Help cant see my layout in TS19

hrhpeter

I have got completely stuck as to what to do next. I have been building a new layout, all was going fine until i tried to check the layout in driver Suddenly there are huge gaps in the boars and the train runs in midair. It doesnt happen in other layouts far more complicated than mine and it reverts to as it was when I come out of driver. Help:(
user.php
imgsrc.ru_69781126HiB.jpg
imgsrc.ru_69781119KuR.jpg

imgsrc.ru_69781120OgI.jpg

imgsrc.ru_69781122tSt.jpg

user.php

The first and most obvious question is, have you done a DBR? I also hope you've backed up your work to CDP encase anything goes wrong, an absolute must for any route building.

Yes I have done both and still am totally stuck. Imay try to Re load the route from the CDP maybe that might work . I have never come across this before. Its really odd.

Hi,

Are you loading just the route, or a route+session?

I only ask because the Cornish mainline route loaded ok, but one of the sessions caused very similar problems to the ones you describe. The session has been fixed, and it was only related to that one session.
can you load just the route (e.g. as if you were editing it)? If so, does it look ok?

Next step is to load the route, then create a session. Place a consist form the "wheel" icon, and see if a plain single train has the same problem - not - don't add any extra cdriver commands.

HTH

Colin

Is it possible you ran out of memory (system and virtual) during saving? This could happen in Trainz of yore particularly if you had 7 backups selected in the Settings screen gobbling up HD space, resulting in loss of data when saving and vast swathes of missing textures or objects when next you loaded the route.

The save process in TRS19 SP2 seems a bit flakey anyway - I just had it hang trying to save a model railway project I'm working on, which normally takes 3 seconds if that. No doubt when I go back in all the work done since the previous save will be gone, as I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out of it.

If only for my sanity I am genuinely thinking of going back to TANE for building unless N3V get off their posteriors and either fix the mess that is SP2 or give us an option to revert to SP1.

Thank you for your ideas, so far nothing has changed I have now cloned the route and that didn't make any difference I think I am going to have to give it up as a bad job. System and virtual memory was fine as i ran it and saved it and as far as surveyor it is fine in that. I tried loading and adding a single consist and that didn't work. I have also been right through my system settings checked my GPU and my CPU checked my hard drives for faults and all ok. I can run Settle and Carlisle and The Big Build with no problems at all. So I will try the line again and see if i can replicate it.

Are you on SP2? I know there were some issues with older routes prior to SP2 and at at least some of it was supposedly fixed. I haven't actually tried my own yet for proof...

I have said some of this before. Thank you all for your help, although having done everything that was suggested nothing changed. I have tried also checked my CPU and GPU for performance issues and they are working just fine and also the memory. I even deleted the whole route and all sessions and then reloaded from a CDP I had made a couple of weeks before I had used driver and the issue was still there. So it was fun building it but now I am going to start again rebuilding the same route with a new Transdem Lidar map but this time I will try driver before spending hours putting in scenery. In answer to Forrester i am on build 110491 and have checked this morning that there are no updates available

So it was fun building it but now I am going to start again rebuilding the same route with a new Transdem Lidar map but this time I will try driver before spending hours putting in scenery.

You may not have to build from scratch. Check your backups folder.

Back