track. Green trigger very near the crossing opens the traffic, and the red trigger, positioned far away, closes it to close barriers by when trains arrives. Repeat set up for the other direction, so you end up with 4 triggers, all pointing to the crossing and with proper radius adjusted. Naming all is the same as with TRC 3 convention of naming protocol.

I just ran into that issue as well. It looks like track objects like that are removed from screen shots now! GRRR!

Thank you for the description that makes sense. That makes sense and I'll give it a try.

I copied the text so I can reference this later one as needed.

TRC 3 Trigger for closure of crossings

Has any oine solved this ? The subject trigger is not working and is said to be because of faulty TRC Library. I am unable to come over this at all.
Can any one pase l out the kuids to be used ?
It will be of immense help.
Thanks

Has any oine solved this ? The subject trigger is not working and is said to be because of faulty TRC Library. I am unable to come over this at all.
Can any one pase l out the kuids to be used ?
It will be of immense help.
Thanks
Sorry I missed mentioning that I am using T.ANE build 105766.

My problem is I am not getting a working asset "TRC 3 Trigger for closure of crossings" it always is faulty. I have tried all the kuids suggested in the forum.
Can some one please look in to this please. I am badly stuck.

My problem is I am not getting a working asset "TRC 3 Trigger for closure of crossings" it always is faulty. I have tried all the kuids suggested in the forum.
Can some one please look in to this please. I am badly stuck.
I assume you have read my post 11, and that you have tried the kuids I mention. If still does not work, it may be because you are missing the library. Please, go to Vincent website and locate everything related to TRC system and download everything there is. If it works for me, it has to work for you. For the time being, stay away of the TRC 3 and use the older ones.

Back