NS South Fork Secondary - Large Images - WIP

Conrail Local waits at Block Limit Station NAG for a Form D so it can head south to PBS Coal in Central City PA.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

After getting the railroad south, the empty train will dig into the 1% grade climb following the Shade Creek valley.

We are running the trains of the past and current operations of this area. Join us at: https://youtu.be/862YBZY4vpU

Last edited:
Bill!

It's great to see you building a new route! I've been of course keeping up with Joe's work on the new/old P&B! Coming along nicely. I will take some time soon and go over this thread. Subbed to the YT channel! :)

I can't wait to get my hands on your route. lol

bry

Are you using a DEM for this ? And if so who's . If not , your work is impressive either way . Looks like a really nice route . and your shots .

Matt

Hi Bill,

I didn't know that you were building another route. It's looking very nice!

I too have been following Joe updating your older route into his version. I'm looking forward to following you as you progress with your new route. I haven't read this whole thread yet but I hope you plan on releasing your new route once completed?

Kind regards,

Craig

Last edited:
Are you using a DEM for this ? And if so who's . If not , your work is impressive either way . Looks like a really nice route . and your shots .

Matt

Hi Matt! Thank you for the compliments!

I am not using a DEM. I am using track charts from various years, topographic maps from various years, google earth, employee timetables and doing it all by hand from scratch.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for the kind words. I am not sure about releasing the route only due to the fact that I have lots of objects in the route that I think are payware and would have a hard to time identifying them and changing them out so I am not giving away copyrighted pay ware material.

However, I am hoping to perhaps host multi-player operating sessions and doing plenty of youtube videos to show case the route and its operations!

Bill

Hi Bill,

I didn't know that you were building another route. It's looking very nice!

I too have been following Joe updating your older route into his version. I'm looking forward to following you as you progress with your new route. I haven't read this whole thread yet but I hope you plan on releasing your new route once completed?

Kind regards,

Craig

Yet another load of black diamonds heads north on Norfolk Southern's South Fork Secondary.

This is the Seanor Viaduct crossing the Shade Creek. Trains are limited to 10 mph here while northbound with loads.

Join us trackside for the South Fork Secondary action: https://youtu.be/862YBZY4vpU

Last edited:

July 1972. This coal train is southbound at Camp Drive underpass near Windber, PA. The line is Penn Central's Shade Creek Branch - known today as Norfolk Southern's South Fork Secondary.

Watch the full video: https://youtu.be/862YBZY4vpU

Last edited:
Back