Editing Environment - Stuck in Winter

jeff1959

Living in the Northwoods of Wisconsin, I am used to winter lasting for a real long time. However, in Trainz, I thought it only lasted three months. I wanted to see how my route would look in winter, so I changed the calendar to December. It looked a lot different, with white or brown barren trees, and white ground where seasonal textures were used.

So, I went to change it back, something strange happened. It seems that winter has stayed through July.
Winter-in-July%3F.jpg

The ground and the trees have remained stuck in winter. I tried adding seasonal textures and they came out as white as snow. New trees were winter versions of themselves. I have closed the route, reopened to the same. I closed Trainz entirely and restarted to the same result. A database rebuild didn't help.

Maybe I need a dogsled and dogs configured as an engine? Any ideas on how to get out of winter in July?

There have been a few threads on this issue but I cannot seem to find them.

The calendar date setting may be saved in the session, not the route (but I am not certain on this point) and there was some "discussion" and disagreement about this.

The other factor that affects the seasons is your entered latitude - specifically North or South of the Equator (not the Dixie Line). The Lat/Long/Altitude settings are definitely saved with the route. The altitude setting has an effect on the snowline but only for those assets that have a snow effect built in. Other assets will ignore it.

Check your latitude setting, you never know you may have inadvertently migrated down to Oz for the warmth and where the snow in winter is never higher than your ankles.

Back